Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: pCars Dash - Second screen telemetry app

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Any way to display what traction control and abs you are running on with this app or brake bias? great app btw

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dizaster096 View Post
    Any way to display what traction control and abs you are running on with this app or brake bias? great app btw
    Hi, glad to hear you like it. It is not currently possible as the api does not output that info. The abs is there, and is visible on the vehicle page (on the left panel at the bottom) and will flash when the abs kicks in. The api does not however indicate whether or not abs is actually available or not on the vehicle, it just indicates when its actually used (under hard braking it will flash on).
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    PC
    pCars Dash v2.0 will be available in the next couple of hours on Android and in another week or so on iOS.

One of the major changes was to the telemetry feed which was completely restructured to make the data being transmitted more efficient. The new structure allows a full grid of 55 cars to fit in less than 1500 bytes (the point at which packets need to be splut up for transmission by the network). This will mean that the small number of people who were having issues once the grid sizes got over a certain size due to having older wifi / router / switch / network hardware between their PC and tablet/phone should no longer have any issues.

Also the other main change was related to handling changing session (eg prac -> qual) and relating to the pits (entering and leaving the pits) which was messing up the fuel calculations and some of the timing / telemetry data on the screens.

Changes include

- Optimized wifi telemetry feed
    - Added session time remaining to telemetry where applicable
    - Improved fuel stats accuracy and update rate
    - Fixed fuel stats issues after pitting / returning to pits
    - Fixed fuel stats, graph page, timing page and race page issues when changing sessions (eg prac->qual)
    - LiteHUD now shows total laps / session time (where applicable)
    - Vehicle page now shows session time (where applicable)

Note: pCars Dash v2.0 requires pCars Transmitter 2.00 (see Pocket Playground website)
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    PC
    pCars Dash 2.0 for iOS is now available on the app store Don't forget to also update your transmitters.

Platform
    PC
    Is there already a windows version available? Ive seen it on your Website but I cant purchase it
    Id like to use it on my Surface Pro (Win8.1).
    Intel i7 6700K ▪ Maximus VIII Extreme ▪ 16GB HyperX DDR4 2666 ▪ GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB ▪ SSD 500 GB Revodrive X3 ▪ 2 x 640 GB WD VelociRaptor @10k ▪ 6TB NAS ▪ WIN7Pro 64 ▪ 3x24" ASUS or DK2 ▪ Fanatec CSW B EU ▪ Formula Carbon & BMW M3 GT2 ▪ Clubsport Pedals V2 EU ▪ Wheelstand ▪ TrackIR5 ▪ SoundBlaster X-Fi Surround Pro ▪ DIY Bodyshaker & Simvibe

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BioForce View Post
    Is there already a windows version available? Ive seen it on your Website but I cant purchase it
    Id like to use it on my Surface Pro (Win8.1).
    On the windows side of things, currently it is only available on Windows Phone. I do have a win32 version, but no way to sell/license it at the moment. Apparently (i still need to look into it) there is a way to package up win32 apps as windows store apps and sell them through that, so i will be looking to do this when i get a chance.
    The following user likes this Post: BioForce

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cjorgens79 View Post
    On the windows side of things, currently it is only available on Windows Phone. I do have a win32 version, but no way to sell/license it at the moment. Apparently (i still need to look into it) there is a way to package up win32 apps as windows store apps and sell them through that, so i will be looking to do this when i get a chance.
    I've purchased the app - is there a way I can get that win32 (64 when/if available) version? I have it on my tablet but recently got a touchscreen laptop and would LOVE to be able to use it on there, as well. If you'd like I can pay again the few bucks via pay pal for access to it.
    Media Rig: i5 750 2.67Ghz OC @ 3.2Ghz|560Ti|8GB DDR3|LG 27MP33HQ|K520|Performance MX|Antec Nine Hundred|Z-5|HP M251nw|
    Game Rig: i7 4770S 3.2Ghz OC @ 3.9Ghz|GTX 760|16GB DDR3|Acer S271HL|G27|G710+|G700s|Xbox 360 for Windows Controller|M51 Case|Klipsh Pro Media 2.1|

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NYdubber View Post
    I've purchased the app - is there a way I can get that win32 (64 when/if available) version? I have it on my tablet but recently got a touchscreen laptop and would LOVE to be able to use it on there, as well. If you'd like I can pay again the few bucks via pay pal for access to it.
    Not currently. I have signed up for Microsoft's "Project Centennial", so once i get access i can build the app into a windows store universal app to make it available to all
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BioForce, TheRock64

Platform
    PC
    Brilliant app, mate! I've been using it a couple of months now and I really like all the screens. I've got one remark/suggestion though: could you make the dots on the map screen bigger and assign brighter or more noticeable colours to it? I would like to use it in our endurance multi-class league to inform people who are being lapped to leave some space when I approach.

With the current size/colours it is not very clear to see the colours and names that come with the dots.

Cheers,
    hagar147
    Operating System - PC / Alienware / Windows 8.1 64-bit
    CPU - Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz
    RAM - 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
    Graphics - 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM (NVIDIA) - Philips FTV (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Steering Wheel - Logitech DFGT
    The following user likes this Post: BioForce

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hagar147 View Post
    Brilliant app, mate! I've been using it a couple of months now and I really like all the screens. I've got one remark/suggestion though: could you make the dots on the map screen bigger and assign brighter or more noticeable colours to it? I would like to use it in our endurance multi-class league to inform people who are being lapped to leave some space when I approach.

With the current size/colours it is not very clear to see the colours and names that come with the dots.

Cheers,
    hagar147
    Thanks for the feedback, ill make a note of it and see what I can do in a future build.