Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop The Wreckers...From Spoiling Our Party!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sbtm View Post
    - The power of the impact is important. Maybe it is possible to measure the power or the speed of the impact so that small little kisses on the ass are not rated because that's normal at racing.
    Yes, definitely! Only hard impacts should be counted as collisions. (Don't want touring car races with their normal levels of paint-trading to become totally non-contact! )

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorWay View Post
    If the programming can't accurately & consistently determine who is at fault in every collision, then lobby wreckers would be a much bigger problem because they would potentially increase the collision count for everyone they ram - which would then make all the clean victims look like trolls with high collision counts. Not only would trolls have the power ruin your race, they'd also have the power ruin your rep along with it.

I'm not at all suggesting that nothing should be done about trolling wreckers. I'm suggesting that this option has strong potential to cause more problems than it solves.

I think one of the quickest, easiest, & most effective routes would be to simply allows lobby hosts to kick players without a vote at any point during a session (without needing to wait until the session is over & they're back at the lobby wait screen).

...Yes, some lobby hosts may abuse that feature to kick people just for being faster, but I think the rate of occurrence for that type of behavior would be much lower than the rate of rampant ramming that the feature would reduce.

Great your in the last turn leading then the host kicks you so he can get the win.
    System: i5 750 @ 3.4GHz (currently stock 2.66GHz), 16GB RAM, (GTX680 GPU RIP) ,GTX 1060, Gigabyte GA/P55-UD5 Logitech G25 wheel (Falling apart),win7 64/ Win XP 32 SP3, all drivers upto date.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Host kicking is not a real solution - wrecker will simply go to another lobby anyway and wreck there. That's why I'm proposing a simple collision per mile counter - see post #10 above for the details and why it would not catch out anyone except the wreckers.

Platform
    PC
    You asked for opinions & I politely gave one. It's okay with me if we don't agree.
    Platform: desktop PC | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Controller: ThrustMaster T150
    CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz quad-core | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz
    Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB PCIe3.0x16 | Display: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz 1ms 1920x1080
    System SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB SATA3 | Game SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA3
    The following user likes this Post: Luke Townsend

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    You will never have 100% wrecker free sessions. When your are judging about a person being a wrecker or not, you are always dealing with things, which happend in the past. Take it as it is, you will never get rid of this people. The only way for me is to make it uncomfortable and unattractive to them.

What is so annoying about been "advisedly" rammed? The wrecker simply continue his "race" without any effects. But in real live his car would suffer from severe damages, when he run his car into the back of your car:

1. Front splitter broken - reduced or no downforce at the front
    2. Coolers (oil, water) broken - spreading liquids on the track
    3. Suspension bend
    4. Bumpers or other parts of the body went loose - downforce reduced

In real racing the race control will give the black flag to damaged cars immediately, especially when the cars loosing liquids or parts of the bodywork are lost.

Since there is a damage model in project cars I should be an easy job for the devs to include an automated full race control, evaluating the data from the damage model:

1. Your car is loosing liquids? - Black flag
    2. Lost (major) parts of your body work? - Black flag
    3. Stopping on the race track for a time X? - Black flag, when time X with speed equal zero on the track is over

In real racing the black flag means you are disqualified from the session - (in other words: pack your bags and go home).

Such an automated full race control would make online racing much more realistic in general and with that unattractive for wreckers in the midterm. They have no prospects to win or end a race with their own car wrecked any longer.
    The other side of the coin is, that you might be disqualified depending on the degree of damage, when you smash your car into a crash barrier due to your own doubtful driving skills. At least, that would also be realistic, or would you expect anything different? :-)

From my point of view a monitoring system, which identifys alleged wreckers CLEARLY is presumably a very complex piece of software. It has to depict the different possible situations of collisions in a complex algorithm and will never be complete.
    Sounds to me like a never ending story and the result will be doubful.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Jason Ganz, Kaladin, Luke Townsend, nashlo911

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This Collision Count System is very interesting.

Why not create a Community Test Environment (like on BattleField 4) on PC?
    On Steam, there is a BETAS tab under the Properties for each games under LIBRARY.
    So you can switch easily between the retail and the beta version of a game.

A Collision Count System should be implemented and tested by the community.
    Until a release version is added in a patch (all platforms) following the feedback and bug reports from the CTE.

This should be a good thing both for PCars 1 and 2.

But I can see that the Online Reputation under Driver Network Profile is still not functionnal:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ine-Reputation

I hope SMS will do something otherwise this may be the death of the public online racing which can be a big loss for PCars.
    Last edited by NutsMammoth; 04-07-2015 at 13:21.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jason Ganz, Luke Townsend

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Butzemann View Post
    You will never have 100% wrecker free sessions...
    Very true! It is though perhaps worth at least trying to reduce wrecked races using some basic'ish logic.
    Last edited by Luke Townsend; 04-07-2015 at 14:02.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NutsMammoth View Post
    This Collision Count System is very interesting.

Why not create a Community Test Environment (like on BattleField 4) on PC?
    On Steam, there is a BETAS tab under the Properties for each games under LIBRARY.
    So you can switch easily between the retail and the beta version of a game.

A Collision Count System should be implemented and tested by the community.
    Until a release version is added in a patch (all platforms) following the feedback and bug reports from the CTE.

This should be a good thing both for PCars 1 and 2.
    That would be terrific if SMS could run something like this in beta. Along the same lines as you suggest, SMS could initially just keep track of these 2 stats per player without affecting gameplay - they could then at least take a look at the numbers after running it a while to see if they would be useful to classifying blatant, continual wreckers versus normal players.
    Last edited by Luke Townsend; 04-07-2015 at 14:26.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorWay View Post
    You asked for opinions & I politely gave one. It's okay with me if we don't agree.
    Of course. I actually agree with allowing the host to kick - I should have said that. Just don't honestly think it does much to gettting rid of wreckers who can move to another session. Also wondering how does a host in mid-race kick a player without compromising his own race performance.

WMD Member
    Sounds interesting while skim-reading, but what if a wrecker starts a new profile every time they start pCARS, or every few races?

What if wreckers drive the Le Mans 24 straights to get mileage in while in offline mode (I'm not aware of pCARS currently keeping mileage stats offline and online seperate), to then wreck online?

What if wreckers host private solo servers to get mileage in, to then wreck in 25+ public servers?

... Just thinking of possible issues/exploits, brainstorming as I type each issue, only just back from work.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z