Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TX Wheel, total loss of ability to calibrate

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSphincter View Post
    Wanted to thank you for posting this! My wheel started to act weird about two weeks ago, self-calibration on startup was acting up. It would start by turning left very slowly and not far at all, then slamming into the wall after turning right at turbo speeds. It wouldn't calibrate unless I turned the wheel all the way left before turning it on. Force feedback wasn't there how it used to be, it was week and lacking. I was starting to think my wheel was about to die. So I came across this thread and figured I'd give it a try.
    So thank you for posting those files! My wheel is back! It feels like I just got a brand new one, and self-calibration has no issues anymore.
    Happy it helped
    Damian Hall
    WMD2 Member [Gold]

|||| Alienware Alpha Console (modified) ||||

Intel® Core™ i5-4690 K
    Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 (External GPU) (external using EXP GDC 8.0 Dock) // NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU 2GB GDDR5 (internal)
    24GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
    Oculus Rift
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    XBOX ONE (gamertag - Copper Piston) - Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer 488 Edition Wheel, Fanatec V3 Pedals, TH8A Shifter, Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 headset, Play Seat, Antec Cooling system, Collective Minds Custom HDD enclosure (Xbox One) & PROJECT CARS limited edition. Project Cars 2 Deluxe Edition
    ----
    Steam (gamertag - [AFR] Copper Piston)
    ----
    PS4 PRO (gamertag - Dameyonx)
    ----
    Oculus Rift (gamertag - CopperPiston)

"That is all"

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by miint View Post
    Just tried this and resolved all my issues! Thanks a bunch.. much appreciated.
    I'm glad, you're welcome
    Damian Hall
    WMD2 Member [Gold]

|||| Alienware Alpha Console (modified) ||||

Intel® Core™ i5-4690 K
    Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 (External GPU) (external using EXP GDC 8.0 Dock) // NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU 2GB GDDR5 (internal)
    24GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
    Oculus Rift
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    XBOX ONE (gamertag - Copper Piston) - Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer 488 Edition Wheel, Fanatec V3 Pedals, TH8A Shifter, Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 headset, Play Seat, Antec Cooling system, Collective Minds Custom HDD enclosure (Xbox One) & PROJECT CARS limited edition. Project Cars 2 Deluxe Edition
    ----
    Steam (gamertag - [AFR] Copper Piston)
    ----
    PS4 PRO (gamertag - Dameyonx)
    ----
    Oculus Rift (gamertag - CopperPiston)

"That is all"

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hey, so update on that whole thing. The wheel had to be re-calibrated at every start-up, and would lose force feedback in two minutes of playing. After talks with Thrustmaster tech support they sent me out a new base saying the old one was no good. But anyways, those files are great and hope more people find them useful.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameyon View Post
    Hey, I wanted to come on to start a thread relative to the TX racing wheel calibration issue where the wheel slammed violently to the right repeatedly and came across your issue. I hope this works for you. There is a motor calibration software that is very simple to use. Since you're already up to date, all you are required to do is connect your wheel to the usb of your pc while running this program and leave it. You have to be patient, as long as your pc picks up the wheel the program will be working on calibrating your wheel even if it doesn't move the same time. GOOD LUCK.

https://sites.google.com/site/descar...edirects=0&d=1

Instructions below

https://sites.google.com/site/descar...directs=0&d=1*
    Thanks so much for this post, I was almost at the point of buying a new wheel but now its good as new!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    My wheel has recently started having the same problem, slow partial spin to the left, then smashing the right stop repeatedly. By turning my wheel completely left then back to the right just a bit, before turning on lets the wheel calibrate. From what I gather the sensor that "listens" or control movement to the left is faulty. Importer has contacted Thrustmaster who have advised it is a known issue and needs replacement.

I'll give this a quick go to see if it fixes it, but I reckon it will only be temporary. Once it is faulty I believe it is only time before it fails completely.
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 32gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift S

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Awseome, fixed!! Someone should make this a stickY
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 32gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift S

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Interesting that, although this initially fixed my calibration issue, over the last three weeks I have noticed that wheel has been gradually getting slower when spinning to the left during the calibration phase, and now I am back where I was before using the calibration programme with the wheel refusing to calibrate. Something must be failing. I'll run the programme again and I'm expecting it will be fixed again, until next time. Something must be wrong with the firmware I'm thinking.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELJOCKEY View Post
    Interesting that, although this initially fixed my calibration issue, over the last three weeks I have noticed that wheel has been gradually getting slower when spinning to the left during the calibration phase, and now I am back where I was before using the calibration programme with the wheel refusing to calibrate. Something must be failing. I'll run the programme again and I'm expecting it will be fixed again, until next time. Something must be wrong with the firmware I'm thinking.
    If you read through the thread you'll notice we all had the same issue, and that software fix only helped for a little bit. I think the issue is with the sensor that is responsible for reading wheel position. I ended up getting a replacement servo base from thrustmaster tech support. Good luck with everything!

Platform
    PC
    Jockey, that sounds a lot like the problem I was having back in Jan/Feb. I'd recommend contacting TM to see if they'll send you a replacement.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Importer has organised a replacement base. Just gotta box mine up and return it.