Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: [PC/XB1/PS4] vrHive - Dashes/Telemetry/Live Data/Arduino/Client-Server/+more

Platform
    PC
    Just wanted to provide a bit of a quick update:

The Car Setups implementation is going well. So well, I've actually completed all of the main code now and have the UI implemented - I know, it's about time Export and Imports appear to be working, but I now need to run through some proper testing. As I'm sure you can imagine there is a lot data being inputted and each has differing requirements, integers, 2 digit decimals, single digit decimals, etc.

Here is a quick screen shot with the Tyres & Brakes section highlighted (I only had data in there), so you can see what it's looking like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vrhive-carsetup-tyre.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	237522

And finally, there was another bit of the app I've been trying to implement better, and that's the COM Port side. I've reworked all of the code for this and it looks much better, as well as providing more features. Basically you can now select up to 5 x COM Ports to connect to. If you start vrHive and one of the COM ports isn't connected, then that's fine. As long as it was configured, then just plug it in. When you "Connect Data Source" it'll just find it and start sending data to it. I only have a couple of Arduinos I have tested on, but it appears to be working well. Here is a quick video of the new configuration options and me adding in a couple of ports:

Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Looking awesome.
    Can't wait to try a multiple arduino setup (I want full credit for the idea!...only kidding).
    Once you release the new version I will update my lcd script using the newer serial data naming conventions and release the code into the wild.
    I am currently coded for an lcd shield (multiple pins used) but I now have an IIC lcd display as well so can free up some pins.
    I have the multiple menu system working so you can choose which data you want to see 'on screen' at any given point (button selectable/scrollable) and also have a couple of nice 'bar graph' style rev displays and a (nearly 100%) working live delta indicator.
    I just need to do some tidying up of some glitchy bits.

Can't wait for the new release.
    Thanks for vrHive...
    The following user likes this Post: MikeyTT