Thread: Request pit stop?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Request pit stop?

I don't have this buttom assigned. I just drive into pits everytime... Without requesting one.
    Is there a difference if you request it first?? Maybe they are faster then?? Or no difference at all in just driving into the pitlane?

Platform
    PS4
    You may find at times the pit is occupied if you don't request a stop, if so that can waste a lot of time and cost you the race.
    PS4
    Apologies Grammar not so great, building skills first class

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    You may find at times the pit is occupied if you don't request a stop, if so that can waste a lot of time and cost you the race.
    Oh... really? Didn't know this. You mean if someone on your team is in the pit stop or something? And you have to wait then? Or are you unable to enter the pit at all then?

Platform
    PC
    The Request Pitstop button is also used to call the AI driver back in if you Swapped drivers with the AI. Just don't forget to hit Swap drivers again after the AI returns to the pits. Otherwise you won't get your seat back from it.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB(Drvr R398.11) | Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Case: THERMALTAKE Level 10 GTS | PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 650W | Monitor: 40" VISIO D40u-D1 | O/S: Win10 Pro-64bit | Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE & F1 Wheels

Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "If somebody said they enjoyed the Nürburgring, they weren't going fast enough." ~ Sir Jackie Stewart on the Green Hell
    I appreciate those enjoying my Custom Liveries... but, please don't send me livery requests in PM's. I don't do liveries on request. Sorry.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagoa View Post
    Oh... really? Didn't know this. You mean if someone on your team is in the pit stop or something? And you have to wait then? Or are you unable to enter the pit at all then?
    You just get sent back out of the pit ( very slowly) then have to pit again.
    PS4

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Mmmh. Ok I understand. Never happened to me yet.. Anyways, not easy assigning all buttons...

Platform
    PS4
    I just set mine to left toggle push.
    PS4

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    That's what I thought too and I have been using the pit request button from day one. Yesterday I had to find out it only warns you I somebody is already in the pits, no matter when you requested your stop. We had a race at Knockhill, 12 cars, 6 boxes. I requested my pit stop just at the beginning of the lap I wanted to pit in, only a hew seconds before entering the pits I get the warning about the box being occupied (I didn't see it immediately because of pit limiter and enterijg the pits). Basically the guy I was sharing the box with, simply entered without requesting his stop i the first place (I asked him...never uses pit stop request) and got served first. I guess first comes first serve...and that's is fair enough...but what is the pit request button then for? I would have guesses it kind of "reserves" my box for that lap, the moment I request it and somebody not requesting would be send out. Here you can see the situation (and me almost throwing all my sim racing stuff out the window):

Has anybody a clear insight on how box sharing, requesting and boxing actually is supposed to work?

Edit: I just realized, this is the old section of the forums...I was using PCARS 2
    Last edited by Konan; 06-04-2018 at 06:59.
    The following user likes this Post: Sessionerror

Platform
    PS4
    @bulls23, could you give the exact timestamp of the incident in your video?
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de