Thread: [Bug] Car won't turn after pit stop

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

[Bug] Car won't turn after pit stop

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere. Racing Silverstone GP full length in Formula A. After fitting medium tyres in first stop on lap 20 all tyres go red after a few laps. I pit on 34 to take softs and they immediately go red. On lap 43 I stop to get new softs to hopefully race to the end and on coming out of the pit lane the car will no longer turn. The tires move on screen but the car just goes straight. Have had this happen multiple times always after a third or fourth stop.

I am racing with real tyre wear, real assists, full damage.

Platform
    PS4

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 04-07-2015 at 17:29.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by graveltrap View Post
    Thanks for the link. I knew about the hot tyres bug, and read through that thread. But what I am getting seems different from running hot/flats.

As I come out after a fourth pit, the car just goes straight as if the steering is completely locked. In previous laps, I could race with hot tyres for 10 laps or so. After the fourth stop I can't even get onto the track. The steering locks and I go straight until I hit a barrier. Maybe this is a hot tyre issue, but the fact that it only happens after a fourth pit made me think it was a separate issue.
    I didn't see that in the thread you linked. If I did, apologies.

Anyway, wanted to report it. Absolutely love this game right and excited to see it improve over time.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have this happen every time I pit in career mode. I've stopped playing due to this until the patch is released but I think a sort of fix is to tell your pit crew that you want to change tyres when you pit as there is something wrong with the default setting. Hope it works.