Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Played again GT 6 a few days ago and was really shocked!

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Played again GT 6 a few days ago and was really shocked!

Hello guys,

I was playing GT 6 a few days ago and the experience was really shocking. I was in the mood for the Nissan GT, Nissan Nismo and the Lambo Gallardo. Man I can honestly tell you after playing Project Cars for a while now, coming back to GT 6 is like playing Ridge Racer The game feels and plays so Arcadey I have no words. There is really no punishment for oversteering or understeering. Also there is no real feel for the brakes compared to Project Cars. In Project cars I get this real sense of the break discs whilst breaking. It just feels realistic. Also there is really no sense of speed tested it on Bathurst driving a Nissan is like driving a Volkswagen Beetle lol. I can tell you now for sure the physics of Project Cars are in a complete higher league! I hate to say it, GT 7 needs a complete overhaul in terms of physics. Just a little upgrade based on the old engine will not be good enough. So guys I am really interested in your personal experience going back to GT 6. Am I imagining things or is it really that Arcadey?

Platform
    PC
    Having played all the Forza's and singing its praise for years and calling all other racing games 'arcadey', my first thought of pCARS on release was how much it made Forza feel arcadey. I don't think there's ever any going back I'm afraid.
    Case: Zalman Z11 Plus CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Graphics Card: MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 5 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Storage: Kingston v300 120GB, Seagate SSHD 2TB PSU: Corsair CX600 OS: Windows 10

Platform
    PS4
    One
    of
    us...
    Last I played GT6 was a day before I picked up pCars. Thought I'd warm up a little but HAH lol what a joke
    Had to recalibrate my brain for the pCars experience. Next level.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jubei2011, Pink_650S

Platform
    PC
    I havent played any other racing game in years. Due to the fact that GT always felt like an arcade game to me. A true racing sim is what i had always longed for on a console, and its now here. I wont bother wasting any of my time on other racing games now, although i will likely try AC when it comes to PS4.
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29
    The following user likes this Post: chig88

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I played gt6 the other day to do some rally stuff, and as soon as I hopped in my Subaru with a blacked out interior, my first thought was "damn, I forgot all about this." Had fun doing the rally though, since it's different. However, afterwards, just for comparison purposes, I hopped on a 125cc kart, and I was bored by the 2nd lap. Playing pCars has ruined GT for me lol. Sony does have a lot of work to do to make a worthwhile racing sim. They need to ditch the blacked out interiors. If anything a generic interior would be better than just darkness.
    The following user likes this Post: Jubei2011

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Same here,old gen graphisms doesn t help either
    No Way back for sure

Platform
    PS4
    Same here.
    When l jumped into Project Cars for the first time, l was like "Ahhhh, thats how cars actually handle!"
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Grijo, Jubei2011, Sik180sx, TheReaper GT

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think Forza has put GT in the coffin and PCars has put the nails in. Polyphonic Digital really do need to come back with something mind blowing special with GT7 to come back from the dead.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I had a great time with forza 4 back in the 360 days. When I got my One I was looking forward to Forza 5, what a disappointment , the game just doesn't feel like forza and was a deal breaker for me, having a lot of friends with it and no other good options I played anyway. I haven't played it again since I got pCars, unitl few days ago when a friend invited me, took me one lap to get bored to the roots of my hair. The race ends, I'm in third place, they are laughing their asses off, I just left to bed. uhauhhua No Xanax needed though. uhauhauhuha
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Grijo, Jubei2011, Sik180sx

Umer Ahmad
    We see this not only the retail side but also Ian has mentioned 2 professional teams have commented that pCARS tyre model was better their in house simulators.

If PD/Nissan can team up and do GT-Academy than i hope we could pull off somethin similar as the software contest, well it's really no contest. But these things take a lot of money, maybe Ian can put together a partnership with Audi or something. Rene Rast is a big supporter already. Imagine one of the top pCARS players making it onto the Audi GT team, tears.