Thread: G27 shaking like crazy after patch

Banned
    Platform
    PC

G27 shaking like crazy after patch

When the race starts the wheel starts shaking like crazy at full force and won't stop. FFB 100, TF 100, reducing TF doesn't change anything.

Anyone know what the hell is happening?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Deadzone removal range might be the culprit. Try setting it to 0 and see if that helps. I know that if I set the deadzone removal range too high I get uncontrollable shakes.

If the problem persists, try resetting and recalibrating the wheel.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, zeroing Deadzone Removal Range made the strong shaking stop. But Deadzone Removal should be kept at 0.18 for a G27, right? That was the previous value here. And the Tire Force and impact feedback stays too strong even at 40%, it wasn't like this before.

I reset calibration, but haven't seen any difference.

Superkart Pilot
    ya some weird serious issue with ffb. this needs really be taken into consideration.

Platform
    PC
    I can confirm that 0.25 relative adjust clamp and 1.20 relative adjust gain with 0 deadzone and 66% jack spade makes the ffb so so much better on my g27
    Attachment 210179Attachment 210180Attachment 210181Attachment 210182Attachment 210183Attachment 210184
    Quote Originally Posted by tpw View Post
    I started on pCARS with a DFGT and upgraded to a G27 a week ago, and like many people have been searching for the holy grail of reducing the heaviness of the wheel whilst still retaining road feel.

After an enormous amount of thread lurking, guide reading, trial and error and rage quitting, and very little posting, I think I have found the setting which helps most for my setup:

• Reducing Tire Force lightens the wheel but diminishes most of the other FFB.
    • Reducing Relative Adjust Clamp lightens the wheel yet retains most of the other FFB feel.

Lowering Relative Adjust Clamp to 0.20 - 0.30 on a freshly reset/recalibrated and otherwise default FFB setup immediately made a massive improvement across the board. The wheel feels lighter yet more informative and responsive. With HUD telemetry you can see that the FFB trace has significantly more "wiggle" than that produced by lower tire force. More importantly, it comes nowhere near clipping, thus preventing the horrid Logitech rattle! I adjust Relative Adjust Gain to 1.20 which brings the FFB back up, but still within limits.

Adding Jack Spade's 66% SOP lateral tweaks to the mix further improved the liveliness of the FFB for me.

If someone can tell me why I might be throwing the FFB baby out with the bathwater with these settings, I'd be all ears. I greatly appreciate SMS including so many ways to adjust settings, but FFB Wrangling seem to be an arcane art not helped by cryptic/non-existent parameter descriptions and some apparently contradictory opinions on their interactions. Many many thanks to those on this forum who have helped contribute to improving the largely unenjoyable defaults.

PS If someone knows of a way to reduce the "clunk" as the wheel moves past 12 o'clock when up to speed, that would be appreciated too!
    G27
    770SC|2500k@4.0|16GB DDR3@1600|WINDOWS 8.1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: DoctorKajita, Itothans, khaki777