Thread: (Somewhat off topic) Do racing drivers have to pay for the stuff the crash into?

Platform
    XBOX1

(Somewhat off topic) Do racing drivers have to pay for the stuff the crash into?

Do racing/rally drivers have to pay for the stuff the crash into?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeme77 View Post
    see crashtor. He brings substantial personal backing from a state owned oil company in venezuela, he races in lotus renault today and over his few years in formula 1 hes had 24 retirements, a lot higher then most good drivers would have over their entire career on average. 5 races this year hes practically done some damage to his car or destroyed it in some fashion. frankly i doubt that all of his sponsorship money can cover the amount of damage and trouble he gets into each season. in gp2 he was a menace there as well about half the races he was involved in over 4 seasons he had retirements in those, its a miracle he even won the gp2 title in 2010!

on occasion Pastor has shown the odd bit of brilliance and speed like that spanish gp a few years back, his next best result in a race is 5th place in 2012 which he has yet to beat since. interestingly enough his best ever season result was the italian FR 2.0 in 2004 where he picked up 8 wins in 17 races and 4 additional podiums, and thats besides the gp2 title.

i would say that his personal sponsor over the years had to recover the massive costs of maldonados accidents.

im thinking more seriously the team takes the hit, but these things are expensive to make and keep.
    | MoBo: X79 Extreme6/GB | Socket : i7-3820 @ 3.6GHZ | PSU: Silent Pro 1200W | HDD: 1TB Sata drive | GFX: EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 4GB | Mem: 16GB Corsair DDR3 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit | BenQ Senseye 22" 2ms | Drivers all up to date | Net Connection based on BT line reliability (For what little thats worth!) |

Platform
    PC
    on most track days you have to pay if you need to be recovered or damage barriers i believe.
    I remember skipping over a recovery fee for oulton park

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeme77 View Post
    NO.

Every race you enter will have an Insurance for these situations, the Insurance is part of the entry fee, and covers potential damage you cause to objects, property, etc.

At least this is how in my country works.
    Roland | Németh
    Driving an: Intel Core i7-870; 16GB RAM; nVidia GTX 770; Logitech Momo Racing
    Shooting a: Canon 5Ds with 85mm "L" glass

Platform
    PC
    Moved to Off-Topic.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by NemethR View Post
    NO.

Every race you enter will have an Insurance for these situations, the Insurance is part of the entry fee, and covers potential damage you cause to objects, property, etc.

At least this is how in my country works.
    As above but it would also depend in what championship you refer too? if you are a club racer you would have to pay but most others no....
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by marcdxn View Post
    on most track days you have to pay if you need to be recovered or damage barriers i believe.
    I remember skipping over a recovery fee for oulton park
    Man talk about insult to injury! I can see the reasoning behind having to pay for recovery, but surely the fee you pay to use the track should cover any damage to barriers.
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Rim
    Pedals: G27 Seat: Playseat Revolution GT PSN: chig88

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    No... or at least I know that’s the case at NASCAR tracks.
    Porsche Cayman S, Maserati Granturismo MC, 650S, a PC with some monitors.