Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread: [PC/XB1/PS4] vrHive - Dashes/Telemetry/Live Data/Arduino/Client-Server/+more

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    very sorry. No excuse. Reason yes, in bad way over number of things, but no excuse. Answered your PM. Files attached here, apparently you can't attached files to a PM(?).

UDP on my game set to 5. Network is wireless router to AP in client mode that gives the same very adequate (100 mbps on my computer internet download speed, 12 mbps upload) to all my myriad devices, which are all thus on the same LAN. The computer I'm using and the game are both plugged into the same switcher. Many thanks for your forbearance.

Very Sincerely, -Rick
    No worries. Had a few "if you don't fix this $£*& NOW!!!" emails this week about vrHive not working, and so far in all cases it's been their system or network, so I'm a tad touchy

I've had a look at your log and config files and it all looks good.

Just for clarity on your network, are the PS4 and the PC you're running vrHive sitting on wired connections, or is one wireless and one wired? There are known issues with the UDP broadcast that pCars uses and some routers not transmitting that traffic. Here is a view of why: https://superuser.com/questions/7302...ed-to-wireless

Can I suggest that you connect both to the wired side of your switch and try again. As soon as the main dash is displayed, vrHive is looking for data over the network.

If you wanted to prove 100% what's going on, then download wireshark (https://www.wireshark.org/#download) onto your PC. Then start pCars on the PS4 and leave the car just on-track (not paused, just sat on track). Now start a capture in wireshark. If you get packets from the PS4 (the router should show you what IP Address the PS4 is on).

You should get a bunch of general noise, as the network does its thing, but you'll see a shed load of entries from the PS4 (192.168.0.122 in my case, as that's my pCars PC) as UDP entries. The Info column should show exactly the same as in the screenshot. Out of interest the 1367 is the packet length of the API data, so I know that's the correct data.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wireshark UDP.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	239662
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    No worries. Had a few "if you don't fix this $£*& NOW!!!" emails this week about vrHive not working, and so far in all cases it's been their system or network, so I'm a tad touchy

I've had a look at your log and config files and it all looks good.

Just for clarity on your network, are the PS4 and the PC you're running vrHive sitting on wired connections, or is one wireless and one wired? There are known issues with the UDP broadcast that pCars uses and some routers not transmitting that traffic. Here is a view of why: https://superuser.com/questions/7302...ed-to-wireless

Can I suggest that you connect both to the wired side of your switch and try again. As soon as the main dash is displayed, vrHive is looking for data over the network.

If you wanted to prove 100% what's going on, then download wireshark (https://www.wireshark.org/#download) onto your PC. Then start pCars on the PS4 and leave the car just on-track (not paused, just sat on track). Now start a capture in wireshark. If you get packets from the PS4 (the router should show you what IP Address the PS4 is on).

You should get a bunch of general noise, as the network does its thing, but you'll see a shed load of entries from the PS4 (192.168.0.122 in my case, as that's my pCars PC) as UDP entries. The Info column should show exactly the same as in the screenshot. Out of interest the 1367 is the packet length of the API data, so I know that's the correct data.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wireshark UDP.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	239662
    They're both wired. The switch is just an eternet switch. I installed & ran wireshark and got similar results to what you show- my games ip is 10.0.0.145. I played a few seconds of music from my network drive just so the screenshot would have something else beside the PCars UDP lines for you to look at. Hopefully can figure out how to get the screen shot right. That's how I messed up with all those PMs. Didn't know you had to tick a box to get a copy sent to your inbox so I thought somehow the messages weren't getting sent. Was late at night & it happened long ago in a different country and besides the wench is dead

So, no reason it shouldn't be working except it isn't. Very bottom line keeps saying "Standalone mode" "Status: Waiting for games data feed" and "Mode: PCars"

Regards,
    Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wireshark.jpg  

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    They're both wired. The switch is just an eternet switch. I installed & ran wireshark and got similar results to what you show- my games ip is 10.0.0.145. I played a few seconds of music from my network drive just so the screenshot would have something else beside the PCars UDP lines for you to look at. Hopefully can figure out how to get the screen shot right. That's how I messed up with all those PMs. Didn't know you had to tick a box to get a copy sent to your inbox so I thought somehow the messages weren't getting sent. Was late at night & it happened long ago in a different country and besides the wench is dead

So, no reason it shouldn't be working except it isn't. Very bottom line keeps saying "Standalone mode" "Status: Waiting for games data feed" and "Mode: PCars"

Regards,
    Rick
    Ok, so the fact you have data getting through isn't something I would have expected. It's actually bad, because if the PC is getting data, then vrHive should see it.

I'll get you to do some further checking please:
    - Load vrHive and select the PageMainDash as your window to display (I think from your settings this is set anyway)
    - Then under Core Features in Settings check the "Enable DEBUG output for Multiplayer..." check box
    - Go back to the main tiles and click the green tile
    - Fire up pCars and go into Time Trial (track/car doesn't matter)
    - Cross the S/F line, but don't start the lap in anger. Just stop somewhere after the line
    - See if anything is displayed on the dash screen, e.g. track/car or timing

Then send me the vrHive.log file please (post here or email to mike@vrhive.co.uk)

What is the username you use on the PS4 and does it have any odd characters in it? (you don't have to post it here if you don't want, just the clarification it's a simple username). The reason I ask is when I follow the code through I have to detect who you are and everything is dependent on that. It looks like it's not even trapping who you are, which is screwing things up.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    No odd characters. Everything sent by e-mail.

Thanks and regards,

Rick