Page 145 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1491

Thread: pCars Dash - Second screen telemetry app

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks. This is awesome. The thread has helped me a lot.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks. I spoke to him and he will take his class early.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi. I'm playing pCARS on my PS4 and run CrewChief on a Sony Android phone and pCARS Dash on an iPad.
    Until 02/08/2017 everything worked well but, after installing the latest PS4 update to v4.73, both CrewChief and pDash are running some 40 seconds behind the game on screen.
    Because both apps are affected, I can only conclude it's a function of the PS4 update. Anybody experiencing similar problems pls?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi there NoMates, I too am having the same issue with pCars Dash being 40 second delay via the PS4 to my iPad and iphone6. it was fine a month ago and only started to play the sim again a few days ago and the data sent to my phone is really lagging, I too updated to the latest PS4 firmware, but not sure if its PS4 software related? I'm on a infinity1, router - BT home Hub 6, I did notice these ports are open which I did not notice in the past: port 9305-9305 and 9308-9308, are you on Bt Broadband too?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sheuho View Post
    Hi there NoMates, I too am having the same issue with pCars Dash being 40 second delay via the PS4 to my iPad and iphone6. it was fine a month ago and only started to play the sim again a few days ago and the data sent to my phone is really lagging, I too updated to the latest PS4 firmware, but not sure if its PS4 software related? I'm on a infinity1, router - BT home Hub 6, I did notice these ports are open which I did not notice in the past: port 9305-9305 and 9308-9308, are you on Bt Broadband too?
    It does indeed sound like it could be an issue with the latest PS4 update, however the BT hubs are also known to be problematic with the telemetry. There is a post here from another BT Hub user who managed to fix their lag issue by getting the ISP to change some settings (see this post). If it was working before, then it is probably the PS4 update, but in case its not i thought i would link the info re BT Hub.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    G'day, after a PC crash from dual screen alt tabing with pCars I have an error from pCars Dash app. Each time I attempt to start this app it crashes with a black screen and will not load stating the below error.
    I'm pretty good with errors normally and coding but this has got me and I cannot find a fix for it.
    Anyone else had a similar issue?
    Cheers

CORONA RUNTIME ERROR
    T:\Source\pocketplayground\DashApps\pCarsDash\ConfigManager.lua:25: attempt to index upvalue 'config' (a nil value) stack traceback:

T:\Source\pocketplaygroun\DashApps\pCarsDash\ConfigManager.lua:25: in fuction 'load'

T:\Source\pocketplaygroun\DashApps\pCarsDash\main.lua:38: in main chunk

EDIT FOR FIX: Emailed developer, deleted C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Pocket Playground. Somehow the files were corrupted. Works well now.
    Last edited by DrJebus; 10-09-2017 at 16:47. Reason: Found a fix

Platform
    PC
    Hi All,

I've been getting questions quite often regarding support for Project Cars 2, so i figured i will post here for everyone.

I will be doing a new app for Project Cars 2 (it will be added to my RS Dash app as another interface), however SMS's new telemetry interface for PCARS2 is not yet finished. SMS have informed us that the new telemetry interface will be finished some time after the game's release (i would expect that to be a few months away at the earliest as i doubt they will have time to look at it until they have sorted out the early post release issues that crop up).

Having said that, PCARS2 will have an option to output telemetry in the same format as PCARS1 which means that you will be able to use pCars Dash with PCARS2, but this will obviously only have the same features that existed for PCARS1, any new features that come with the new telemetry api will be part of the RS Dash update which will needs the new api to be completed first.

Cheers
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Boskapongen, chris99, Fanapryde, Roger Prynne, SGETI, Siberian Tiger

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I should probably post in the pcars 2 forum, but just a heads up that the track maps don't load with the new game.
    The other screens seem to work but i haven't tested it properly.
    G27 wheel; FFB Raw, Vol 30, Tone 60, FX 15; Spring 0.06; Playseat Challenge; RS-Dash
    AMD 8320E; Asus M5A97; MSI Radeon R9 380 4Gb; Win 10 Pro x64; 8Gb Kingston Ram
    Launch options: -windowed -borderless (to counter the black screen Alt-Tab bug after the Win10 Fall update)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by chris99 View Post
    I should probably post in the pcars 2 forum, but just a heads up that the track maps don't load with the new game.
    Thanks Chris, i will look into it.
    The following user likes this Post: chris99

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by chris99 View Post
    Ok so the map issue is being caused by track lengths having changed between Project Cars 1 and Project Cars 2. Due to localization issues with the track names in PCARS1, most of us 3rd party app developers had to switch to using the track length to determine which track it was, as this was the only constant thing we could rely on regardless of what language the game was in. In Project Cars 2, the tracks have all changed very slightly, but enough to affect the length being reported for each by a few centimetres which means they are no longer being detected correctly. I am hoping to be able to make changes to resolve this as best as possible for pCars Dash.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chris99, Fanapryde