Thread: Multiplayer DQ Question / Bug?

Hybrid View

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Multiplayer DQ Question / Bug?

Multiplayer 20 laps of Monza GP

After 17 laps with no track limit penalties and a +38s lead built up steadily over time i was told to box, which i did and it took 33s i came out of pits +5s infront of P2 then on lap 19 i was told to box again, nobody else in the race had to box as at no point did i gain a +30s chunk of time over P2 so i raced to the finish with P2 on my bumper. At the end i was DQ'd.

Why?
    Xbox 1, TV, Controller, power socket.

Not a Project Cars 2 Member

Any comment i make is regarding the Xbox1 version unless stated otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by EMW Grogan View Post
    Multiplayer 20 laps of Monza GP

After 17 laps with no track limit penalties and a +38s lead built up steadily over time i was told to box, which i did and it took 33s i came out of pits +5s infront of P2 then on lap 19 i was told to box again, nobody else in the race had to box as at no point did i gain a +30s chunk of time over P2 so i raced to the finish with P2 on my bumper. At the end i was DQ'd.

Why?
    Out of interest, what was your fuel situation on:

1 - Initial call into the pits lap 17
    2 - Pit Exit
    3 - Next Pit call in lap 19
    4 - Chequered flag

I've had pit calls when running low on fuel and if I ignore them get DQD.

To me it sounds like you were low on fuel by lap 17 so were asked to pit. Maybe your pit stop strategy didn't include any fuel being added so when released back to the track you were called in again on lap 19. You may well have been able to run to the end of the race with the fuel you have but the game recognises you are low and calls you in.

This may well be a bug, (already reported I'm sure) as I and others I've raced with have encountered no fuel being added even when fuel is selected in the pre set options.
    The following user likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by CQR Basher View Post
    Out of interest, what was your fuel situation on:

1 - Initial call into the pits lap 17
    2 - Pit Exit
    3 - Next Pit call in lap 19
    4 - Chequered flag

I've had pit calls when running low on fuel and if I ignore them get DQD.

To me it sounds like you were low on fuel by lap 17 so were asked to pit. Maybe your pit stop strategy didn't include any fuel being added so when released back to the track you were called in again on lap 19. You may well have been able to run to the end of the race with the fuel you have but the game recognises you are low and calls you in.

This may well be a bug, (already reported I'm sure) as I and others I've raced with have encountered no fuel being added even when fuel is selected in the pre set options.
    Your on to something here Basher, i calculated my fuel very well and finished with 0.7 litres left lol

When i boxed on lap 17 it gave me no fuel and i ignored at lap 19 cant remember the numbers at 17 and 19 but i knew it was low

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    In a 20 or 30 lap race, I usually run about 5 litres more than I'm gonna need for the entire race. Tire wear set on realistic seems hold out fairly well so I figure I can do the entire race without pitting. The few times I've ran less fuel and ended up pitting, it seems the AI wont go in and I go from 2nd or 3rd to dead last. I imagine this will get fixed at some point it time so I'll just run with it till it happens.

Charles
    Box, controller, chair, tv, coffee cup, vape...

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've heard, from Chips N' Queso, that you have to finish the Race with enough fuel to do the Cool down Lap. If you don't you will be DQ'ed
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts
    The following user likes this Post: OpticalHercules

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynomight Motorsports View Post
    I've heard, from Chips N' Queso, that you have to finish the Race with enough fuel to do the Cool down Lap. If you don't you will be DQ'ed
    That could explain it, but is that a motorsport rule? I dont know.

Hopefully its not because i refused a non mandatory pit stop, then its a bug.

Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by EMW Grogan View Post
    That could explain it, but is that a motorsport rule? I dont know.

Hopefully its not because i refused a non mandatory pit stop, then its a bug.
    Yes it is a rule in many race series. You need to have enough fuel to finish the race, get back to the pits, and have the fuel tested.

If you set too little fuel to finish the 20 laps, around lap 17 sounds right for them to call you in for more fuel. If you then only put in enough fuel to hit the finish line on lap 20 but didn't have enough fuel for the AI to take you around the track again and into the pits, you will be DQ'd.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Good answer seems the issue is solved, thanks guys.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    You would think this was the case, but it's not always consistent. Did 2 races last night, First race P1 ran out of fuel on the cool down lap but was credited with the win, race 2, P2 ran out of fuel on cool down lap and was DQed.

First race was 5 laps, second was 10 laps, GT3 at Road America. Both races everyone started with 15l, could only top up to 15l (race rules), meaning all had to do 1 pit stop on the first race and at least 2 for the second.
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 32gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift S

That was in your career I would imagine and we all know currently that has more bugs than "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here"

Interesting though, you may want to post your findings in the XB1 Bug thread