Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: [PC/XB1/PS4] vrHive - Dashes/Telemetry/Live Data/Arduino/Client-Server/+more

Platform
    PC
    Water temps are only shown on the two MainDash pages (normal and Alt). The gauge will adjust to the max values for both temp and pressure, but the ranges won't. You have to go into the Car Dash Configuration and tweak those to your tastes. In that config screen you can change to the tyre section and play around with the values, and that will show you at what value the changes will happen.

This is a very dirty description of what each of the tyre widget components are:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vrHive tyre gauge description.png 
Views:	487 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	214375

I don't have anything else that describes each of the gauges, but I'll make a note, so next time I update the app, I'll update the help file.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Platform
    PC
    Thanks you very much for the screenshot
    Windows 10 (x64)
    Intel Core i7 6700k Socket 1151 LGA 4.2ghz
    Gskills 16Go PC2133
    Radeon R9 280x (3Go) OC
    Intel SSD 330 240Go SATA 3 6gb/s + Raid 2 samsung Sata 600gb for Video capture.

Track IR 5 Pro & Thrustmaster t300rs/t3pa-Pro

Platform
    PC
    Hello, no news about a android version ? Thanks you very much
    Windows 10 (x64)
    Intel Core i7 6700k Socket 1151 LGA 4.2ghz
    Gskills 16Go PC2133
    Radeon R9 280x (3Go) OC
    Intel SSD 330 240Go SATA 3 6gb/s + Raid 2 samsung Sata 600gb for Video capture.

Track IR 5 Pro & Thrustmaster t300rs/t3pa-Pro

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F3n3k View Post
    Hello, no news about a android version ? Thanks you very much
    It's very unlikely I'll look at an Android version. Mainly as it's a completely new development environment that I have no experience in. The Windows Phone side I can use a lot of the code I already have developed for the desktop side, and some of the 3rd party gauge controls. I did look a while back at becoming the server component for VDash, which is Android, but I hit a few snags and changed focus to look at improving my core code-base. There are other Android based dashes out there that do a far better job than I probably would be able to muster given the time I have available to code, so unfortunately I would say if you really need an Android version, then have a look at VDash.

If it's something that a lot of peeps want then I could reach out to flynny again and see if I can get vrHive to act as their server component.

Thanks, Mike...
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    The following user likes this Post: F3n3k

nm got fixed
    Last edited by FastnFurious; 23-08-2015 at 11:17.
    i7 4790K | 2 x EVGA CLASSISIED K|NG P|N 780ti SLI| M/B: MAXIMUS VII FORMULA| RAM: 32GB 2400mhz |SSD: 2 SAMSUNG EVO 840 PRO 256g in RAID 0 |HD: SAMSUNG EVO 840 1TB SSD| PSU: 1200w | W7 x64 | CSW/CSPII | 3 SCREENS 27" ASUS 5760x1080 |SIMVIBE 8CH
    i7 3770K | R7990 | M/B: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z| RAM: 16GB | SSD: Samsung EVO 840 1tb| PSU: 1200w | W7 x64 | CSW/CSP | Sceptre (3) 24"s 5760x1200
    DEDICATED SERVER: network speed 300/15|NIC: 10gb| DUEL XEON E5's 3.4mhz 16core| RAM: 64GB| HDD: 8TB| NAME: FASTnFURIOUS-DS_USA

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi MikeyTT,

congratulations for your awesome software

I need a really simple thing comparing with what you did. I'm developing a OBD application for my thesis project and I need to get telemetry data from some car simulator to test it.
    I'm using arduino due, so basically I need an arduino code which prints on the serial, in loop, all the data like:

speed
    rpm
    oil temperature
    oil pressure
    water temperature
    water pressure
    fuel pressure
    fuel level
    fuel capacity
    throttle
    clutch
    steering
    brake
    gear
    Odometer
    air ambient temperature
    etc...

can you help me with that? thank you in advance

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FRosad View Post
    Hi MikeyTT,

congratulations for your awesome software

I need a really simple thing comparing with what you did. I'm developing a OBD application for my thesis project and I need to get telemetry data from some car simulator to test it.
    I'm using arduino due, so basically I need an arduino code which prints on the serial, in loop, all the data like:

speed
    rpm
    oil temperature
    oil pressure
    water temperature
    water pressure
    fuel pressure
    fuel level
    fuel capacity
    throttle
    clutch
    steering
    brake
    gear
    Odometer
    air ambient temperature
    etc...

can you help me with that? thank you in advance
    Sounds like you want to do the opposite of what my app does. My app writes to the Arduino over the serial port. It sounds like you want to send from the Arduino to a PC app.

However if you want the former then have a look at the guide on P18 (http://www.vrhive.co.uk/vrHiveGuide.pdf), as that describes all the data that is pushed out over the serial port. That includes the full format of the stream. You just need to then read that in the Arduino.

I don't have any full Arduino code yet, but I do have some elements that I was working on. I'm not even 100% sure I updated it with the new send format I use, but it's here (http://www.vrhive.co.uk/temp/vrHive_Arduino.zip) in case it's of use.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    Sounds like you want to do the opposite of what my app does. My app writes to the Arduino over the serial port. It sounds like you want to send from the Arduino to a PC app.

However if you want the former then have a look at the guide on P18 (http://www.vrhive.co.uk/vrHiveGuide.pdf), as that describes all the data that is pushed out over the serial port. That includes the full format of the stream. You just need to then read that in the Arduino.

I don't have any full Arduino code yet, but I do have some elements that I was working on. I'm not even 100% sure I updated it with the new send format I use, but it's here (http://www.vrhive.co.uk/temp/vrHive_Arduino.zip) in case it's of use.
    Sorry, I didn't explain well. I want exactly what your app does but I need the referred data in the arduino. For example in my arduino code I'm using the random function to 'fake' my telemetry data:

rndRPM=random(1,55);
    rndSpeed=random(0,255);
    rndAmbientAirTemp=random(0,200);

Instead of it I need to get "project cars" data telemetry to test my code in a more realist way.

For example:

rndRPM= pCarsRPM;
    rndSpeed= pCarsSpeed;
    rndAmbientAirTemp= pCarsAmbientAirTemp;

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FRosad View Post
    Sorry, I didn't explain well. I want exactly what your app does but I need the referred data in the arduino. For example in my arduino code I'm using the random function to 'fake' my telemetry data:

rndRPM=random(1,55);
    rndSpeed=random(0,255);
    rndAmbientAirTemp=random(0,200);

Instead of it I need to get "project cars" data telemetry to test my code in a more realist way.

For example:

rndRPM= pCarsRPM;
    rndSpeed= pCarsSpeed;
    rndAmbientAirTemp= pCarsAmbientAirTemp;
    Ahh, ok. In which case then have a look at both the guide on P18, as that will tell you what the data structure is for the serial data, and the Arduino code in the link. The Arduino code you will need to integrate into your app, but basically the main loop looks for 3 bytes of data:
    - The area, i.e. Engine, Brakes, Session, etc.
    - The category, i.e. for engine that would be "R" for revs
    - The measure, i.e. for the engine revs, that would be "C" for current revs or "M" for max revs

Code:
    while (Serial.available() > 0)
    	{
    		readArea = '!';
    		readCategory = '!';
    		readMeasure = '!';		

if (Serial.available() > 3)
    		{
    			//the command as such is split into 3 sections. Area, Category and Measure

//read the first 3 bytes
    			readArea = Serial.read();
    			readCategory = Serial.read();
    			readMeasure = Serial.read();

//read the rest of the data and keep trying until we see an end of line
    			ReadToEndOfCommand();

//process first byte
    			ProcessArea();
    		}
            }
    Then the "ProcessArea" routine interrogates the Area byte.

Code:
    void ProcessArea()
    {
      switch (readArea)
    	{
    		case 'E':
    			//Engine
    			ProcessEngine();
    			break;

case 'V':
    			//Vehicle
    			ProcessVehicle();
    			break;
    Then the process code would look at the category and measure to then decide what to do.

Code:
    void ProcessEngine()
    {
        //first byte was "E" to get us here
        switch (readCategory)
        {
          case 'R':
    			//Revs
    			switch (readMeasure)
    			{
    				case 'C':
    				{
    					//Current Revs
    					longData = StringToNumber(receiveBuffer);
    					DisplayRevs(longData);					
    					break;
    				}     

case 'M':
    				{
    					//Max
                                            //do something with max revs
    					break;
    				}     
    			}
    I've split these out and put a few switch statements together, but you could just as easily have a few "if" statements.

Obviously the Arduino code is set up for my config, but you should be able to take out the bits you need. And in the case of the "Current Revs" from above, just replace the

Code:
    DisplayRevs(longData);
    with

Code:
    rndRPM= StringToNumber(receiveBuffer);
    Let me know if you need any more help...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    Ahh, ok. In which case then have a look at both the guide on P18, as that will tell you what the data structure is for the serial data, and the Arduino code in the link. The Arduino code you will need to integrate into your app, but basically the main loop looks for 3 bytes of data:
    - The area, i.e. Engine, Brakes, Session, etc.
    - The category, i.e. for engine that would be "R" for revs
    - The measure, i.e. for the engine revs, that would be "C" for current revs or "M" for max revs

Code:
    while (Serial.available() > 0)
    	{
    		readArea = '!';
    		readCategory = '!';
    		readMeasure = '!';		

if (Serial.available() > 3)
    		{
    			//the command as such is split into 3 sections. Area, Category and Measure

//read the first 3 bytes
    			readArea = Serial.read();
    			readCategory = Serial.read();
    			readMeasure = Serial.read();

//read the rest of the data and keep trying until we see an end of line
    			ReadToEndOfCommand();

//process first byte
    			ProcessArea();
    		}
            }
    Then the "ProcessArea" routine interrogates the Area byte.

Code:
    void ProcessArea()
    {
      switch (readArea)
    	{
    		case 'E':
    			//Engine
    			ProcessEngine();
    			break;

case 'V':
    			//Vehicle
    			ProcessVehicle();
    			break;
    Then the process code would look at the category and measure to then decide what to do.

Code:
    void ProcessEngine()
    {
        //first byte was "E" to get us here
        switch (readCategory)
        {
          case 'R':
    			//Revs
    			switch (readMeasure)
    			{
    				case 'C':
    				{
    					//Current Revs
    					DisplayRevs(longData);					
    					break;
    				}     

case 'M':
    				{
    					//Max
                                            //do something with max revs
    					break;
    				}     
    			}
    I've split these out and put a few switch statements together, but you could just as easily have a few "if" statements.

Obviously the Arduino code is set up for my config, but you should be able to take out the bits you need. And in the case of the "Current Revs" from above, just replace the

Code:
    DisplayRevs(longData);
    with

Code:
    rndRPM= StringToNumber(receiveBuffer);
    Let me know if you need any more help...
    Thank you for your help I can access, successfully, to the data with my arduino but I'm having a issue with the data because sometimes, and it's quite often, it adds an 0 to the final value or just prints a 0 from nowhere.
    Sometimes I'm at 35km/h and it prints 350Km/h or even if I'm at 125Km/h it prints 1250Km/h.
    Or it just prints a 0 in a middle of a low speed as you can see in the image.

Attachment 219279