Page 1 of 145 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: pCars Dash - Second screen telemetry app

Platform
    PC

pCars Dash - Second screen telemetry app

pCars Dash is a telemetry dashboard for Project Cars available for iOS, Android and Windows phone.

pCars Dash features real-time vehicle telemetry display of crucial vehicle data, fuel/tire usage, map, telemetry graphing of rpm, speed, gear, throttle and brake position per lap and a lap chart system including sector by sector breakdown and many more features.

This app works with both the Windows PC and Console (PS4/XBox1) versions of Project Cars.

Details can be found on the Pocket Playground website.

If you are experiencing any problems with the app or are looking for setup instructions, please refer to the Pocket Playground support page which has a setup guide and numerous tips for resolving common issues. A selection of common troubleshooting tips are below, see the support page for the complete list.

Common pCars Dash Troubleshooting Tips
    - To all Android users, please ensure that you are running pCars Dash v1.8 or higher. If you are on an earlier version then you may experience telemetry issues. You will need to also upgrade your pCars Transmitter if you also upgrade your pCars Dash version.

- Do NOT have Jumbo Frames / Jumbo Packets enabled on your PC's network adapter as this may cause a loss of telemetry in Multiplayer sessions or single player sessions with a reasonable number of opponents. The symptoms for this would be that the app works flawlessly when playing single player with no AI, but you lose telemetry when playing single or multiplayer sessions with a reasonable number of opponents. If you are unsure whether or not Jumbo Frames have been enabled, an article such as this explains how to enable it so can therefore also be used as a basis for how to check and disable it if required. The reason why jumbo frames usually does not work is that the hardware between your PC and the tablet/phone device you are using does not support it. For example a number of Wifi routers / access points do not support this feature and will therefore cut off the transmission once Jumbo Frames are sent from the PC (which occurs once you have a certain number of human or AI opponents in game as the amount of telemetry data that needs to be transmitted increases).

- (PC via SHARED MEMORY) A number of Android devices have experienced issues with the telemetry data stopping during use, or starting and stopping intermittently. If you are experiencing this problem, please turn OFF the "Use Broadcast Mode" flag in the pCars Transmitter. You must then make sure that the IP address you have entered in the IP Address field in the pCars Transmitter matches the IP address shown when you first start the pCars Dash app.

- (Direct Mode UDP for PC/Consoles) A number of Android devices do not support the UDP broadcast method used by the new Project CARS UDP telemetry api. As such I will attempt to compile a list of devices that are known to work or not work based on community feedback. So if you have an Android or WP8 device that is not on the list that works or does not work with the new Direct Mode UDP option in pCars Dash 2.1+, please let me know.

NEW: pCars Dash v2.3 has a new setting called "Compatibility Mode" which can make some devices listed below work that wouldn't previously work, it can also help eliminate lag if you are seeing delays in your telemetry feed.

IMPORTANT: This list relates to Direct Mode (UDP) ONLY, all devices will work fine with Shared Memory mode via the pCars Transmitter, but the Shared Memory option is only available in the PC version of Project CARS.

iOS - Working
    iPad 3
    iPhone 5
    All other iOS devices are also expected to work fine with this interface

ANDROID - Does not work
    Asus ZenPad c7.0
    Asus ZenPad 10
    DL3411 (unsure of manufacturer name)
    HTC - some other HTC devices (maybe just older ones) are expected to be problematic based on internet searches
    LG E610 <- have had a report of this device not working with UDP broadcast
    MotoG <- the only way these devices work is by running a second telemetry app in the background, such as Crew Chief, with pCars Dash in the foreground
    MotoX <- the only way these devices work is by running a second telemetry app in the background, such as Crew Chief, with pCars Dash in the foreground
    HTC - some other HTC devices (maybe just older ones) are expected to be problematic based on internet searches
    Samsung Tab A 580 (2016) - have had reports these latest generation samsung tablets dont work properly with the UDP stream

ANDROID - Working
    Archos 80 G9 w/CyanogenMod
    Cube U30GT2
    HTC Desire 510
    HTC One M7
    HTC One M8
    HTC One X <- have had reports this can be made to work by updating it (Android 4.4.2, HTC Sense 5, latest firmware)
    Hudl 2
    Huawei
    Laser MID-1073 (requires pCars Dash v2.3 with compatibility mode enabled)
    Lenovo A7-20
    LG G2
    Nexus 7
    Prestigio Multipad 8.0 HD
    Samsung Galaxy Alpha
    Samsung Galaxy A3 & A5
    Samsung Galaxy A7 A700
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Samsung Galaxy S6, Edge & Edge+
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 & 8.4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 2 8.0 & 9.7
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A 550
    Sony T3
    Sony Xperia 5
    Sony Xperia Z
    Sony Xperia Z3
    Tivax 725 7" MiTraveler

WINDOWS PHONE 8 - Does not work
    Nokia Lumia 520 <-- not sure about this, at one point it wouldnt work, but now is working perfectly..

WINDOWS PHONE 8 - Working
    Nokia Lumia 520 <-- not sure about this, at one point it wouldnt work, but now is working perfectly..
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Nokia Lumia 920* (untested but will apparently work with the latest firmware)

Wireless Routers that DONT work with UDP
    BT Hub 4 (Update: can apparently be fixed by following this post.)

Hints for routers not working properly with UDP
    from mr_belowski - Look for a "udp packet flood protection" or similar setting and turn it off. Some routers will drop UDP broadcast packets when too many are detected, thinking it's some kind of attack

from nickster68 - With regards UDP streaming from consoles to devices i was having a few latency issues using my home wireless network as my router is downstairs and my rig is upstairs and i know a few people have been having similar issues so i tried the following with great results.
    I use a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with PCars dash and Crew Chief running in the background, an IPad with PCars dash and another Android tablet running Pcars dash also.
    Now...... I use my Samsung phone as a mobile hotspot (4G Data also so works fine for multiplayer) and wirelesly tether my Xbox and two tablets to it and because all devices are now in close proximity to each other.... hey presto NO LATENCY AND NO LAG whatsoever!
    I have the UDP setting in game set at 5 and everything runs silky smooth.
    Last edited by cjorgens79; 06-06-2017 at 09:59.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    PC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_iPad_1024x768_20160129_204718.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	226471

Name:	screenshot_iPad_1024x768_20160129_204939.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	226473

Name:	screenshot_iPad_1024x768_20160129_204742.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	230.3 KB 
ID:	226472

Name:	screenshot_iPad_1024x768_20160129_205053.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	226475

Name:	screenshot_iPad_1024x768_20160129_205009.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	226474

Name:	graph.jpg 
Views:	4438 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	209968
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails timing.jpg  

map.jpg  

vehicle.jpg  

racepage.jpg  

litehud.jpg  

Last edited by cjorgens79; 31-01-2016 at 04:58.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    XBOX1
    Great App!
    OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro System: Digital Storm Bolt II Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) CPU Overclocked to 4.4GHz ■ ASUS Motherboard Z97I Plus (Intel Z97 Chipset) BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends 0319, 4/23/2014 RAM 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ■ PSU 500W Corsair SP 120 Fans with 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooling
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio Integrated Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 base XBone Universal Hub w/ Clubsport Pedals (drvr 2.26)

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah got it myself, very impressed with it!
    i7 2600K | SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 290 | GA-Z68XP-UD3 | RAM: 8GB @1333mhz | W10 x64 | T300 | 27" 1080 |

Platform
    PC
    I downloaded it today and have been enjoying the app. However, I can't seem to return the Vehicle Status Page to Landscape. It seems to be "stuck" in Portrait. How do I get it to return to the original Landscape?

Also, have you given any thought to porting the app to Windows? I think it would be great running in a PC environment.
    Last edited by MuddyPaws73; 18-07-2015 at 03:28.
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K--Graphic Card: GTX 1080 Ti-- RAM: 16GB DDR3 -- Motherboard: Asus Z97-A -- Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB + 250GB + Seagate 2TB -- PSU: XFX 650W TS SERIES Wheel: Thrustmaster TX -- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64 -- HTC Vive

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyPaws73 View Post
    I downloaded it today and have been enjoying the app. However, I can't seem to return the Vehicle Status Page to Landscape. It seems to be "stuck" in Portrait. How do I get it to return to the original Landscape?

Also, have you given any thought to porting the app to Windows? I think it would be great running in a PC environment.
    There is an icon next to the options (cog) icon which will flip it between landscape/portrait. There is a windows phone compatible version already and will hopefully be a full windows (universal, ie desktop/tablet/phone) version available in the future.

Platform
    PC
    Great app, works really well.
    CPU: i7 4790@3.6GHz Quad Core 1150 BOARD: Gigabyte Ga-Z97X Gaming GT GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780Ti 3Gb Driver 340.52 RAM: 32Gb DDR3 2133 G.skill RipJaws OS: Win 7 64bit Pro
    PSU: GX Bronze 750W DISPLAY: 3x Samsung SA300 24" 5970 x 1080 x60hertz

Wheel: Fanatec Clubsport CSW V1 Pedals: Fanatec CSR Elite DSD Black Max Button Controller

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I really like this app but could we please get a laps/time remaining on the 'big' display. So for example, show 3/4 when in a fixed lap race, or for example 01:50 if in a timed race/qualifying.

I'd also like to see the driver aid icons on this same screen to see when I switch abs etc. Not sure if the api makes this available though. Tyre temps/wear colours would also be welcome here.

It looks like a bug but the position value doesn't seem to work on several of the screens when in qualifying in the iPad version.
    Last edited by SeeNoWeevil; 02-08-2015 at 16:10.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeNoWeevil View Post
    I really like this app but could we please get a laps/time remaining on the 'big' display. So for example, show 3/4 when in a fixed lap race, or for example 01:50 if in a timed race/qualifying.

I'd also like to see the driver aid icons on this same screen to see when I switch abs etc. Not sure if the api makes this available though. Tyre temps/wear colours would also be welcome here.

It looks like a bug but the position value doesn't seem to work on several of the screens when in qualifying in the iPad version.
    Thanks for the feedback, ill look into your suggestions. The api currently only outputs when the ABS is engaged/disengaged, it doesn't output whether or not abs is actually available on the vehicle. None of the other aids are in the api currently.

Platform
    PC
    Notice to anyone having issues with the app, I have updated some of the troubleshooting tips on the the pCars Dash support page based on recent feedback.

In particular with regards to Jumbo Frames, which if enabled on the PC's network adapter can result in the telemetry feed stopping in multiplayer sessions or single player sessions with a certain number of AI. See the first post in this thread for more information on this issue and a link to the proper Pocket Playground support page.