Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: [PC/XB1/PS4] vrHive - Dashes/Telemetry/Live Data/Arduino/Client-Server/+more

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    hello all

sorry for my english because i'm french.

I try connect my lcd to vrhive but my code in wrong

help my please

my code :
    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <binary.h>
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <LiquidCrystal.h>

//les variables
    String receiveBuffer
    String dataFeed
    long longData
    String wTemp;
    char readChar;
    char readArea;
    char readCategory;
    char readMeasure;

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 4, 5, 6, 7);//init ecran

void setup()
    {
    lcd.begin(16, 2);

Serial.begin(115200);

}

void loop()
    {

while (Serial.available() > 0)
    {
    //put some data in to reset the variable content
    readArea = '!';
    readCategory = '!';
    readMeasure = '!';

if (Serial.available() > 3)
    {
    //read first 3 bytes
    readArea = Serial.read();
    readCategory = Serial.read();
    readMeasure = Serial.read();

//read actual data
    receiveBuffer = "";
    delay(5);
    while (Serial.available() > 0)
    {
    int val = Serial.read();
    if (val == '\n')
    {
    val = 0;
    break;
    }
    receiveBuffer += (char)val;
    }

//work on data
    if (readArea = 'L')
    {
    if (readCategory = 'T')
    {
    if (readMeasure = 'N')
    {
    //Track Name
    //output the data to your LEDs, LCDs, etc.
    lcd.print(receiveBuffer);
    }
    }
    }

}
    }
    }

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by totof78 View Post
    hello all

sorry for my english because i'm french.

I try connect my lcd to vrhive but my code in wrong

help my please

my code :
    You've not given me a lot to go on here, with exactly what you're seeing, or not. So I will take this step by step.

I presume if you put an lcd.print with some static text, then that will display to your LCD. If not then I can't really help much with that, as it's down to your connections, LCD model, etc.

In vrHive, I presume you have enabled the Arduino in the "Hardware Connectivity" tab in settings. You also need to match the COM port/speed settings with your Arduino device.

vrHive won't push any data through the COM port until there is data being read fro the API and you're in a session, so you need to be on-track before you'll see data.

Would be worth putting some lcd.print statements in the Arduino code at various stages to prove that you're getting some data through, before you do any analysis on it. It could be that the "if (Serial.available() > 0)" isn't actually getting any data.

Also worth checking the log files (%programdata%\MikeyTT\vrHive) that you're not getting error messages about COM port connectivity.

Outside of the above, you'll need to provide a bit more dialog around what isn't working...
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    hello sorry for the missing detail

my arduino is connect to my mac(i use parallel desktop), and vr hive is in standalone mode en upd stream

i want just watch in my lcd 16x2 the track name because it is a test. my code is write to up and my configuration in vr hive :

-com port data interval 60hz
    -baud rate 115200
    -parity odd
    -databits 8
    stop bits none

thanks for your help

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by totof78 View Post
    hello sorry for the missing detail

my arduino is connect to my mac(i use parallel desktop), and vr hive is in standalone mode en upd stream

i want just watch in my lcd 16x2 the track name because it is a test. my code is write to up and my configuration in vr hive :

-com port data interval 60hz
    -baud rate 115200
    -parity odd
    -databits 8
    stop bits none

thanks for your help
    Have you tried any of the other steps I've highlighted? We need to narrow down where the issue is, and to do that we need to know what's working first.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more

Hi Mikey,
    I have been working with you data stream for an arduino LCD project.
    I have a fully working system prototype using an Uno and a 16x2 screen shield (with buttons incorporated) but I am having trouble with showing BEST time (LTB).
    I cannot see it in your data stream so cannot capture it.
    Can you have a quick look to see if this is true or am I missing it somehow?

I used a COM sniffer to read your raw data to see if it was there and it is not.
    I assume you only send data as it is presented to you (ie LTL last lap header is only sent when Project Cars gives the data..then you include it in the next packet..until then you do not include the header).

Also what is LDS (last header sent in the packet)?
    I sometimes see 2x LDS headers sent in a row..
    Is one of these actually LLD (live delta)?

I will post my sketch and setup details once I get this working.
    Awesome program you have made.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySwallow View Post
    Hi Mikey,
    I have been working with you data stream for an arduino LCD project.
    I have a fully working system prototype using an Uno and a 16x2 screen shield (with buttons incorporated) but I am having trouble with showing BEST time (LTB).
    I cannot see it in your data stream so cannot capture it.
    Can you have a quick look to see if this is true or am I missing it somehow?

I used a COM sniffer to read your raw data to see if it was there and it is not.
    I assume you only send data as it is presented to you (ie LTL last lap header is only sent when Project Cars gives the data..then you include it in the next packet..until then you do not include the header).

Also what is LDS (last header sent in the packet)?
    I sometimes see 2x LDS headers sent in a row..
    Is one of these actually LLD (live delta)?

I will post my sketch and setup details once I get this working.
    Awesome program you have made.
    You caught me mid coding actually, hence the quick reply.

I've had a look and yes, looks like I've dropped a bit of a copy/paste booboo. You are correct the "LDS" does indeed get sent twice in quick succession. The first one is the Lap Time Split and the 2nd is the Live Delta. I've added a fix for that on the next release.

There are actually a few other changes coming through, as I had noticed that there was some cross-over in the Location and Timing variables "LTL" being sent twice (once for track length and last lap time). In the next release, all of the Tyre values will be changed to a "Y" prefix, the Track/Location will remain as "L" and the Timing will be "T". So this will have a big impact to any current developed apps.

On the question of not all values being sent, that's correct for both the last lap data and the best lap data. "LTB" does get sent, but only if you have a clean lap, that's recorded as best. Easiest way to test this is in TT.

Hope that helps...

It does help a lot thanks.
    I may just have to be quicker to catch the packet with that data in as I seem to miss it.
    I assumed it was the SMS stored best time but I guess it is best session time?

I will adjust any values you change as I pull them using a TextFinder library so it is easy to change for me.

Any ETA on the next release?
    Can't wait....

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySwallow View Post
    It does help a lot thanks.
    I may just have to be quicker to catch the packet with that data in as I seem to miss it.
    I assumed it was the SMS stored best time but I guess it is best session time?

I will adjust any values you change as I pull them using a TextFinder library so it is easy to change for me.

Any ETA on the next release?
    Can't wait....
    When you have a best lap on the board, it should keep sending it. I keep the session best in a collection, and all I do is look for an entry in the collection. If it finds one it'll spit out the data.

ETA?? There is a question

I've been tracking a bug in the new code for about two months on and off now, which has been breaking the new Car Setup implementation. That I fixed this morning - yay, go me I'm looking at the UI display of the setups for the rest of the day, and I hope to have that all plumbed in towards the end of next week. I've had big issues with the cloud sharing of the Car Setups, so I'm likely to just disable that to get the release out sooner.

All other changes, bar one, I've implemented, so it really shouldn't take too long. So I'm hoping to release in the next couple of weeks, but I have a job that takes me away from home a lot, which often decimates any time I get to develop. So I'm not going to promise, but I am hopeful, now that I've nailed this annoying bug.

Sorted...My issue with best lap is that my code dies if it cannot find the header..(I will work around that).
    I have just proven it does indeed work by setting a lap time first (and producing a session best value) THEN manually choosing the menu option I created to show it (and running the code)..now it works because the data exists before I look for it

In your GUI you show the SMS stored (personal) best for the track/vehicle combo..can you send that out to arduino as well? (please)..

I don't suppose you fancy floating a beta version of your new one for me to update/test my arduino code???
    I can then share my sketch as a simple project for anyone as you only need to purchase an arduino and this lcd (or compatible) http://linksprite.com/wiki/index.php...ld_for_Arduino

..no soldering or other components required..

The code needs optimising at some stage but currently it works
    Last edited by GarySwallow; 01-04-2017 at 17:23. Reason: Added some clarification words

Platform
    PC
    It's going to be a bumpy ride!!

Unfortunately for whatever reason it appears vrHive has some interest from the nefarious corners of the web. Over the last few days I've suffered several attacks on the web site (when I say several, I actually mean much, much more!!). The attacks are also from all over the globe, so it's not just one lone numpty, it's probably one sad, lonely, waste of breath, numpty, with access to a bot network.

This provides a couple of issues. Firstly because I use ClickOnce to always ensure the app is always updated, this has a path to a web location where it checks for updates and downloads the latest version. This location is a path on the web site. So when the website is under attack, so is this folder.

Secondly, which is the bigger problem, to keep costs down, I host vrHive myself, so I don't incur hosting & bandwidth charges. That means I don't have a lot of support when it comes to defending attacks. Luckily it's not a proper DDOS, so the bandwidth isn't completely mullered, but it is a significant chunk of what I have available.

This will impact you all in a couple of ways. When the app launches, it may take longer to do the version check, and if you're browsing the vrHive page, or trying to download a new setup file, the experience will quite frankly be poor.

I can't do a lot about this unfortunately, unless anyone has some great ideas, so you'll just have to bear with me for now. I'm sure once they realise that they can't hack the site, or gain access through vulnerabilities, they'll move onto somebody else and we'll be good again. But until then, the sad sacks of the world are winning
    Last edited by MikeyTT; 13-04-2017 at 17:27.