Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game not loading, unplayable.

Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1

Game not loading, unplayable.

So after yesterday's snafu with the LE Car pack, everything had been working fine. This morning installed LE Car pack when it became available, game started and ran fine, I shut it down and went about my day.

Now I go to boot the game and it shows the intro splash screens, then prompts me to hit the menu button. I click Menu, and then select my Live Profile, and the next screen with 4 animated bars before the video is supposed to start never leaves. The animation of the bars and the background rain never stops, and I am able to navigate back to xbox menu, but the game never progresses past this point. I have let it run for over 30 minutes and no change.

I am on energy saver mode, internal HD, wired internet. In fact, every time I turn my xbox off I hold the power button for 20+ seconds to make sure it is all the way off.

I have tried with and without my wheel attached
    Tried without any peripherals at all attached
    tried with all car packs, without LE car pack, and with no car packs.
    I have cleared the cache tapping the power button without being plugged in
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game (disk install) and tried to boot fresh without any peripherals or addons.
    I have deleted and re-synced my local save files

The only thing I have not done is delete my save files everywhere, because I highly doubt it will work and I would be very angry with myself if I did do that and it solved nothing.

Any assistance?

Thanks in advance.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    All I can say is that ever since patch 1.04 came out, I've had nothing but problems with the game and my wheel. I'm honestly afraid it broke my wheel at this point because it's not working in PC or FH2. I just don't understand because I had 0 problems with Project Cars prior to the latest update.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm probably over-reacting I guess but I'm having major problems right now. I thought everything would be aolved when they fixed the LE cars issue. Now I'm having more problems. My $400 wheel is worthless atm.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Well I guess it's resolved.

Ended doing a factory reset on the xbox. With a fresh xbox, nothing at all installed, installed PCars and after syncing the game save file it still did not work.

Guess that narrowed it down to corrupt local and sync'd save file.

I really hope this at least solves the in-session tune save issue.
    Last edited by OpticalHercules; 25-06-2015 at 05:19.

Platform
    PC
    I solved by deleting Xbox profile and recreating, this then synced correctly an dall was good

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...t-screen/page3
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEN:AUT | FF:to suit | LIN:On | NDP:50 | NFR:Off | NIN:50 | INT:6 | FEI:100 | Rest :100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Platform
    XBOX1
    I had restored the xbox to complete factory new specs, loaded the game and then sync'd my save from the cloud. This did not help. I don't see how deleting and reloading a profile would help when you're still dealing with the same corrupt sync file.

Was too angry last night to get into anything much over 20 minutes on this game, but I can confirm that deleting all save data did resolve the other issues I was having, including:
    --Tune changes not saving while in career session
    --AI posting impossible times when using Skip to End of Session
    --Session results not saving when using Exit to leave session, even after clicking Yes to confirm save results.

There is a problem with the way this game accesses and writes local save files and possibly with how that save file is sync'd and updated. Being that those above issues (not the loading) all started when the game crashed as I was closing the tune menu, that probably created some kind of instability between the local and sync file, and when those two files were merged, everything got all fouled up.

Maybe take a look, SMS?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Just an update, SMS...

Not even three days since I've completely reset my xbox to new spec, and having zero other games installed, completely erased my local and cloud save files. This is essentially a fresh install on a brand new xbox with nothing else on it.

Game is already not saving session results when clicking exit AND yes on save
    Game is already resetting tunes created/edited in the pits during a practice/qual session.

I'm afraid to even test the skip to end again.

I've confirmed the same problem in LMP1 US Cup (marek), Formula A (first race... dubai?), and GT3 UK cup (BMW M3)

There is nothing else on this xbox that could possibly be corrupting the save files except for your own game and how it communicates with the cloud backup.

Is there any progress on resolving this issue?

Platform
    XBOX1
    And once again, the game is hanging at the load screen with the 4-bar animation logo. 20 days since last hang. I know that I once again will have to delete my local and cloud save file.

Earlier today I downloaded Skype to try and figure out a workaround for your broken game chat as I am trying to start a weekend series and would like to have more than 8 people involved. I installed Skype and then started up the game. Went into career to finish the last race of the GT3 Euro Championship. I completed the race but was experiencing the speed-up/slow-down of the graphics while braking and in corners. I assume this was due to skype running in the background taking up some system resources, but I don't know. The race was a mess, but I completed it. Then once back at the main PCars screen, I hit guide button to xbox dashboard, clicked menu and quit the game. I then did a hard shutdown, holding down the power button for 20+ seconds until power brick light went yellow, unplugged everything, and walked away for 10 minutes. Came back, plugged in and booted up just the game by itself, and now it has hung.

I have now deleted my local and cloud save data, rebooted console, and everything works fine once again. The problem is how this game saves, retrieves, and syncs data from the cloud. To call this anything but broken is a lie.

As much patience as I have in dealing with the issues this game has, I am sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to once again lose all progress, all tunes, all settings the instant I complete my first career series after having lost everything once before. When will SMS finally show the humility to admit that the xbox version of this game is nothing more than a failed port of a PC game. This was never properly tested for console release. Everything about Career besides the actual races does not work. Time trials crash the game. Driver Network/community events have no protections keeping the cheaters away from the honest players. Apart from private games, multiplayer is broken, and even private matches have some issues. The only thing that does work as advertised is Free Practice/Race Weekend. This game is a BETA and every console customer who bought this game expecting what was advertised has been had.

For the developers to say this was ready for release to paying customers is nothing more than blind hubris.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticalHercules View Post
    And once again, the game is hanging at the load screen with the 4-bar animation logo. 20 days since last hang. I know that I once again will have to delete my local and cloud save file.

Earlier today I downloaded Skype to try and figure out a workaround for your broken game chat as I am trying to start a weekend series and would like to have more than 8 people involved. I installed Skype and then started up the game. Went into career to finish the last race of the GT3 Euro Championship. I completed the race but was experiencing the speed-up/slow-down of the graphics while braking and in corners. I assume this was due to skype running in the background taking up some system resources, but I don't know. The race was a mess, but I completed it. Then once back at the main PCars screen, I hit guide button to xbox dashboard, clicked menu and quit the game. I then did a hard shutdown, holding down the power button for 20+ seconds until power brick light went yellow, unplugged everything, and walked away for 10 minutes. Came back, plugged in and booted up just the game by itself, and now it has hung.

I have now deleted my local and cloud save data, rebooted console, and everything works fine once again. The problem is how this game saves, retrieves, and syncs data from the cloud. To call this anything but broken is a lie.

As much patience as I have in dealing with the issues this game has, I am sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to once again lose all progress, all tunes, all settings the instant I complete my first career series after having lost everything once before. When will SMS finally show the humility to admit that the xbox version of this game is nothing more than a failed port of a PC game. This was never properly tested for console release. Everything about Career besides the actual races does not work. Time trials crash the game. Driver Network/community events have no protections keeping the cheaters away from the honest players. Apart from private games, multiplayer is broken, and even private matches have some issues. The only thing that does work as advertised is Free Practice/Race Weekend. This game is a BETA and every console customer who bought this game expecting what was advertised has been had.

For the developers to say this was ready for release to paying customers is nothing more than blind hubris.
    The silence is deafining!

I've not had a problem yet losing everything but the speeding up and down or warping happens daily to me now and it's getting on my t*ts.

Platform
    XBOX1
    And a little over 24hours after reinstalling and deleting local+cloud save data, the game is once again not saving tunes in career session, not saving session results unless I click continue and then exiting from the next session, and posting impossible lap times when I use Skip-to-End and also when sitting in pits while accelerating the time to hurry a session to end.

Just an acknowledgement that this save data corruption is being looked into would be appreciated... It's not just my local data, it's the cloud data, so I know it isn't my system. The only other non-prepackaged software installed on my xbox at this time is Elder Scrolls Online, Skype, and Upload editor.