Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop The Wreckers...From Spoiling Our Party!

Platform
    PC
    Well if a wrecker puts so much effort and energy into it just to wreck people online he might have a serious mental illness...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Krobo, nashlo911

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    They can't even implement a functioning flag system, yet you guys suggest all kinds of even more complicated systems. You guys have way too much confidence in SMS.
    The following user likes this Post: nashlo911

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by N0body Of The Goat View Post
    Sounds interesting while skim-reading, but what if a wrecker starts a new profile every time they start pCARS, or every few races?

What if wreckers drive the Le Mans 24 straights to get mileage in while in offline mode (I'm not aware of pCARS currently keeping mileage stats offline and online seperate), to then wreck online?

What if wreckers host private solo servers to get mileage in, to then wreck in 25+ public servers?

... Just thinking of possible issues/exploits, brainstorming as I type each issue, only just back from work.
    Yes, thats the point, why the suggested "system" will not work - the question "what if ..." reveals numbers of cases and excpetions to be considered.
    My Vote: Make the common rules of racing, which are valid on all the tracks and all racing classes round the real world, simply working.
    The following user likes this Post: nashlo911

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Genius idea! actually the reason I just signed up to this forum is that I wanted to bring up this issue. So I'm glad others think alike. I'm a casual gamer, just for fun, sometimes not for a few weeks. When I heard about Project Cars I knew I needed it cause I always loved racing simulations. So first thing I did was heading right into the multiplayer and while it's great you can hardly finish a race without some asshole crashing into you on purpose and ruining it.

Edit: Collision counter is problematic. For example I was often ran into in a way so that I was basically rammed back onto the track. Guess what - I get a penalty for cutting the track haha....fucking sucks.
    Last edited by TonyGandolfini; 04-07-2015 at 18:00.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sounds interesting while skim-reading...

--snip--

... Just thinking of possible issues/exploits, brainstorming as I type each issue, only just back from work.
    Very, very good points! Certainly, this collision/mile ratio would not get rid of every wrecker, but it should mean people who want to wreck have to put in a lot more effort. That alone would likely reduce the numbers of wreckers a lot - I don't think people with wrecking mentality are the same people that would grind clean miles in order to do some wrecking. But taking your points in turn:

...what if a wrecker starts a new profile every time they start pCARS, or every few races?
    I'm hoping that SMS have some way of identifying a player that doesn't change - not just their Steam Name/PSN/Xbox ID. Perhaps their login? Or some kind of ID that is specific to the game instance? (maybe normally used for anti-piracy). If not then that exploit you raise would mean this was probably not worth pursuing, but my hope (and expectation) is that SMS have a way to identify players beyond their Steam Name.

What if wreckers drive the Le Mans 24 straights to get mileage in while in offline mode (I'm not aware of pCARS currently keeping mileage stats offline and online seperate), to then wreck online?
    Well again if SMS can't identify offline vs. online miles then this would not work well. I would hope that SMS could count online miles separately. I'm an experienced coder and I am in awe of their programmers - what they have written is incredible. If they can write such a huge system of physics, graphics and netcode, then counting miles online seems like it should not be too hard to do for them. Anything is possible - just depends how much it is wanted.

What if wreckers host private solo servers to get mileage in, to then wreck in 25+ public servers?
    Yes, they could do that. Lobbies do though need more than 1 human driver to start, so wreckers would have to work in pairs/groups to get their clean miles up. I just don't see the typical young wrecker bothering though or being organised enough to do that. And if they do, maybe they will get to realise the pleasure of driving and racing properly without wrecking?

Thanks again for thinking about this and yes, great points, N0body Of The Goat! Certainly no way to get rid of all the wreckers. But be so cool to stop at least the lazy, spoilt brats who can't be bothered to try to race, and simply join a session with the intention to ruin it. We've all encountered them I'm sure, sitting on the corners waiting for us to go past.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGandolfini View Post
    Genius idea! actually the reason I just signed up to this forum is that I wanted to bring up this issue. So I'm glad others think alike. I'm a casual gamer, just for fun, sometimes not for a few weeks. When I heard about Project Cars I knew I needed it cause I always loved racing simulations. So first thing I did was heading right into the multiplayer and while it's great you can hardly finish a race without some asshole crashing into you on purpose and ruining it.

Edit: Collision counter is problematic. For example I was often ran into in a way so that I was basically rammed back onto the track. Guess what - I get a penalty for cutting the track haha....fucking sucks.
    Cheers, Tony! Yes, multiplayer is absolutely awesome when you get in a good, clean race. And there are plenty of those around. I hope you get to enjoy some good online racing! But yes, unfortunately it's way too easy to greif at the moment with no consequences, so that means plenty of greifers currently. It's why I posted this thread too - to offer an idea and discuss it. Shame about your off-track penalty for that, doh!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    ive had a few wreckers today, one of them was lagged, warping around my race ended after a few corners because of where that player ebhind was warping, right in my position, my car was out on the spot. ive seen a kid literally going off the run offs on dubai to try take me out of the lead, there was one race today where one driver was parked on the way down to turn 2 at brands, completely unsighted and waiting for victims no matter where they drove on the track, this kid would catch them for his fun on that same race i had a race win stolen off me, i definately won it but it showed i was 2.5 behind 1st place?

anyways, after that warping player crashed into me, i promptly went on a run of 5 victories in a row before calling it a few minutes ago. doubtless i wont encounter more later on.
    | MoBo: X79 Extreme6/GB | Socket : i7-3820 @ 3.6GHZ | PSU: Silent Pro 1200W | HDD: 1TB Sata drive | GFX: EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 4GB | Mem: 16GB Corsair DDR3 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit | BenQ Senseye 22" 2ms | Drivers all up to date | Net Connection based on BT line reliability (For what little thats worth!) |

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    How do you handle things such as latency causing wrecks and then determine whom is at fault? Many wrecks that I end up in are from cars violently spazzing about the track.

We need to get a dev to comment on the situation otherwise it's just wishful thinking.

I even suggested a paid for DLC rules package, I'd rather have that than new cars and tracks I can't use.
    System: i5 750 @ 3.4GHz (currently stock 2.66GHz), 16GB RAM, (GTX680 GPU RIP) ,GTX 1060, Gigabyte GA/P55-UD5 Logitech G25 wheel (Falling apart),win7 64/ Win XP 32 SP3, all drivers upto date.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Luke Townsend, nashlo911

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by xautos View Post
    ive had a few wreckers today, one of them was lagged, warping around my race ended after a few corners because of where that player ebhind was warping, right in my position, my car was out on the spot. ive seen a kid literally going off the run offs on dubai to try take me out of the lead, there was one race today where one driver was parked on the way down to turn 2 at brands, completely unsighted and waiting for victims no matter where they drove on the track, this kid would catch them for his fun on that same race i had a race win stolen off me, i definately won it but it showed i was 2.5 behind 1st place?

anyways, after that warping player crashed into me, i promptly went on a run of 5 victories in a row before calling it a few minutes ago. doubtless i wont encounter more later on.
    Sad to here your experiences there. I suspect very little can be done with lagging causing incidents unfortunately. It's the guys like you had, parked on the turns waiting to take people out that I really, really want to see the end of, just like the rest of us I'm sure.