Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stocky Formula A Nightly Runs (6:00pm est - 1:00am est)

Platform
    PC

Stocky Formula A Nightly Runs (6:00pm est - 1:00am est)

http://www.pakcafan.org/forums/index...-project-cars/
    edited: added website address 8/24/15

Hey guys!

I thought this was a good place to catch up with many of you.

I was thinking, there's a lot more I'd like to do, than just the same old pick up games at night. Maybe we can get 5-10 or more, all the same skill level drivers together. Include longer races with pit stops, random weather, damage on, etc. Maybe not all at once, but in time. I'd also like to get to some of those tracks we don't do often, or haven't done yet at all. Eventually & hopefully, a full season at every track and keeping standings.

Any way, for damage on & pit stop races, you want to be able to have solid respectful drivers, and since there is no ranking system or main chat room, it's hard to set up those types of races. And I know there are plenty of good drivers around in the evenings, I already have several on my Steam friends list.

I have access to a TeamSpeak 3 account, but I forgot Steam also has a voice chat built in. TeamSpeak is great for splitting off into different channels for different races, you don't need an invite and can come and go as you please. It truly is the best way to go, but I don't mind trying out the Steam version first, and figuring out how we can make that work. If not, then TeamSpeak it is.

Let me know what you guys think.

Stocky
    Last edited by Stocky; 24-08-2015 at 16:50.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Stocky
    I'd be interested. I've been looking for a league ever since PCARS went public, but having a hard time finding one that fits my schedule. I assume you're from the US east coast (noting your time zone). Are you strictly running Formula A? Anyway, my steam name is t_stang (note the underscore) and I'll be watching this thread with interest. Let me know if there's anything I can help with. Thanks
    System Specs: Intel i7 9700K CPU at 3.6 Ghz w/Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler, MSI MEG Z390 ACE MB, MSI RTX 2080 (1), Drvr ver. 419.35, G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3000, Samsung 512 GB 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung Evo 1 TB SATA SSD (Programs), 2 TB WD Black SATA Hard Drive (Storage), EVGA SuperNova G2 850W PSU, LG 34UM68-P 34" Monitor (2560 x 1080), Thrustmaster T300 Servo Base w/Ferrari GTE Wheel, Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro Add-on Pedals, DSD Seq. Shifter, Fanatec Hand brake, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hey Stocky! Count me in!

Platform
    PC
    Yes t-stang, Eastern Daylight Time (really Eastern Savings Time), during prime time, tho not sure where everyone else is from.

I already counted you in OBigO, lol.

I'm thinking TeamSpeak may not be a bad idea. Besides not having to get invited (Steams way which isn't a big deal), TS3 has an overlay that you can put anywhere on your HUD, and see who's talking.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I'm also from EST, there aren't many league options for PCARS in this time zone, at this time. I have no problem with TS3, not sure if Steam's chat is working correctly in PCARS. Let me know the details when you get a chance.
    System Specs: Intel i7 9700K CPU at 3.6 Ghz w/Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler, MSI MEG Z390 ACE MB, MSI RTX 2080 (1), Drvr ver. 419.35, G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3000, Samsung 512 GB 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung Evo 1 TB SATA SSD (Programs), 2 TB WD Black SATA Hard Drive (Storage), EVGA SuperNova G2 850W PSU, LG 34UM68-P 34" Monitor (2560 x 1080), Thrustmaster T300 Servo Base w/Ferrari GTE Wheel, Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro Add-on Pedals, DSD Seq. Shifter, Fanatec Hand brake, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Platform
    PC
    Wow, I thought there would be a few leagues by now.

Look for us. I usually start the lobby under "Stocky Formula A".

I know I'll be on tonight, I'm addicted.

I can't wait to do some damage off races, and some long races with pit stops. And maybe a little rain or fog.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Well Stocky, qualifying went ok. I was 3.5 seconds behind the leader, when I remembered DRS, then qualifying was over. I don't race the formulas much. It was all for nothing anyway, cause someone jumped the start of the race, pushed me into the car in front of me and I get a drive through penalty. Night over. I've only had a couple of good races since this game went public. It only takes one, to ruin a race and there always seems to be one. Maybe password protected lobbies, let me know. Thanks again for your efforts.

Platform
    PC
    Yeh, that's the way it goes online. Password protected is what I hope to get to eventually.

Good luck!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Count me in as well! CST

Platform
    PC
    Hey guys

We have several good, clean, fast drivers that usually get together during prime time eastern standard time most nights.
    You've probably joined us once or twice if you race Formula A. The race is usually named "Stocky", and we switch tracks every race.
    Many of us use TeamSpeak 3, including Rip|ChiefJedi, Blind Jesus, CredenceOWreathe, OBigO, gunnyUKSarge, and myself.
    If you are a clean driver, have raced with us before, are close to our skill level, and for team speak purposes able to speak English, please message me in game.
    We have about 6 or so drivers so far, and would like to get a handful or so more, and start doing seasons. Or at least doing password protected games.

Stocky