Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: 10tenths.net Racing League - Formula B Season

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I opened a dedicated YouTube channel for hosting my live streams of our events.
    Here are the first 2 videos:
    Qualification:

Race:
    Last edited by SCClockDr; 31-03-2017 at 04:15.
    Regards
    George
    PCars GOTY, PS4 500G, G29.

I started life with nothing & have managed to keep most of it!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dnns84, lmntr

Platform
    PS4
    Congratulations are in order to GZR_ScclockDr on his maiden win and Pole! He came close to Fastest Lap by a little more than .2 seconds. but no cigar, still it must feel highly satisfying! Also, with excellent results were The_Bag_ in second and Dnns84 in 3rd Place complimenting the Podium.

My race report: I qualified in 8th and I was not sure what to expect since the run up to Dunlop Chicane (Turns 2&3) is wide enough for someone to try to sneak by. I had a good start and was following Skanda when he appeared to slide slightly just past the Huge frame into turn 5, I made a very tight turn through it trying to get an inside run where I had not driven ever during practice and thought I was okay but I pissed PCars Withing so much he gave me an instantaneous 5 second throttle delay. Now I was last. I proceeded to chase and soon I was in the middle of a fight that lasted the whole race with Roundrocket being just always ahead by a couple of seconds many times and hounded my chaospunx82 for interminable number of laps as well. With many close fights for so many laps I really got to see my huge gloves sometimes getting in the way and covering the competitor in front of me, I must consider another brand or ask my engineer to raise my seat a little. Around Lap 12 I was chasing chaos when I saw another pull out of the pits and it was Paciaman!! His Crew chief miscalculated royally by bringing him in too early. He was just ahead of me and chaos and I saw how he crafted a pass with the wrong tires on. Remembering my transition pace from dry to wet during practice, I made a pit stop for wets at the end of Lap 15 and one of my mechanics dropped a lug-nut which brought him an explosion of expletives and threats of replacement. Later I apologized, but this ensured chaos would pull out of the pits ahead of me. About lap 19 or so I was in the middle of a 4-way fight with 6,5,4, and 3rd Place with all of us a fraction of a second with each other. I have a race long helmet view recorded which will be posted as soon as I can. We stayed like that for several laps of very intense concentration but then my engineer began a chatter and he would not shut up loosing my concentration and going off road dropping me back about 10 seconds from the bunch. Now I had to recover and I kick myself and proceeded to finish the race with no more mistakes from then (Lap 23) until the end I finished in 5th Place and congratulations again to my teammate for his podium finish! And now I go to relax with a few Negra Modelos with my crew, it is all water under the bridge. see you guys next at Imola!!

Here is my race video:
    Last edited by lmntr; 31-03-2017 at 18:17.
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T100, PLa Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at www.10tenths.net

Platform
    PS4
    Congratulations to GZR_SCClockDr on another thrilling victory! Completing the Podium are lmntr (myself) in 2nd Place and Paciaman finishing in 3rd Place!

My race report: I knew it was going to take the utmost concentration to advance during the race because the Resident Aliens were all in front of me! Sure enough right at the start and before the first turn, I had lost 2 places. I gathered myself and ignored my anguish so that I could focus and chase chaospunx82 and Dnns84. I managed to stay within a second or so behind them and saw that we were pulling away from the group behind so I did not really mind too much; at least not yet.
    I followed for a number of laps and I began to adjust my driving slowly but surely to get closer and closer not to pass but to pressure since I knew it would take a mistake from chaos in order to pass because an outright pass would be too risky due to our similar pace and it happened....On the last turn he induced an acceleration oversteer that allowed me an easy pass and now I set about to chase down my teammate Dnns84. Now I was following my teammate for many laps comfortably just within striking distance as he had just about equal pace as I. My microphone was turned off so I could not relay to him not to worry about me since both of us had a good margin to those behind. Somehow I think he knew he could trust me as I have never done a Banzai pass all this time and.....Well, he is my teammate. Just looking out for the team. As we were finishing Lap 13, I saw that we were closing up to someone whom I did not know was for position or backmarker, and thinking I did not want to waste a precious second or more that I decided on the fly to pit then. A couple of competitors went by while I was in the pit but I did to worry just yet because their gap was big enough that I should be in front when they pit. My teammate made a pit stop several laps later than I and managed to increase the gap about a couple of seconds. Somehow I was able to shorten this gap until I was right behind him and I stayed there for so many laps until the time he had a small bobble which allowed me the opportunity to pass. Right before my pass on teammate, I had noticed Paciaman behind me but I believed he had trouble with his tires and I relayed the message to my teammate now that I had my microphone turned on while in the pits. With several laps to go I noticed that proben55 had managed to pass my teammate so I began to monitor the gap and he was getting closer! Once proven55 got on my transmission, it took several laps for him to finally execute a pass on me right on the front straight after the kink and before the turn. I tried to stay with him but he was increasing his gap slightly but I did not want to give him any rest so I muster all concentration to let him know I would be ready to pounce at the slightest mistake and it happened.......On the last chicane of the penultimate lap, he pissed off PCars Whiting and received an instantaneous 5 second throttle delay. After I made the chicane and under full acceleration, suddenly I noticed that he was nearly immobile so I had no choice but to take to the grass; otherwise my race and his would have finished in tears. Now I noticed that Paciaman was behind but at a comfortable gap that there was no way for him to catch up on the last lap so I finished in 2nd!!!!!!!! I must thank my teammate who made it difficult for as long as he could to keep proven55 and Paciaman at a safe distance from me. Thanks Dnns84.

We celebrated well into the night having earned a great haul of points for the team. I was going to drink my usual XX Beer but decided for Heinekens. Word got to the XX Corporate that they threaten to offer a Sponsor contract to our race winner GZR_SCClockDr so they could feature him in the "Most interesting Man in the World" commercials. They figure he is a winner and with a little bit of beard, he would look the part.

The above is all in good fun fellows.!! Now we turn our attention for next race at Snetterton 300. We have began to test some cars on Mondays 8PM London time; Last Monday we tested the Formula Gulf and we had a blast. Next we are testing the LMP1 so if you want to participate with us, please send us a message to lmntr, Skanda-Five or Dnns84 here or at PSN Messenger. See you guys on track!
    Last edited by lmntr; 10-04-2017 at 00:44.
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T100, PLa Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at www.10tenths.net

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Here is my Imola after action report.

PRACTICE:
    I apologize for the wrong livery, on entry to the lobby, I went to the garage as usual, changed the livery to #12 as it was different.
    On initial start I was laying down a couple of 1:27's with a full fuel load less a few laps. After pittting for 4 new Yiros my times started to improve after several lackluster rounds trying to get coordinated. I achieved several 1:27's later in this stint swapping P1 with proben55. I pitted again on lap 24 for a qualy set of rubber and set my session best of 1:26.474, proben55 bested me with a 1:26.371, well done sir!

QUALIFICATION:
    The session started out as a routine Qual with some pretty sporty times being set by proben55, Paciaman, Wally & myself as I recall. P1 changed hands several times. The 1:25.715 set by proben55 & 1:25.840 by Paciaman proved too stout for me to challenge. I did manage a 1:26.854 to slip into P3 with Wally close behind.

RACE:
    I got off to a decent (for me) start 5th through Tamburello. I was looking to settle in at this point and pass my way up to 3rd or 4th after a few good laps. On to Villeneuve, tire smoke in the distance, 2 cars off to the left, P3 wow. Rounded Tosa close behind The_Bag up the hill getting along side eased around Piratella & hammer down for the dramatic outside flying pass into Acgue Minerale. I'm feeling in the groove now, P2. Now to lay down some good clean laps to whittle away at r_valley's 3 sec lead. This proved to be some slow work at a torrid pace for the remainder of lap 1, 2 into 3. I was gaining in the back then losing a bit in the front but gaining overall. Then exiting Piratella it appears sadly r_wally missed a shift and boom I'm in the lead. The remaining race was rather bland just working to hit my marks and safely pass any back markers I encountered. Pitted on lap 12 dropping to P3. Advanced to P2 next lap, passing r_wally as he pitted. As I approached the pit entry on lap 14 The_Bag apparently disconnected, what a shame, P1 again through the rest of the race. During the event I thought The_Bag pitted watching the video revealed he was dropped.

I enjoyed this track and event though I missed out on a possibly epic dual had the servers behaved.

https://youtu.be/6GvUogYvZM0

On to Snetterton.
    Regards
    George

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    The Imola race from my POV. As usual the replay is bugged with missing cars and cars just standing on the grid. Almost had an incident in the first corner (my mistake), but luckily we just touched wheels and we didn't sustain damage. However I did think my move was a bit too much so I let go of the throttle to let 1 driver by and went on.
    Great fun racing very closely with lmntr, my teammate and when the time came, I managed to hold up the 2 drivers (2 of the fastest in the league), who were in full pursuit mode, to give lmntr a gap which turned out to be just enough. I finished in 5th, which was where I hoped to be before the race. But we certainly scored some good points for the team championship.

Platform
    PS4
    We have began testing cars for the next season with test taking place on Mondays starting on 8 PM UK with an hour practice to iron out your set up and have a decent practice time to familiarize with the track and car. This way you have a better chance to make the right impression. This will be followed by a 15 min qualifying and 5 mins warm up sessions and then the 18 Laps race. Our normal racing takes place on Thursdays at the same time. We have already tested the Formula Gulf and this past Monday the LMP1. For this upcoming Monday, Apr 17th, we will test the Formula Rookie at Azure ! Usually we have the test sessions in a public lobby but Azure will probably have to be a private as I am afraid of what it is likely to happen with the random driver out there. Still, our doors are open and if you consider yourself a serious and proper racer with the correct attitude to racing, send us a message here or on the PSN Messenger to Skanda-Five, Dnns84 or myself if you would like to join us . Take care and hope to hear from you and see you on track.

Platform
    PS4
    Congratulations are in order to proben55 on his second win of the season! Also, great achievement to GZR_SCClockDr on his 2nd Place finish and well.....I came in 3rd! So happy of the results!

Race Report: I qualified a satisfying 4th Place and was thankful of my team tweaking the set up ever-so-slightly each race to finally have something I can push with some confidence. My race started well as I had practiced a few starts and it helped get me a solid start, I watched my mirrors, which I can see more of, thanks to my new seating position, and saw that the fellows behind were driving conservatively into the first turn and thus, I could just relax and concentrate on my line thankfully. Just after turn 1, I saw a cloud of dust and a car bounced across the track from left to right and watched it carefully to ensure it was not coming back and it did not, in fact I never got off the accelerator. I managed to stay close to proben55 and r_whalley89 in front of me for a couple of laps and then my eyesight began to vibrate violently and could hardly see where they were so I just followed at a safe distance. My engineer yelled that the back of my helmet was hitting the roll bar so I needed to use my neck muscles to push my head forward during hard acceleration. ( Actually, I had lag. The vibrating eyesight actually happened during my run at Road America while driving a Skip Barber Formula Dodge.). The vibration was so bad that I lost my way slightly and my 3rd Place to GZR_SCClcokDr, this put me in the clutches of my teammate for a while but I managed to build a slight gap. I tried getting closer to Clock but he was marginally faster and he slowly but surely started to build a gap. He had a moment once because the gap dropped suddenly but he recovered. I knew it was going to be difficult if not impossible to pass him and my only hope was a mistake on his part. On lap 12, Clock made a pass on whalley and then I managed to do the same on the next lap when he went wide on the last turn. I made a pit stop at the end of Lap 13 and pulled out still in front of whalley but behind Clock so again, I just concentrated on the cleanest laps and all three of us were making similar pace and I just could not shake whalley as he was always within striking distance. Around Lap 21, I caught up with Skanda and he let me by on Turn 2, and I made my tight line as I had practiced over and over in case I needed it. A couple of laps later I encountered USS_Nautilus and he let me by on the front straight. We continued to hold station and that is the way we finished with me in 3rd Place!!!:grin: Yohoooo! Another podium!

We celebrated until we could not keep our eyes open courtesy of "Dos Equis" They have relented on their threat after I convinced them I could grow a beard and try to look distinguished for the commercials.

Well, now I look to next week with a little apprehension as it is Azure of all places. ! with so many blind turns not knowing to expect a car sideways it could be almost anyone's race. Let's hope no crazy incidents occur. See you guys next week!!

The video below is from today's race while using the helmet view.

Last edited by lmntr; 14-04-2017 at 19:29.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    10Tenths Racing League 11th race @ Azure Circuit 4/20/2017 after action report.

Yesterday's mock race was one of my worst displays of driving skills in some time. So I arrived at the track pretty dejected praying for God's guidance to avoid disaster.

I headed out onto the track for the practice session and cruised through 2 laps warming tires, driving very conservatively. Lap 2 was a 1:24.xxx not bad far a warm-up lap. I went through 95% of the first stint damage free. Then a moderate touch with minimal damage. Pitted, the second stint was a bit scruffy with more minor damage than in the first. But I managed 1:21.xxx not the fastest but OK.

QUALIFYING
    Managed to place second between r_walley & proben55. I returned to the garage a bit early as my confidence was far better than at the start.

RACE
    I got a decent start but proben55 blasted by and he and r_walley entered Saint Dévote side by side, proben55 got a better exit and they headed up Beau Rivage nose to trail. I decided to hang back a few car lengths to see what might develop. It did not take long. Proben55 nosed into the outside wall exiting the Grand Hotel Hairpin, r_walley could not avoid. The contact moved both cars to the right providing enough room to squeeze by on the left. I asked if there would be a RED flag, there would not!
    Wow in the lead but could I keep it. I managed to make it to lap 11 damage free with several wall touches, He appeared to indeed be with me. I finally received some minor damage on lap 12 and more in lap 14. I pitted on 14 and dropped to second. The_bag pitted next lap, back to P1. This is amazing to me. By the close of lap 16 I'm seeing a 33 second lead. Can I hold on, not crash and keep up the pace. Somewhere around lap 20 my crew chief complained something was going bad in the brake department. I noted the fronts were cool the rears were in the high 800's C. So I backed off for several laps allowing r_walley to close the gap significantly. Then it happened, Lap 28, I shaved the Nouvelle Chicane exit a bit too close. That put me wide and into the runoff area to the right. Dang! Checked the track backed up and continued on with moderate damage & losing a bunch of time but still in the lead, though several back markers got by. I had a few hundred meters to assess the effect of the damage. I pronounced it drivable caution would be needed though as it was quite twitchy under power on the turbo. Only 11 seconds to the good and laps to go. Would it make it around the Grand Hairpin? It indeed did, whew! R_walley was gaining fast, could I hang on? Well it held together, the wheels stayed on for P1. Way beyond my expectations.
    Thank you to all drivers I encountered for your courtesy & timely pit entry negating the need to attempt an overtake.
    Congratulations to r_walley89 & proben55 for clawing your way back to podium finishes.

Thank you Lord!

Last edited by SCClockDr; 21-04-2017 at 01:26.
    Regards
    George

Platform
    PS4
    Congratulations to GZR_SCClock on his 3rd win and 5th podium of the season! Tremendous performance indeed! Also, excellent results for r_whalley89 in 2nd and proben55 in 3rd complimenting the podium!

My race report: I knew I had my work cut-out judging by the pace displayed during the hour-long practice. I managed to get 8th Place during qualifying but it did not matter what place I obtained as I was very much worried about the prospect of an Azure start!
    My fears were unfounded given that the start went without a hitch so my compliments go to the whole grid for an stupendous, skillful and yet uneventful miraculous start. So proud of you fellows. On Lap 1, I encountered a sudden bottleneck in the second turn of the four turn sequence before the tunnel entrance so I gradually slammed (I know, an oxymoron, but true) on the brakes in an attempt to elongate my braking to give time for the competitor behind to stop completely, I shouted in to the microphone warning those still to appear and it worked but still, I heard revving up behind me a felt a small tap; thankfully there was no damage and I took off somehow now in 6th Place. I noticed Roundrocket behind me always on the hunt and I managed to keep him there for so many laps while encountering a couple of back markers and a couple of minor scrapes with the wall. As we got closer to the half-way mark I took time to analyze the gaps around me and saw whalley in 3rd some 14 seconds up ahead while having Roundrocket just behind in 5th less than a second for what felt like an eternity. I thought given the pace of the fellows in front my best hope was most likely 4th or 5th since I could not shake rocket and most likely he would use his pace once given the opportunity. And then it happened......on Lap 13, I made a mistake that induced oversteer and was hit by rocket since he was so close and my car suffered damage; I had no choice but to make an early pit stop. I went in and the repairs took altogether about a minute and little bit more then 30 seconds then my usual. This would come back to haunt me later. I pulled out of the pits in 7th Place now, so I notice chaospunx82 up in 6th with plenty of gap. So I just put everything out of my mind and concentrated in finishing cleanly. Around Lap 21, to my surprise, chaos made a pit stop after loosing half his gap and I figured he is getting fresh tires and would be a threat in the latter stage of the race. He was now about 14 seconds behind and I was in 6th. I knew he was faster and sure enough his gap kept diminishing every lap but I still thought I had enough of a gap that he was not getting to me even if he was 2 seconds a lap faster but then I noticed someone getting closer rapidly and it was not chaos, great I was about to receive a blue flag soon on this track of all places where rhythm is everything and yes, when the blue flag was waived I slowed down and pull to the side in the front straight and it cost me dearly. Now chaospunx82 was a lot closer than I wanted. He got closer and soon was at my transmission with still enough laps to pressure me into a mistake. Now, I mustered the utmost concentration and went for it in an effort to try to keep him behind and that is where I stayed until the end of the race. In 6th Place. So happy considering my earlier mishap. Given the exhausting nature of this track I decided to skip the celebrations and just sit quietly with eyes closed for awhile. My mind felt like a PC that was running out of RAM and needed a rest.

And now, We are racing next in the iconic Spa Francorchamps!!! See you fellows next week.

Last edited by lmntr; 22-04-2017 at 21:12.

Platform
    PS4
    Congratulations to Paciaman, Our Formula B Champion. Excellent Performance all season long!

Great results even in today's podium with Paciaman in 1st! proben55 in 2nd and GZR-SCClockDr in 3rd Place. Wonderful performance indeed!

My race report. I knew it was going to be tough to duplicate my pace during practice to qualify better than I did. I managed 9th Place. Considering the pace of my nearest competitor I could have only hope maybe 7th ! These guys are fast!
    My start was okay and I saw some movement in front so I had my car in full throttle when I noticed Skanda in front of me seemingly standing still, I slammed on my brakes but I slid into the back of him. In turned out that he had to stop due to SSClockDr standing with transmission trouble and thus, could not find 1st gear. My race was compromised already given that my car had suffered front wing and steering damage and I already was running a low downforce set up. I dropped to 11th if my mind serves me right right behind Skanda. I made a pit stop to repair the damage and noticed that Skanda had done the same. We ran together all race long separated by several seconds. Our positions advanced due to other driver mishaps and later we were running 6th and 7th. After our mid-race pit stop, Skanda was still in front several seconds and then I decided to concentrate and try to reduce this gap and it worked somehow. I managed to get close so I started to study where he was pulling away and where I would catch up. So I decided to concentrate and try to get right up his transmission on the last turn and even though he would pull first I knew the run was long to Kemmel Straight and with my low downforce I would catch up and it happened. I managed to do my pass and I must say he fought me very cleanly after. And that is where I finished in 6th Place. It has been a wonderful experience driving with a great bunch of drivers. I hope we can do it all again sometime soon!

We have already been testing cars for the upcoming season which include: Formula Gulf, Formula Rookie, Renault 3.5 and Formula C. The 10tenths.net League membership is voting on the car and soon there will be an announcement. We hope to meet new drivers as we embark on another and rewarding season. Please look through the website as we feel we have a very good product where everyone is always within reach of the others during the championship. In fact, our champion was crowned on the last race! I am looking forward on meeting you in our upcoming Social Races.