Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: A new home for all your setups

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Loving the look of this, and it might be useful to know it nearly works perfectly on a mobile size tablet (Nexus 7).

Only one wrinkle was that in Chrome to register I had to request the Desktop Site, but then Untick the Desktop Site box to use it properly. Will post my F.C setup later because I love it.
    The following user likes this Post: RimanDk

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivracer View Post
    I really love this!
    Happy you like it! =)

Right now though, if you click the info on the cars when choosing one, it displays weight and torque in metric. Will we be able to switch these to imperial?
    Not something I had planned to support, but but it is definitely doable. I have a lot of other, high-priority issues/features I want to get through first though, but I will put it on the list =).

Also on the top we have Setups by car and Setups by user, can we have Setups by track and Setups by class?
    By track, no - you have tags for that =). Pick the car you want to drive, search for tracks with the freetext search in the setup drawer - if the car has any setups.
    Something similar to by class is in the works right now. I am looking into implementing filtering on the bycar and editcreate pages. By default it will show all brands with all cars under each brand, but it will also list all categories (Road, GT, Prototype, etc). Pick a category and the brands will go away and reveal all cars that match that primary category. You will be able to pick a car and go to its setups then, or you will be able to pick a sub-category (Road A, Road B, Road C, GTE, GT3, GT4, etc), further filtering down the list of cars available.

Computer
    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-GAMING 5 | CPU Intel Core i7-4790K @4 GHz, Turbo @ 4.40GHz | RAM Kingston HyperX Predator Beast 2x 8GB DDR3 @2200MHz CL11-13-14 | Graphics 2x Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING 4Gb in SLI | Sound ASUS Xonas Essence STX | OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Hardware
    Rig Obutto r3volution | Screens 3x 24" Eizo Foris FS2434-BK @ 5840 x 1080 | Earphones BeyerDynamic DT770 - BeyerDynamic DT990 | Wheel bases Fanatec CSW v2 - Fanatec CSW v1 - Fanatec CSR Elite | Rims BMW rim (2100g, 320mm) - Formula rim (1210g, 2800mm) - Universal Hub + QSP flat touring 300 leather (1600g, 300mm) - Universal Hub + OMP corsica alcantara (1600g, 320mm) | Pedals Heusinkveld Engineering Sim Pedals Pro - Fanatec CSR Elite

Racing experience
    PC Project Cars - NFS Shift 2 - NFS Shift - NFS Pro Street | Assetto Corsa | Raceroom Racing Experience - Race 07 with all expansions - GTR 2 - GTR - GT Legends | F1 2011 - F1 2010 - Dirt 3 | Next Car Game | GRID AutoSport | Juiced | Viper Racing
    Xbox Forza 4 - Forza Horizon - Forza 3 PS3 Gran Turismo 5 - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Ferrari Challenge, Trofeo Pirelli

Need a setup? http://projectcarssetups.eu/ - My setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/RimanDk - Jussi's (OEM) setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/Jussi
    Everything about the setups website here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ll-your-setups
    The following user likes this Post: Nivracer

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RimanDk View Post
    One can hope =). I have heard SMS are working on a file-based solution to setups. I have openly invited them on the WMD forum to have a chat so we can see if it is realistic to load setup files into the website and inversely for the website to output files that the game can consume. It's still a pipe dream for now, but there is all the willingness in the world on my side to make it work. They just need to hit me with it and an integration will happen, if I have the power to do so - at least for PC. I have no idea how it would work on consoles (I don't own any). The willingness to make it work regardless is there, though =).
    Yes, I know the PC version uses XML files with the setups, so I already thought the game could implement APIs from Dropbox, Box or similar file-storage free clouds, and once user gives the auth, it simply loads from there... Perhaps even console versions could profit from a similar thing. If that is feasible, your site could export to Dropbox and co...

But hey man, amazing initiative! The initial steps of the 1st Facebook of car setups!
    PSN: PureMalt77
    Gear: T300RS | T3PA Pro | TH8A | PlaySeat Challenge | K810 | Wireless Headset 2.0 | pCars Dash | FFB
    Real Life: 2012 BMW 520d | 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650A
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna

Platform
    PS4
    That is a great idea.. Thanks for that.. Looks great as far as I have seen..

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PureMalt77 View Post
    Yes, I know the PC version uses XML files with the setups
    That's news to me, where would these be?
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Platform
    PC
    Yes, I know the PC version uses XML files with the setups, so I already thought the game could implement APIs from Dropbox, Box or similar file-storage free clouds, and once user gives the auth, it simply loads from there..
    Not sure where you got that - setups are currently stored in the user's binary profile. The whole need for this site stems from the fact that setups are inaccessible. In order to get to them, I would basically have to hack the profile.

Computer
    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-GAMING 5 | CPU Intel Core i7-4790K @4 GHz, Turbo @ 4.40GHz | RAM Kingston HyperX Predator Beast 2x 8GB DDR3 @2200MHz CL11-13-14 | Graphics 2x Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING 4Gb in SLI | Sound ASUS Xonas Essence STX | OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Hardware
    Rig Obutto r3volution | Screens 3x 24" Eizo Foris FS2434-BK @ 5840 x 1080 | Earphones BeyerDynamic DT770 - BeyerDynamic DT990 | Wheel bases Fanatec CSW v2 - Fanatec CSW v1 - Fanatec CSR Elite | Rims BMW rim (2100g, 320mm) - Formula rim (1210g, 2800mm) - Universal Hub + QSP flat touring 300 leather (1600g, 300mm) - Universal Hub + OMP corsica alcantara (1600g, 320mm) | Pedals Heusinkveld Engineering Sim Pedals Pro - Fanatec CSR Elite

Racing experience
    PC Project Cars - NFS Shift 2 - NFS Shift - NFS Pro Street | Assetto Corsa | Raceroom Racing Experience - Race 07 with all expansions - GTR 2 - GTR - GT Legends | F1 2011 - F1 2010 - Dirt 3 | Next Car Game | GRID AutoSport | Juiced | Viper Racing
    Xbox Forza 4 - Forza Horizon - Forza 3 PS3 Gran Turismo 5 - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Ferrari Challenge, Trofeo Pirelli

Need a setup? http://projectcarssetups.eu/ - My setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/RimanDk - Jussi's (OEM) setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/Jussi
    Everything about the setups website here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ll-your-setups

Platform
    PS4
    Not sure where you got that - setups are currently stored in the user's binary profile. The whole need for this site stems from the fact that setups are inaccessible. In order to get to them, I would basically have to hack the profile.
    Really? I just assumed that based on Jack Spades XML files. I remember seeing somewhere instructions to copy that into some game folder. Perhaps that only worked on the beta versions? Are those solely for FFB settings?
    If is not possible, than I take it all of, and sorry for assuming what I have no clue about! I go back to my poor console!
    Last edited by PureMalt77; 25-06-2015 at 19:50.
    Gear: T300RS | T3PA Pro | TH8A | PlaySeat Challenge | K810 | Wireless Headset 2.0 | pCars Dash | FFB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna

Platform
    PS4
    Great work.
    I will post some tunes.
    Thanks matte

Platform
    PC
    Really? I just assumed that based on Jack Spades XML files. I remember seeing somewhere instructions to copy that into some game folder. Perhaps that only worked on the beta versions? Are those solely for FFB settings?
    If is not possible, than I take it all of, and sorry for assuming what I have no clue about! I go back to my poor console!
    The xml stuff you see flying around with Jack Spade's name on it are ffb tweakers =). Nothing to do with setups, other than the fact that once you use a tweaker, the ingame sliders for per-car ffb stop working. The ffb tweakers are indeed xml files that you drop somewhere in the game folder, and then the game picks them up and uses them. I'm pretty sure they work on a per-car ffb level - and yeah, they definitely still work with the current version of the game =)

Computer
    Hardware

Racing experience

The following user likes this Post: PureMalt77

Platform
    PS4
    The xml stuff you see flying around with Jack Spade's name on it are ffb tweakers =). Nothing to do with setups, other than the fact that once you use a tweaker, the ingame sliders for per-car ffb stop working. The ffb tweakers are indeed xml files that you drop somewhere in the game folder, and then the game picks them up and uses them. I'm pretty sure they work on a per-car ffb level - and yeah, they definitely still work with the current version of the game =)
    thx for the clarification dude! and sorry for telling BS before about car setup XML :-)