Thread: My Easy G27 Fix

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

My Easy G27 Fix

When I tried patch 2.0 for the first time I was horrified. What used to be a great game had been ruined by the overly heavy FFB. I have spent the last two days trawling through the forums for an answer, tweaking like there's no tomorrow and it just felt rubbish. Eventually I decided to scrap all the complicated settings and go back to basics. Firstly I reset my G27 settings to default in the game. Then I reduced Tire (sic) Force until the weight felt OK to me. My setting is 6 for Tire Force. Then to get rid of the massive hole around the straight ahead position I downloaded Wheel Check 1.72 and checked the Min Force setting which gave me a FFB base offset of 13%. I set my Dead Zone Removal Range to 0.13. This now feels pretty close to the FFB before the patch. Obviously FFB feel is personal so this might not suit everybody. I just wish that the developers would give you a choice to keep the old settings before changing things. My motto, If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It. Cheers.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Glygoo View Post
    When I tried patch 2.0 for the first time I was horrified. What used to be a great game had been ruined by the overly heavy FFB. I have spent the last two days trawling through the forums for an answer, tweaking like there's no tomorrow and it just felt rubbish. Eventually I decided to scrap all the complicated settings and go back to basics. Firstly I reset my G27 settings to default in the game. Then I reduced Tire (sic) Force until the weight felt OK to me. My setting is 6 for Tire Force. Then to get rid of the massive hole around the straight ahead position I downloaded Wheel Check 1.72 and checked the Min Force setting which gave me a FFB base offset of 13%. I set my Dead Zone Removal Range to 0.13. This now feels pretty close to the FFB before the patch. Obviously FFB feel is personal so this might not suit everybody. I just wish that the developers would give you a choice to keep the old settings before changing things. My motto, If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It. Cheers.
    I did the exact same procedure, but ended with TF at 10% and Deadzone at 18% as per Wheel Check.
    But i wonder if it would be a better comprise (physics-wise) to always leave FFB/TF at100% and then scale down per car (i think itīs called MasterScale)?
    Did anybody try this yet?
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K@3.3GHz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB [353.06] MB: Asus P8Z68-V LX [4102] MEM: Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM HDD: Corsair Force GT SSD 180GB [5.05] Wheel: Logitech G27 [5.10.127.0] OS: Win7 Pro x64 SP1
    In-game settings:
    RESOLUTION=1920x1080@60HZ TEXTURES=HIGH AF=x16 VSYNC=Adaptive SMAA=HIGH REFLECTIONS=HIGH ENVMAP=HIGH GRASS=HIGH TRACK/CAR/SHADOW DETAILS=HIGH MOTIONBLUR=OFF VISUALFX=FULL/ON/YES/HIGH
    When you feel that the road is escaping you, when you say to yourself, "That's it, I'm going off",
    but then instead you stay on the track, that's when you reached your limit;you've gone as fast as you could.
    The following user likes this Post: Glygoo