Thread: No Bonnet/Hood View for Modified Car Pack Car

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question No Bonnet/Hood View for Modified Car Pack Car

Hi There,
    My name is Traminator from Melbourne Australia, and I just LOVE this game - but I bought the Limited DVD Edition, that comes with the MODIFIED CAR PACK.
    I decided to create an EXCEL SPREED SHEET to give all the cars a score out of 10, for all the different views {all in car views were considered as one score} but when I tested the Modified Car Pack Car called the
    Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - it had NO BONNET/HOOD VIEW?. Just to clarify, there is the option for the view, but it is just BLANK showing the road, just like the first view but a bit wider in depth
    Yet the two Pagani Cars that come with the game both have a front end showing {it's the second view from after you see the full car}

If anyone out there owns the 3 MODIFIED CAR PACK CARS, could you please kindly confirm that there is NO bonnet/hood view {I'm from Australia, where we say bonnet} just so I know that it is missing "Officially" please

Thanks from Traminator

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'll check, but I race in bonnet/hood view (The view after bumper after chase) and I've used the cinque roadster and I think it had a hood, although not much
    XB1 + Kinect + Seagate 2TB
    TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather GT28

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Ive ran all the cars in the modified car pack and I only use hood/bonnet view and they are there.

The thing about the zonda roadster is that it has a very short front, and you wont see it all the time. It has to do with the cameras position on the car and the short front on the zonda roadster

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Thanks for the Quick Replies

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    Ive ran all the cars in the modified car pack and I only use hood/bonnet view and they are there.

The thing about the zonda roadster is that it has a very short front, and you wont see it all the time. It has to do with the cameras position on the car and the short front on the zonda roadster
    Thanks for the quick replies guys, and madmax2069 might have given me the answer.

To give my scores in my personally created EXCELL SPREADSHEET I used the MONZA SHORT track, so I could load each car & test drive as quick as possible - so maybe my undoing was testing the cars
    at full acceleration, most of the time, which didn't allow me to see the bonnet, due to not hard enough breaking to bring it to the fore....

Thanks so much for your quick reply's again from Traminator in Melbourne Australia

P.S. I HAVEN'T TESTED ALL TRACKS YET - BUT WHEN I'M DONE - I WILL POST THAT EXCELL SPREADSHEET FOR ANYONE THAT MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN CREATING THEIR OWN FULL CARS/TRACKS LIST PERSONAL SCORES

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Hey,

the fov setting also hides the bonnet if set to a realistic view value. I'd say the bonnet cannot be seen anymore if the fov is below 60-55. With a higher value you can see it all the time.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkeGT View Post
    Hey,

the fov setting also hides the bonnet if set to a realistic view value. I'd say the bonnet cannot be seen anymore if the fov is below 60-55. With a higher value you can see it all the time.

Ahhh FalkeGT,
    Now that's where I felt I had an error with the car pack, but have solved it, due to your alternate view point {pun intended}.
    You see, I have what would be considered the standard PC/Monitor/Steering Wheel combo - but I have noticed after your advice above - that when the hood of the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster,
    is set to the DEFAULT? of the game, being set at 80 - I see no hood/bonnet at all, even in hard braking. But when I raised it to 90 and up to the max of 120, then I could see all of the hood just fine.
    Which leads me to believe, and this is just a suggestion - but maybe you already had it higher that the "game default" of 80 to begin with, and that's why you might have though I had it as low as
    55-60, but on my machine I can confirm after re-testing it, that even at the default 80 - I could not see the hood on THAT CAR ONLY?, but all other 74+ cars I could.

As far as I'm aware I haven't changed anything else from default that would cause me not to see the hoot - as you suggested that on your machine, the default 80 allows you to see the hood,
    but I am VERY GRATEFUL for your input to discover that I don't have an error in the game - but also for your very quick replies to my problem.

Thanks again from Traminator here in Australia

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Traminator View Post
    Ahhh FalkeGT,
    Now that's where I felt I had an error with the car pack, but have solved it, due to your alternate view point {pun intended}.
    You see, I have what would be considered the standard PC/Monitor/Steering Wheel combo - but I have noticed after your advice above - that when the hood of the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster,
    is set to the DEFAULT? of the game, being set at 80 - I see no hood/bonnet at all, even in hard braking. But when I raised it to 90 and up to the max of 120, then I could see all of the hood just fine.
    Which leads me to believe, and this is just a suggestion - but maybe you already had it higher that the "game default" of 80 to begin with, and that's why you might have though I had it as low as
    55-60, but on my machine I can confirm after re-testing it, that even at the default 80 - I could not see the hood on THAT CAR ONLY?, but all other 74+ cars I could.

As far as I'm aware I haven't changed anything else from default that would cause me not to see the hoot - as you suggested that on your machine, the default 80 allows you to see the hood,
    but I am VERY GRATEFUL for your input to discover that I don't have an error in the game - but also for your very quick replies to my problem.

Thanks again from Traminator here in Australia
    I think what needs to be done is the hood/bonnet cam for the zonda cars should be moved so that you can see the hood/bonnet, something the devs would need to do. Changing the FoV would just be a workaround for the actual issue.