Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: pCars Dash - Second screen telemetry app

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cjorgens79 View Post
    Great work for this Dash app.

Will it be possible to provide a Motec style display?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motec1211247082.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	219735
    The following user likes this Post: DickMoby 935

Platform
    PC
    It certainly possible, time permitting. Probably the biggest time sink would be making the graphics side of it. It is something i've been wanting to do at some point, also I want to allow customizable dashes but that's quite a big job.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

WMD Member
    Hi, i just bought this app on a windows phone (lumia 635)
    but the display is too small, it would be a good thing to have another screen with less information (the ones we don't have clearly on the game screen), and bigger text.
    I think about , wheater temp, engine and oil temp, tire temp and status (it's in the game, but easier to have it on this app) , fuel, car status.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Any change you could add a button box feature to this app?

That way we could use our iPads as an actual button box. I would love to run this app on 2 iPads, one as a telemetry speedo etc and one as a button box.

I suspect the server side would need to be changed but it would be sweet indeed to have the ability to turn my iOS device into a button box.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyDischarge View Post
    Any change you could add a button box feature to this app?

That way we could use our iPads as an actual button box. I would love to run this app on 2 iPads, one as a telemetry speedo etc and one as a button box.

I suspect the server side would need to be changed but it would be sweet indeed to have the ability to turn my iOS device into a button box.
    I had actually been thinking about something similar recently, being able to control the lights, ignition, wipers etc from the app. The same principal could be used to control anything really. What particular functions would you want to use it for?
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash
    The following user likes this Post: DickMoby 935

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I had actually been thinking about something similar recently, being able to control the lights, ignition, wipers etc from the app. The same principal could be used to control anything really. What particular functions would you want to use it for?
    For me,
    I'd love to be able to control (as you say) lights, wipers etc plus ...
    ABS, TC, AC,
    Seat Position,
    Ignition, Engine Start,
    FOV, Change Camera, UI, HUD, OSD
    Brake Bias, Pit Request / Cancelation
    Pause / up / down / left / right (DPad) OK etc for menu navigation
    Volume Control (In game Or system volume)

There's loads of great options that could be added, but for starters, if I was able to control just the basics (wipers, engine start, lights, pit request) that would be a HUGE plus as it means I can have 1 device running telemetry (gear/mph etc) another being used as an actual button box and another bring used as delta

That... Well that would be an absolute insane application that can replace ALL button boxes and telemetry applications in 1 go! For me, it would change my rig for the better! I could move from big chunky button boxes (wired) into a sleek modern age touch screen setup! I would genuinely buy that as an inn app purchase for another 3.99 without hesitation or thought if it existed or could be developed as it would be a real game changer for me personally.

Being able to remove 2 big (not so sexy) wired button boxes and replace them with iPad minis connected via wifi! :-0

I have the devices, but they are sat here with nothing to do, less wires, less clutter, better looking and multi functional as the iOS devices can be used for other things at the same such as music, surfing etc too.

If it can be done, I can see many people forgoing the buying of a button box, and buying your app instead, as they already have tablets, why not use them as button boxes via your app
    Last edited by CreamyDischarge; 22-11-2015 at 03:40.
    The following user likes this Post: eracerhead

Platform
    PC
    I'm using tbe app on a tablet, positioned op top of my middle screen (triple setup).
    Works great most of the time (I have some hickups on a irregular base, as the app freezes - will post a screenshop later), but would it be possible to add:

- position timing fot the car in front and the car behind ? I am really missing that, especially while endurance racing.
    - type of tyres ?

Why do previous laptimes disappear when you pit ?

Other than this: love the app
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / DSD button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyDischarge View Post
    For me,
    I'd love to be able to control (as you say) lights, wipers etc plus ...
    ABS, TC, AC,
    Seat Position,
    Ignition, Engine Start,
    FOV, Change Camera, UI, HUD, OSD
    Brake Bias, Pit Request / Cancelation
    Pause / up / down / left / right (DPad) OK etc for menu navigation
    Volume Control (In game Or system volume)

There's loads of great options that could be added, but for starters, if I was able to control just the basics (wipers, engine start, lights, pit request) that would be a HUGE plus as it means I can have 1 device running telemetry (gear/mph etc) another being used as an actual button box and another bring used as delta

That... Well that would be an absolute insane application that can replace ALL button boxes and telemetry applications in 1 go! For me, it would change my rig for the better! I could move from big chunky button boxes (wired) into a sleek modern age touch screen setup! I would genuinely buy that as an inn app purchase for another 3.99 without hesitation or thought if it existed or could be developed as it would be a real game changer for me personally.

Being able to remove 2 big (not so sexy) wired button boxes and replace them with iPad minis connected via wifi! :-0

I have the devices, but they are sat here with nothing to do, less wires, less clutter, better looking and multi functional as the iOS devices can be used for other things at the same such as music, surfing etc too.

If it can be done, I can see many people forgoing the buying of a button box, and buying your app instead, as they already have tablets, why not use them as button boxes via your app
    Ill see what i can do with this when i get some time. Got a heap of other stuff to finish off first for the new udp stream then I can start looking at other things like virtual button boxes.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ashasha, eracerhead

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    I'm using tbe app on a tablet, positioned op top of my middle screen (triple setup).
    Works great most of the time (I have some hickups on a irregular base, as the app freezes - will post a screenshop later), but would it be possible to add:

- position timing fot the car in front and the car behind ? I am really missing that, especially while endurance racing.
    - type of tyres ?

Why do previous laptimes disappear when you pit ?

Other than this: love the app
    What model tablet are you using? Do you get any messages or does it just stop working for you? Also which version are you using. You can send any screenshots re the issue to support@pocketplayground.net so they can be investigated.

Unfortunately the api that Project Cars provides for us to use does not include time delta information for players ahead or behind. The new UDP stream interface also does not have this, but it does have some timing information for other players. It may be possible to calculate the delta ahead/behind based on sector boundaries, so while its not possible to display a real time delta, a calculated delta 3 times a lap may be possible (would only be accurate to within a tenth or two at best though).

Same for tyres, this information is not provided to us by the API. We did ask for it but apparently it wasn't something they could provide as the data was buried too deep in other threads for the api to get access to. If they ever do add it though, it will be added into the app.

Platform
    PC
    What model tablet are you using? Do you get any messages or does it just stop working for you? Also which version are you using. You can send any screenshots re the issue to support@pocketplayground.net so they can be investigated.
    Thanks for the info and the effort.
    I have a ARCHOS 101d Neon / 8 Gb / Android 4.4 KitKat for this app.

From time to time (not to say what triggers it) the app stops working, showing a Runtime Error.
    E.g.
    RUNTIME ERROR
    ?:0: attempt to index field '?' (A nill value). Or
    ?:0: attempt to call method 'removeSelf' (a nil value)

I will send the screenshots to the support site.

I then have to go back, close and re-open the app. Then it works again, but lost all lap info up to that point.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / DSD button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash