Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damage off=Horrible races Damage on=Clean races

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Damage off=Horrible races Damage on=Clean races

Title says all. People need to respect not only their own car but others also. They need to realize that their car can be broken if driven incorrectly which would make them more cautious while racing and hopefully SMS will implement a good system that promotes clean races.
    The following user likes this Post: sagedavid

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I agree. On most public matches, I wait until at least the first turn before I start trying to make passes. Usually the first turn is the worst pile up point; even if my lines are clean someone will end up doing a pit maneuver on me.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: OJohnyAppl3S33dO, yopp90

Platform
    PS4
    I dont think wreckers give a $?&% about whether their virtual car gets damaged or not.
    After they've successfully wrecked you, they'll leave anyway. Thats how they operate.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Bubbs, cudirage13, glender123, Luke Townsend, McKiernan, Mellowyellow, TheReaper GT, Traser

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    I dont think wreckers give a $?&% about whether their virtual car gets damaged or not.
    After they've successfully wrecked you, they'll leave anyway. Thats how they operate.
    Thats true thats why SMS needs to put in a ranking system. Something to seperate the good apples from the bad.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: glender123, Luke Townsend, ONT, Pink_650S, sagedavid, Traser

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I think the driver ratings (peer to peer) is good enough for now; but honestly by the time you notice that there is a pending pile up it's already too late. And it's hard to determine who the culprit is. Most of the time I believe it's people thinking they are playing an arcade racer, able to take corners at 200 mph. I think the best you can do is filter the games for "pro" and hope for the best. Or hold a blocked match for invites only? Not sure if you can do that.
    The following user likes this Post: OJohnyAppl3S33dO

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by OJohnyAppl3S33dO View Post
    Thats true thats why SMS needs to put in a ranking system. Something to seperate the good apples from the bad.
    Yep, a rating system would be great! Where you can instantly tell about someone's DNF rate for example.
    Or maybe make the "Driver Network Profile" in multiplayer lobbies available, which is still greyed out for some reason. (...is the reason known?)
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 2 users likes this Post: OJohnyAppl3S33dO, sagedavid

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm pretty sure a rating system exists. Perhaps it is only available in the lobby. Additionally, I need more peeps on my friends list that play this game. PS I lived in deutschland a few years ago.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONITUSofSPARTA View Post
    I think the driver ratings (peer to peer) is good enough for now; but honestly by the time you notice that there is a pending pile up it's already too late. And it's hard to determine who the culprit is. Most of the time I believe it's people thinking they are playing an arcade racer, able to take corners at 200 mph. I think the best you can do is filter the games for "pro" and hope for the best. Or hold a blocked match for invites only? Not sure if you can do that.
    My point exactly taking a corner at 200+ is something you cant do in real life do to fear of crashing which is why damage needs to be on. I think its hilarious how i go to the lobby and rarely find a damage on lobby but this is labeled as a sim racer.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Im hoping and praying that the whats coming soon at the menu is the answer to all of our prayers a rating system.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by OJohnyAppl3S33dO View Post
    My point exactly taking a corner at 200+ is something you cant do in real life do to fear of crashing which is why damage needs to be on. I think its hilarious how i go to the lobby and rarely find a damage on lobby but this is labeled as a sim racer.
    With regards to a damage on lobby , how is it going to stop them just because the lobby has damage ? They will do it anyway , probably worse knowing he can really wreck your car and your race.