Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 2.0 Track cut/penalty issues reporting thread

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Patch 2.0 Track cut/penalty issues reporting thread

It's good that the Cut Track penalties were tightened up, but it went from one extreme to the next.

For example, at Snetterton in the last turn, you can get a cut track penalty in the middle of the track, without ever leaving the pavement or touching the grass.

And the same thing can happen at Hockenheim GP. On the 7th turn (the 90 degree sharp left hand turn), you can get a Cut Track penalty literally in the middle of the track.

These are occurring even if the Lap isn't voided.

While the efforts to make it better is appreciated, we'll be turning off Penalties for our league race.

Car Physics and AI
    Thanks, will be going through all the tracks to double check this kind of thing. I'll put these near the top. I did go through quite a few before the patch, but ran out of time to do them all.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bmanic, KamyKaze1098, RomKnight, Wizards ZA, yopp90

Car Physics and AI
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug914 View Post
    Thanks, will be going through all the tracks to double check this kind of thing. I'll put these near the top. I did go through quite a few before the patch, but ran out of time to do them all.
    i can't see anything wrong with Hockenheim, any of the layouts. All play fine. What was your setup for this? car etc.
    I did see the problem at Snetterton 200 btw, so all good and fixed there.
    The following user likes this Post: KamyKaze1098

I actually had one while sitting on the grid at Brands.
    System: i5 750 @ 3.4GHz (currently stock 2.66GHz), 16GB RAM, (GTX680 GPU RIP) ,GTX 1060, Gigabyte GA/P55-UD5 Logitech G25 wheel (Falling apart),win7 64/ Win XP 32 SP3, all drivers upto date.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug914 View Post
    i can't see anything wrong with Hockenheim, any of the layouts. All play fine. What was your setup for this? car etc.
    I did see the problem at Snetterton 200 btw, so all good and fixed there.
    Marek LMP1 with an Xbox controller. It doesn't happen consistently, but enough that we can't let a league race results change because of it.

Platform
    PC
    This happens too at glencairn downhill corner and one more Kart track that I don't remember the name.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	210320
    Intel i7-7770 | MSI GTX 1080Ti GAMING X | Samsung DDR4 8GB Memory x2 | Samsung PM961 512GB M.2 SSD | Windows 10
    Thrustmaster T300RS + TH8A + Logitech G27 Pedals + Pein Half wheel stand | Oculus Rift

WMD 1 & WMD 2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Jan Studenski

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Had this also on Hockenheim and a Kart Track. Very anoying. Also Nordschleife is much harder now because you get 5s penalty very often if you leave the track unintentionally even if it slows you down.
    i5-3570K, GTX 650 TI, 16GB Ram, T300 GTE, TH8A, T3PA-Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Jan Studenski

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by resmania View Post
    This happens too at glencairn downhill corner and one more Kart track that I don't remember the name.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	210320
    im always getting that at glencairn, it usually happens when im going through the corner at the best speed you can get, by the time i reach that corner in the picture ahead, it invalidates the lap on a regular basis. in addition the track needs a working on the way out of the next set of corners after that corner in the picture on the short track. because there is a patch of grass thats apparently track...
    | MoBo: X79 Extreme6/GB | Socket : i7-3820 @ 3.6GHZ | PSU: Silent Pro 1200W | HDD: 1TB Sata drive | GFX: EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 4GB | Mem: 16GB Corsair DDR3 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit | BenQ Senseye 22" 2ms | Drivers all up to date | Net Connection based on BT line reliability (For what little thats worth!) |

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Hey,

I can confirm this for Hockenheim, I experienced a 5sec slowdown at the described area of the track 3 times in a 8laps race yesterday night.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post

And the same thing can happen at Hockenheim GP. On the 7th turn (the 90 degree sharp left hand turn), you can get a Cut Track penalty literally in the middle of the track.
    I am driving Hockenheim GP quite often in the career and I did not receive a Cut Track penalty during 20 laps.