Thread: resolved clarification was needed!

Platform
    PS4

Question resolved clarification was needed!

Should the drs not be labelled as kers?

Kers = Kinetic energy recovery system

Drs = Drag reduction system

Kers is an automotive system for recovering a moving vehicle's kinetic energy under braking. The recovered energy is stored in a reservoir (for example a flywheel or high voltage batteries) for later use under acceleration.

Or do I have it wrong and in fact drs needs charging?
    Last edited by -Brick_Top-; 30-06-2015 at 12:19. Reason: confirmed id10t error
    PS4, UE65HU8500, Rseat rs1, Fanatec CSW V2, Fanatec CSP V3, Fanatec CSS V1.5 sq, BMW GT3 wheel rim, F1 wheel rim & butt kicker V2.

Platform
    PC
    Sorry but I don't see your problem. What specific car are you referring to? PCARS has both systems implemented actually.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    huh?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Sorry but I don't see your problem. What specific car are you referring to? PCARS has both systems implemented actually.
    Noticed it whilst driving formula a. As I understand it drs envolves moving parts on car to allow drag reduction ie rear wing opening. I can't see any parts moving whilst using it. What cars have kers? Or are you saying the one button does both at once?

Edit*

Not saying it's a problem just asking a question if that's allowed?
    PS4, UE65HU8500, Rseat rs1, Fanatec CSW V2, Fanatec CSP V3, Fanatec CSS V1.5 sq, BMW GT3 wheel rim, F1 wheel rim & butt kicker V2.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by -Brick_Top- View Post
    Noticed it whilst driving formula a. As I understand it drs envolves moving parts on car to allow drag reduction ie rear wing opening. I can't see any parts moving whilst using it. What cars have kers? Or are you saying the one button does both at once?
    Formula A has both DRS and KERS. They should be mapped to SEPARATE buttons - although it's of course entirely possible to drive without them but you do so at a great disadvantage.

KERS is the boost to the BHP output of the engine - normally delivered via the continuous pressing of an allocated button on the steering wheel. This recharges as you go around the circuit harvesting off of brake energy recovery as well as some straight line recovery (depending on setup in real life - this is either done via flywheel or stored to a battery). There is a limit to how much this can be used. In real life it can only be used on certain parts of circuits in F1 - but in PCARS I believe it's applicable at any point as long as you have charge. You are not able to discharge more than 1x full set of charge on any single lap.

DRS is the stalling of the rear wing. When this button is singularly pressed the rear wing angle is reduced to near 0 degrees (stall) and thus reduces drag, giving you a boost in acceleration and straight line top speed. This does not require continuous pressing. The wing will revert back to normal drag either when you next press the brake or if you press the button again.
    Last edited by Marrrfooo; 30-06-2015 at 11:55.
    PlayStation 4 | Thrustmaster T300RS (599xx), T3PA-Pro, TH8A | WheelStandPro Deluxe V2 | Astro A50's
    - All mistakes made under race conditions are my own and do not ever represent the mistakes of professional racing drivers!
    - All rubbish forums posts (and opinions contained therein) are my own.

Platform
    PC
    Those cars have both, KERS and DRS. And you have to activate them with different buttons. The battery symbol is for KERS. The DRS symbol is right next to the KERS symbol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRS1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	210051
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PC

Edit*

Not saying it's a problem just asking a question if that's allowed?
    In the Formula A cars, if you press the DRS button, you see the rearwing open. This means you get less drag and should result in more topspeed at straights. I haven`t done a Formula A race yet (just practice runs). But in a real race there would be 1 or more zones where you`re allowed to open the wing, this is allowed when you`re one second or less behind a car, this way overtaking should be easier.

KERS is a system that recharges when you break. It`s a elecric system that gives you more power. You`re allowed to use this once a lap (if it`s charged). In formula A cars you have a button to release the power. In some other cars, its done automaticly (for instance the Marek LMP1 car).

[edit]changed DRS to KERS[/edit]
    PSN: mcbrew

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrrfooo View Post
    Formula A has both DRS and KERS. They should be mapped to SEPARATE buttons - although it's of course entirely possible to drive without them but you do so at a great disadvantage.

KERS is the boost to the BHP output of the engine - normally delivered via the continuous pressing of an allocated button on the steering wheel. This recharges as you go around the circuit harvesting off of brake energy recovery as well as some straight line recovery (depending on setup in real life - this is either done via flywheel or stored to a battery). There is a limit to how much this can be used. In real life it can only be used on certain parts of circuits in F1 - but in PCARS I believe it's applicable at any point as long as you have charge. You are not able to discharge more than 1x full set of charge on any single lap.

DRS is the stalling of the rear wing. When this button is singularly pressed the rear wing angle is reduced to near 0 degrees (stall) and thus reduces drag, giving you a boost in acceleration and straight line top speed. This does not require continuous pressing. The wing will revert back to normal drag either when you next press the brake or if you press the button again.
    Perfect thanks for the reply I obviously haven't mapped it to a button on the wheel! What a doughnut .

Thank you sir

Edit*

Are there set zones for drs and rules like f1 or set times it can be used per race ?
    Last edited by -Brick_Top-; 30-06-2015 at 11:59.
    The following user likes this Post: Marrrfooo

Platform
    PS4
    Perfect thanks for the reply I obviously haven't mapped it to a button on the wheel! What a doughnut .

Thank you sir

Edit*

Are there set zones for drs and rules like f1 or set times it can be used per race ?
    In real life there are set zones for DRS usage - but PCARS does not represent them as far as I know so you can use it wherever you want. With KERS you can use it whenever you want also but you cannot apply more than 1x full battery discharge on any single lap (i.e. if you use it all down the first straight even though it will charge up as you continue around the circuit, you will not be able to apply it again until you cross the start/finish line to commence a new lap).

I doubt DRS zones will ever be applied to PCARS - possibly in PCARS2 though.

EDIT: To be fair, trying to crack your fastest lap time with ever-increasingly dangerous usage of DRS is seriously fun (and dangerous)!
    Last edited by Marrrfooo; 30-06-2015 at 12:10.
    PlayStation 4 | Thrustmaster T300RS (599xx), T3PA-Pro, TH8A | WheelStandPro Deluxe V2 | Astro A50's
    - All mistakes made under race conditions are my own and do not ever represent the mistakes of professional racing drivers!
    - All rubbish forums posts (and opinions contained therein) are my own.
    The following user likes this Post: mcbrew

Platform
    PC

I`m not sure, as i haven`t done any formula A races yet (working my way up from karting)
    PSN: mcbrew