Thread: Exposure Compensation

Platform
    PS4

Exposure Compensation

Apologies as I am sure people have asked this before but couldn't find anything specific, I have finally got my TV calibrated correctly and was wondering if you are using default FOV on cockpit cam, what Exposure Compensation setting gives the most realistic lighting?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I have it at 1.0 I think. Looks ok to me.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Photonmonkey View Post
    Apologies as I am sure people have asked this before but couldn't find anything specific, I have finally got my TV calibrated correctly and was wondering if you are using default FOV on cockpit cam, what Exposure Compensation setting gives the most realistic lighting?
    Its going to be based on your display mate. For racing games I normally set it right before the point where cloud details start to blow out. On my calibrated display that is the default setting. With the helmet cam and helmet on, there is some kind of weird filter that blows out highlights without affecting dark areas. So trying to compensate down ends up with a pretty murky picture. I've tried to live with this but in the end chose helmet off because the beauty of the game was being masked.

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the responses, I have settled on 0.9 for now as gives a nice feel to overcast races and the grass on the tracks looks more realistic, if I go higher it starts to look a bit too fake. I just adjust my backlight now to compensate. just might be a little tad too dark in full sun now, cannot seem to get it spot on but this will do for now. Doesn't help the fact that the cockpit view from different cars seems to affect the overall brightness as well. (I know this has already been covered in previous threads)