Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071

Thread: [PC/XB1/PS4] vrHive - Dashes/Telemetry/Live Data/Arduino/Client-Server/+more

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySwallow View Post
    Fully agree.
    It is not 'broken' so I can still enjoy using the software and I can now crack on with the rest of my arduino code.
    My aim is to have everything you send out over serial displayed in some meaningful order on the lcd.
    I am away myself next week as well so will keep note of any hurdles I come across and update you in a couple of weeks.
    I am sure the rest of the arduino coding will be plain sailing now.

Enjoy your holiday and I will keep an eye on the 'close' issue.

Speak to you on your return.
    Thanks again.
    So..I've been on holiday..rained all week...
    Back to work Monday.

But..got the weekend to play

Still not closing until after 1 minute 30 seconds.
    ClickOnce is a background process..not a main program like I originally thought..
    VrHive is actively (randomly) using little bits of CPU/disk in task manager so it has not frozen..same amount of CPU/ram/disk as if the program was open (idle).
    Once I click the x to close it does not seem to activate any new network activity (as viewed in task manager).
    It is just sat idle...for 1 minute 30 (ish).

What tests/logs do you want me to perform?
    Is there any way of going back to an older version to see if it is only this one that does it (for only me?)?

Also..
    TTL (last lap time) gives the wrong value over serial..it gives the same value as TTB (best lap time).
    TTB is good/correct.

Last edited by GarySwallow; 02-06-2017 at 18:51.
    SYSTEM: OLD BUT WORKS!! Processor: Intel i7-960 @ 3.2GHz (old skool) Mainboard: Gigabyte G1 Guerilla (old skool) Memory: 12GB DDR3 Videocard: XFX Radeon HD7870 x2 (Crossfire) Harddrive: OCZ SSD
    OS: Win 10 Ultimate Control: G27 Extra: Arduino stuff / Android

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    What there's a manual where, oh no forgot blokes don't read them

I will go and have a look

EDIT 1 - Is there anyway to print the manual from the app, as the web saved manuals are not the most recent ?

EDIT 2 - I am looking to move to another pc can I manually copy the telemetry files from one pc to another to get them to show in the app or do I have to export

EDIT 3 - Sorry seem to have broken it! I have installed on another PC and when I try to create a setup a fatal error is thrown. At first I was just getting the error, so I reinstalled and it then told me I had to run a lap to create the car in the setup area, which I did. It then allowed me to create a setup (even though I hadn't created a default). This appeared in the list on the left, but if I then right mouse clicked, the context menu appeared but if I selected edit the fatal error appeared.

If I use on the original laptop it seems to work fine so not sure if is related to the lack of laps

Appreciate your away so no rush just logging for reference

EDIT 4 - I have run 10 or so laps and it now lets me create setups with no issue - so seems it was related to number of laps before the car became registered
    1) No sorry, not at present. Will see if it's a simple thing to add and I'll fix the other files when I get back
    2) Easiest thing is just to copy all files over but then remove the ".config" file. There is a unique guid that is, or will be important in the future. It's not really critical to do that today, so just copying the entire MikeyTT\vrHive folder would be fine
    3) Trust you as you suggest, I'll have a look when I'm back, so may come back to you then
    4) I presume you're also now able to edit the defaults??
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Platform
    PC
    So..I've been on holiday..rained all week...
    Back to work Monday.

But..got the weekend to play

Still not closing until after 1 minute 30 seconds.
    ClickOnce is a background process..not a main program like I originally thought..
    VrHive is actively (randomly) using little bits of CPU/disk in task manager so it has not frozen..same amount of CPU/ram/disk as if the program was open (idle).
    Once I click the x to close it does not seem to activate any new network activity (as viewed in task manager).
    It is just sat idle...for 1 minute 30 (ish).

What tests/logs do you want me to perform?
    Is there any way of going back to an older version to see if it is only this one that does it (for only me?)?

Also..
    TTL (last lap time) gives the wrong value over serial..it gives the same value as TTB (best lap time).
    TTB is good/correct.

I still have a couple of weeks left, so unfortunately, I'm still somewhat disconnected. Only one I can answer is the rollback. In programs and features, you can invoke the change/modify options of vrHive, one of which is to rollback to a previous version. I'm not 100% sure what will happen when you run vrHive again though, as there has been some database schema changes.

Worst case you can just install the latest version again.

Edit: just had a look at the TTL and TTB code. The values are being taken from the correct source, so it must be that these aren't populated correctly elsewhere.
    Last edited by MikeyTT; 02-06-2017 at 20:08.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    1) No sorry, not at present. Will see if it's a simple thing to add and I'll fix the other files when I get back
    2) Easiest thing is just to copy all files over but then remove the ".config" file. There is a unique guid that is, or will be important in the future. It's not really critical to do that today, so just copying the entire MikeyTT\vrHive folder would be fine
    3) Trust you as you suggest, I'll have a look when I'm back, so may come back to you then
    4) I presume you're also now able to edit the defaults??
    2) I copied the telemetry data over to the new pc and deleted the config file that was in the directory on the new pc , but the data does not show up. Do I need to copy ALL files from the source pc , thinking there maybe another file it wants to use ?

4) yes I can edit both the default and my setup
    Pcars Resources for All Platforms | Console Racing Forum
    Xbox| Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

Platform
    XBOX1
    MikeyTT

Some initial observations on the car setup

Enabled/Not Enabled settings

In the setup there are settings that have a value of zero sometimes, like DF and the enabled checkbox is perfect for these. However there are some settings which you can't use but they have a value like lateral weight bias . In this case although the setting can't be changed it you may want to see it in your setup screen so you would not X the enabled box, however this means that you can cnahge the value , albeit you shouldn't , but you could by accident?

Although thinking as I type this i suppose you could set the max and min values to equal the value required, so I checked and this does work

Default Setup

When creating the default you have max value first then minimum , which just felt a bit wierd as my mind tells me that usually you would go from minimum on the left to maximum on the right . When you view the default after it is saved the minimum value is on the left and max on the right , which is what I would expect. Having them different ways round could be confusing.

When entering values that are minus you can't use the arrow keys to set the value you have to type it in manually. Once the range is set though you can then use the arrow keys

When entering a value like camber which may have a completely negative range from say - 3.9 to - 0.9 , you have to enter the -3.9 value as the minumum and the -0.9 as the maximum, which follows as they are numbers , however is this actually right in car setup terms as is the -3.9 not the maximum setting and the -0.9 the minimum setting

Because you have to enter the largest negative number as the min value , when you input a negative range of values you have to enter the minimum setting first as if you put the maximum in first it won't allow you to enter a larger negative number in the minimum setting as it is greater than the max value you have entered.

Car Setup

What are the red and blue lines on the pictorial view of the settings

General

On the consoles you do not see the max and min settings for setup items unless you physically scroll through the setting from min to max, so entering values for the default is very time consuming, do pc users have option to see min/max settings without actually scrolling through the setting. I used the car setup website to get the values . If people do have to scroll through each setting to find the min/max values it could be an issue on pcars2 that puts people off using this section.

The ability to share defaults would be a massive plus to avoid this user "fatigue"

Hope you find this useful

Regards
    Pcars Resources for All Platforms | Console Racing Forum
    Xbox| Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

The following 2 users likes this Post: Schnizz58, Y22 Rydr

Rookie
    Hi All,

one question, works the vrHive Programm on a Raspberry 3

Thanks Sven

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    I still have a couple of weeks left, so unfortunately, I'm still somewhat disconnected. Only one I can answer is the rollback. In programs and features, you can invoke the change/modify options of vrHive, one of which is to rollback to a previous version. I'm not 100% sure what will happen when you run vrHive again though, as there has been some database schema changes.

Worst case you can just install the latest version again.

Edit: just had a look at the TTL and TTB code. The values are being taken from the correct source, so it must be that these aren't populated correctly elsewhere.
    Well it is a god damn miracle!!!
    It has fixed the closing issue on its own after a week (or two) of not working.
    I can only assume that a Windows update broke it and a new update (today) has fixed it again.
    (I also had a broken Arduino Create plugin in Chrome shortly after this issue started and that has also fixed itself today).
    So..I am bloody happy again.
    Hopefully it will not re-occur.

So one issue down with no need for you to do any work

I have been playing with the flag status' and noticed that the chequered flag does not show in either the data stream or on the main vrHive program dash window.
    All of the other flags show ok (in both serial data and dashboard)..just not the chequered flag.
    Is this something you can recreate your end?
    (I am starting to think my system has ghosts in it)

Anyway..I have simplified my Arduino LCD setup to have an i2c 16x2 lcd display and only two buttons (and no resistors) so it is easier/cheaper to build.
    I have tested the multiple Arduino setup in vrHive and it works very well (and persists config through power off/restart etc)..awesome job.

One thing I have noticed is the cheap Nano clones I have do not show up in the drop down as named objects (like the genuine Uno does)..just individual blank lines (still work though).
    In device manager they are shown as CH341SER rather than Arduino Nano (cheaper USB chips) but your software shows a blank line instead.
    Other than that they work independently as expected..

I will keep plodding on with my code..I will send you a link to the code so you can try it before I release it to this bunch on here.
    I think I am nearly done (but then I find something else to add/a better way of doing it)...

I can see there are a few other issues popping up so I will leave you alone for a bit
    SYSTEM: OLD BUT WORKS!! Processor: Intel i7-960 @ 3.2GHz (old skool) Mainboard: Gigabyte G1 Guerilla (old skool) Memory: 12GB DDR3 Videocard: XFX Radeon HD7870 x2 (Crossfire) Harddrive: OCZ SSD

Platform
    PC
    Well it is a god damn miracle!!!
    It has fixed the closing issue on its own after a week (or two) of not working.
    I can only assume that a Windows update broke it and a new update (today) has fixed it again.
    (I also had a broken Arduino Create plugin in Chrome shortly after this issue started and that has also fixed itself today).
    So..I am bloody happy again.
    Hopefully it will not re-occur.

So one issue down with no need for you to do any work

I have been playing with the flag status' and noticed that the chequered flag does not show in either the data stream or on the main vrHive program dash window.
    All of the other flags show ok (in both serial data and dashboard)..just not the chequered flag.
    Is this something you can recreate your end?
    (I am starting to think my system has ghosts in it)

Anyway..I have simplified my Arduino LCD setup to have an i2c 16x2 lcd display and only two buttons (and no resistors) so it is easier/cheaper to build.
    I have tested the multiple Arduino setup in vrHive and it works very well (and persists config through power off/restart etc)..awesome job.

One thing I have noticed is the cheap Nano clones I have do not show up in the drop down as named objects (like the genuine Uno does)..just individual blank lines (still work though).
    In device manager they are shown as CH341SER rather than Arduino Nano (cheaper USB chips) but your software shows a blank line instead.
    Other than that they work independently as expected..

I will keep plodding on with my code..I will send you a link to the code so you can try it before I release it to this bunch on here.
    I think I am nearly done (but then I find something else to add/a better way of doing it)...

I can see there are a few other issues popping up so I will leave you alone for a bit
    And it breaks again.
    No idea what is going on.
    Do the words "not enough quota" mean anything to you?

I have sent a couple of crash logs to you via the software 'send' button on the error message.
    Nice error messages by the way...slap the developer!
    I will catch up on your return but I assume it is my end that is causing this (my arduino create plugin for chrome has stopped again as well - but it works for Edge!?!).
    See ya later..