Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game not loading, unplayable.

Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    This is only an xbox problem.

As far as playing Offline mode, we've confirmed that if you are having the 4-bar logo hang, you can still put xbox in Offline Mode and it will let you start the game. There's no reason to play your career/solo in Offline Mode all the time. It will cause sync delays on those times when you do try to play online, and may not save properly anyway. I'm only suggesting Offline Mode as a troubleshooting method.
    Apparently I'm a Muppet Fanboy! ...whatever that means.

North American Casual Racer Association -- Come join us any night!
    http://nacrassociation.proboards.com

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Oh ok. When I tried to put it in offline mode it still would not let me back into the game I was still stuck in four bar animation. I am starting to lean it has something to do with 7th core and saving code corrupting and then not being able to load. And this code is in the save game file. I am starting to the cloud is just housing the error. The error happens between saving and the 7th core. The operating system order of operations and saving are getting crossed up somehow.
    The following user likes this Post: OctoberDusk06

Platform
    XBOX1
    7th core likely has nothing to do with the problems of saving data locally or on the cloud. The references you are seeing to 7th core and PCars is that PCars is one of the few games for Xbox written to take advantage of the 7th core being made available, which previously MS did not allow. That core has nothing to do with saving data or how the xbox connects to the Cloud. I think others have posted that SMS used that core to handle game audio or something like that. Processing of data and data storage are two different functions.

There are many players, who when experiencing the 4-bar lockup, were able to load game and enter a racing session once they put the xbox into Offline Mode, which would prevent the xbox from attempting to sync with the cloud save file on startup.

first you posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Poulka
    ... So I deleted my local save, but when I restarted game it synced,with the cloud, then I got the same result. The only that got me back in game was to delete everything. I could get to the menu to even choose career or online, or offline solo race. The only thing I know I did different was earlier in the day switched from energy saving to instant on to break up the long race. Now I have done this before, without any problems. ...
    I assume you meant "could not get to menu to even..." Here you state that you only changed power saving and instant on. Nothing to do with Offline Mode.

Then you posted:
    ...My Xbox was connected to Xbox live, I even tried to see if it would let me get to the game if I set it to offline. That did not help things either. Now I wonder with my new career should I just set it to offline since I mainly play career and solo races. ...
    So did you go into Xbox Settings >> Network >> Go offline and then try to load the game before you deleted your cloud & local data? I'm not sure from what you've written if you understood that the Offline Mode was a system setting and not a game setting.

Now you write:

...When I tried to put it in offline mode it still would not let me back into the game I was still stuck in four bar animation. ...
    Again, we know that (maybe in most cases) players ARE able to get back into the game when running in Offline Mode after having the 4-bar animation screen lock up. That tells us that the Cloud file has an issue that the local file does not. Granted, I think you may be the first person to test this exact situation since Patch 4.0 came out, and maybe something HAS changed that would cause problems with the Local file as well as the Cloud file. That's an unknown. If nothing was changed, then maybe your exact situation was different somehow than what others are experiencing. Maybe this issue isn't solely related to the Cloud file. Maybe it's save files as a whole. Will need more players (unfortunately) to have problems and know to test this stuff to know for sure.

As I've said in other threads, without any confirmations from SMS on this issue, to completely discount any possibility is foolish. That being said, I do doubt that one core on a processor has anything to do with how a save file is written or read, locally or remotely. Can't discount it, but it just seems even more far-fetched than the idea that it's individual users connection problems causing this.

Platform
    XBOX1
    So I last deleted my data on Sept 25th. Completely fresh install and fresh save file. I noticed about 5 days later that the AI in Career practice and qualifier sessions would occasionally post impossible lap times when using the Skip-to-End function. This is a known bug.

As of today, 9 days later, the game is no longer saving the results of Career Sessions when I use Quit, even after clicking Yes on the prompt to save session results. I have experienced and reported this bug before as well. What happens is, let's say I complete a Qualifier of any career session. Before the race starts I want to adjust the race duration or difficulty, or change anything in the Game Settings. So once the timer has expired on the qualifier session (see first bug I mention, I have to let the timer expire or deal with impossible times), I then scroll down to Quit. I click Quit and a prompt appears asking if I would like to save the results of the session, with choices being "No, Yes, and Cancel". I click Yes and the session exits. Now if I browse to the Calendar again to where I would enter the Race for the Qual I have just finished, the first thing available is the Qualifier that I just completed, as if I never did it. If I click right and start the race, the starting grid is random as if no Qualifier had happened. the only way around this bug is when the Qual (or practice) ends, I have to click "Continue" to start the next session, and then quit from in that session. That will save the results of the previous Practice or Qualifier.

Also, I am starting to experience some AI putting in impossible lap times even when not using Skip to End or accelerating the time. This was noticed in the WEC Endurance Championship, events 4 (Sakitto) and 5 (Dubai), while racing LMP2. In both of these events, during Practice and Qual, there were 2 LMP2 AI drivers who were putting in lap times faster than 3 of the 7 LMP1 cars. This was on Difficulty 80%, duration around 50%. That should not be possible.

Below is a screenshot of my current Driver Network Profile after 9 days on this fresh save/install:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-Original.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	219676

The focus is all wrong, unless the game includes Practice sessions and Free Practice solo session in "Qualifying". the "1.13" hrs of Online is clearly wrong, as I've done 2 league events in that time, the first around 90 minutes last saturday at Nurburgring GP, and around 2hrs on Oct 3rd at Nordschleife. Career of "13.75" may be about right if it only includes career races, since I've only done Endurance career in this save file, have done 7 races all timed around 2 hours each, but that's clearly not including 2x 30 minute practices and 1x 15 minute qualifier for each of those 7 events. The Affinity bars are wrong, as I've only entered 2 GT events to 7 Prototype events, but I've won all of those 7 prototype events, and none of the GT. Also only 1 win on my Signature Car? Online Performance... entered 2 races but got pole position 3 times, and completed 0%# of my races, though I've finished an average of 6th?

If there was anything in this game that could really be called useless (and that's a term I really don't want to use with this game...), wouldn't this "profile" that's wrong on nearly EVERY stat be it?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The profile numbers do make sense. I noticed this back in July, I was had some strange number like only 70 hours in total game time and 1875 races entered.

I did the following troubleshooting steps, first I put it back into energy saving which play in about 90 percent of the time. Next I did several hard resets, neither of these had any effect. Came back to it later went into network setting and set to offline and tried to load and that did not work as well. Next deleted game save on the Xbox and all of these left me with the same result four bar animation.

As far core here is my reasoning, no other game uses this resource for running a game. No other console is using a core that is solely used for operating system. So to me we are experiencing something PCs and PS4 are not having and they also are not using an operating system core. No one knows what effect this is having by using this core. It seems strange to me we are the only console having this problem while at the same time the only console that is using the operating system core. This core handles the operating systems operations. Saving a game file is handled by the operating system, it makes me wonder if there is a conflict taking place between operating system and game code by both being in this same core. People said when they released a patch to use this core what effect it would have. I think I have had this issue twice since this was put in place. The only other time I had this problem was the saving replay issue.

Platform
    XBOX1
    That would be true if we knew that PS4 and PC both operated on a dedicated core. PS4 might, but PC surely doesn't. Xbox previously had dedicated a core just for it's OS, but specified the others all for "other" uses. Then MS allowed "other" process to be run concurrently on the OS core. So far as SMS has confirmed, PCars is only using that core for audio data, engine sounds, and some grass detail. I have no idea how programs use cores on a PC, but not all PC's have the same number of processor cores. There is no program, OS game or driver, that is locking out cores only for specific uses. You're making the assumption that the games run identically on all 3 systems, in how the game distributes resource load. That's impossible. Xbox and PS4 are both static consoles, in that all of them have the exact same hardware configuration. All xboxs and All PS4's run identical to every other. That is not true for PC. Your reasoning would work if all systems were identical and that core were the only difference. In fact, the difference of the systems can almost prove that that isn't the case.

Plus, I don't think the core usage wasn't added in a patch. MS unlocked it at the beginning of this year, and the game shipped with it's usage in place.

Also, stupid question for Umer Ahmad (who I know put you on this 7th core idea in a different thread topic), why all this commotion about 7th core? Is xbox OS running on #7, leaving 1-6 & 8 free? or is this a 7 core machine with the 8th physical core locked out to save money the way AMD often does/did?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It was the 7 percent boost they said that Xbox would get in patch 2.0 that was allowing the game to use the 7 th core. But all systems are not the same now I love Xbox after leaving Sony after having PS3 and ps4, but the box comes up short in its processors. They may be same physically but you have to look at configurations on the processor and clocking speeds. If these consoles were the same ps and Xbox would have same problems. I know ps has had their share of problems with the game, but Xbox have had numerous and the only one that suffers from this issue. Since I only game in offline modes I will take my Xbox offline when playing PCars .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticalHercules View Post
    This is only an xbox problem.

As far as playing Offline mode, we've confirmed that if you are having the 4-bar logo hang, you can still put xbox in Offline Mode and it will let you start the game. There's no reason to play your career/solo in Offline Mode all the time. It will cause sync delays on those times when you do try to play online, and may not save properly anyway. I'm only suggesting Offline Mode as a troubleshooting method.
    Optical, that's not true today for me. I was getting random crashes when I left certain tracks (Spa) but I have no idea if that's connected, because since 5.0 the game has been very unstable. I am at the point where this happens:

I know the instant this happened. The game came on and gave me that "we need to synch some data" black and white message and then crashed. When I restarted, it hung as you have experienced so many times. And so I went thought your highly detailed thread (thank you by the way). So I deleted the DLC. No dice. I then went offline. Still hung on the bars.

So now I guess I'm faced with destroying all my hard work and saved files as yo have done so many time. Entirely unacceptable. I won't go into some pretty bad stuff that could happen to SMS as a result (at least in the U.S.) but I have a feeling that's why they are ignoring us. The game is great and wonderful aside form these bugs, which were, heretofore, annoying. Now, game destroying. Makes me want to jump on F1 or Forza. Such a shame too. I wish I knew how to delete everything, as I don't want to reset my entire xbox (all games downloaded) if possible, but I thought I would post here to see if I could be any help for you and others while the bars are still toodling along. Unless I hear back soon, I'm going to do my best to fix it where I can. Some at RD have had this issue and they will know the exact steps. I feel ya. Unacceptable. But not surprising. If your theory is true, my shaky game was a disaster waiting to happen, as I suspect many out there are. Luckily it's not before I'm set to host a league race.

P.S. - the forum must operate with hamsters too, since it kicks you off every 30 seconds, and erases your words unless you remember to copy them. BTW, I had no saved replays.
    Last edited by OctoberDusk06; 30-10-2015 at 18:47.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Well, unfortunately I had my third experience of this save game corruption on Sunday. Nowhere near your level of frustration @OpticalHercules but still damn annnoying. I had no career progrerss in the game since my last similar problem so in mine at least the career has no link to the bug. I went through all the usual efforts to bring the game to life but had no joy so ended up having ot delete the save files from eveywhere and start from scratch for the third time.

I did have some replays saved and what I thought was odd was that despite deleting from everywhere these were still available to me in the Highlights section of the game. I thought deleting the save game would also delete these!! All my setups were gone though whihc was more of a pain than any loss of replays.

The signs of the problem came after an online race on Saturday night when I attempted to save the race replay. I got the corrupt save file mesage pop up three times. This I think was the key for my particular problem because when I got back to the game after deleting the locla and cloud save file there were three copies of the race replay in my highlights, although none of them would play. This took me above the 250mb limit that I understand is the trigger to this problem for some.

It's such an annoyance in what is an otherwise wonderful game \ sim.
    Last edited by Hammerpgh; 09-11-2015 at 15:28.