Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing on Keyboard Issues!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Exclamation Playing on Keyboard Issues!

Hey guys.. I've just tried Project Cars, and its impossible to play with keyboard.
    I just can not steer left or right on any higher speed than 20 or 30 km/h, the car just go dead straight.
    Tried to change settings, steering sensitivity, with no luck.

Please help me...thanX

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I've also tried set the speed sensitivity to 0 , but it doesnt worked...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've tried just to test settings without connecting my wheel and it works fine. Are you sure that you have the mapping to the corect keys?
    i5 6600k, GTX1070, 16GB DDR4, T300RS + T3PA

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    yeah i even didn't change the settings...its default settings~

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nanerbreezy View Post
    Hey guys.. I've just tried Project Cars, and its impossible to play with keyboard.
    I just can not steer left or right on any higher speed than 20 or 30 km/h, the car just go dead straight.
    Tried to change settings, steering sensitivity, with no luck.

Please help me...thanX
    I don't want to sound horrible but really what are you doing trying to play the game on a keyboard is there a reason you don't have a controller or why you can't use one?
    I personally use a wheel setup and i know many can't do that or justify the prices involved or have the space required but USB controllers are super cheap just get a controller.

If you are struggling to get a controller and do want one i'll send you one of my spare controllers i don't use if you pay the shipping cost.

but seriously... keyboard for a sim racing game is just a massive nono... controller at the minimum so you have some half decent control while playing.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: jimortality, TheReaper GT

Platform
    PC
    I just tried keyboard.
    Changed speed sensitivity to 50 and finished 7th in 5 lap race @ Watkins Glen against full grid 20% AI. It could have been the podium. I crashed once. And this was first try. With real assists all damage and wear.
    Is it playable. Yes, very much.
    Can you be competitive with keyboard - I can't tell. Probably, with setting up cars and getting into the flow
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png

Quote Originally Posted by marcdxn View Post
    I don't want to sound horrible but really what are you doing trying to play the game on a keyboard is there a reason you don't have a controller or why you can't use one?
    I personally use a wheel setup and i know many can't do that or justify the prices involved or have the space required but USB controllers are super cheap just get a controller.

If you are struggling to get a controller and do want one i'll send you one of my spare controllers i don't use if you pay the shipping cost.

but seriously... keyboard for a sim racing game is just a massive nono... controller at the minimum so you have some half decent control while playing.
    There were people through the development played on nothing but keyboard.....

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Platform
    PC
    I think you are all missing my point here... I figured its a racing SIM and posting about problems playing a RACING SIM with a keyboard makes no sense to me at all, like saying... i tried to eat soup today with a fork and i found it very difficult.
    The minimum requirement for soup is a spawk. Spoon it, Spork it but don't Fork it.

I must have missed the season of the British GT Championship when all the drivers got into the car and strapped in their Corsair Keyboards.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: centurian, jimortality, madmax2069, mermoid

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    thanX for replying...but i have a situation that cant pay money for things like these dude...i'm saving money and actually these things in my country is really expensive...
    and after all i'm not a pro-gamer...i'm a normal gamer that just enjoy playing games without bothering myself or paying too much money u know!
    i play this game only because of the great graphics...just wanna have a experience...
    (sorry for my bad English bro)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Must sat that choosing a program/game that stamps it selv, as a simulator, and trying to usle a keyboard makes no sence at all
    Quote Originally Posted by nanerbreezy View Post
    thanX for replying...but i have a situation that cant pay money for things like these dude...i'm saving money and actually these things in my country is really expensive...
    and after all i'm not a pro-gamer...i'm a normal gamer that just enjoy playing games without bothering myself or paying too much money u know!
    i play this game only because of the great graphics...just wanna have a experience...
    (sorry for my bad English bro)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz\ AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 4.0 GB\ Samsung 256GB SSD\ 16 GB DDR3\ Benq 27"\ G27