Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: 10tenths.net Racing League - Formula Master Season - August 17th

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Today, 8PM UK the lobby will open. Look for the Formula B race on Imola hosted by me (Dnns84).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Great racing today! Everyone was giving each other space and a lot of close battles were being fought without incidents, pretty special for a public lobby.
    I was driving pretty badly, making a lot of stupid mistakes due to a lack of focus I guess, so I decided to take a gamble: no pitstop. The last couple of laps my tires were pretty much entirely gone and it was like driving on slicks in the rain, but I did manage to finish in a very nice 2nd place with just 3 seconds or so ahead of 3rd, 1 more lap and he would have overtaken me.
    Anyhoo: our season starts next Thursday and there are still a few open spots on the grid, so if you'd like to race with us, just sign up at www.10tenths.net

Platform
    PS4
    Excellent racing today! Everyone was very respectful of their lines and in a public lobby! I made a mistake early in the race that dropped me a few places. I was really held in my first stint slightly by USS-Nautilus, who was displaying very consistent laps and making it difficult to execute a clean pass. This allowed others to threaten consistently forcing me to defend and drop back. Decided to go for a stopper instead of loading up with fuel and keeping the tires as I usually do, this kept me further back than I wanted. I finished in 9th Place and I already feel the pressure based on the pace I saw today. We already have a confirmed new driver! Thank you very much. Hopefully all the other new drivers decide to join and from the comments made after the race, everyone was appreciative that there were no crazy incidents and this driving a Formula car!!!

So anyway, there are 4 seats available and the season starts in a week. Check out our website and join us!
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T100, PLa Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at www.10tenths.net

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    https://youtu.be/mfDBaneLiUA

Round one of the new Formula B championship. If you fancy taking part click on the link to find out more http://10tenths.net/index.php

Platform
    PS4
    Even though the season already has started, we are still accepting new drivers that are looking for friendly and competitive racing. Just join us in the Wednesday 8 PM private session that includes 1 hour of practice. This way you can see for yourselve if this is what you really want. You will have a chance to experience what we are all about and to take the car through the paces in a friendly environment. We are confident that if you come in with the correct approach to racing, you will appreciate and enjoy enough to stay with us. If you want to join or just have a chance to see what is all about, send me (lmntr), Skanda-Five or Dnns84, a message that you want to do some practice with us. Take care and hope to see you on track.

Today's race will take place at the Catalunya GP and will start in the rain. We will start the race in single file after a reconnaissance lap due to the conditions that create blinding rooster tails and then go for it as in the real formula races.

To watch the races, look for whalley89 or GTP Geezers Club, as they usually stream live!
    Last edited by lmntr; 16-02-2017 at 15:23.
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T100, PLa Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at www.10tenths.net

Platform
    PS4
    We had a very exciting and excruciating race in the rain. We started in heavy rain with a parade lap behind the imaginary pace car only to damage my car and having to pit for repairs while the whole grid got away. I made my repairs and made the most of my wet tires and took a lesson from Schumacher. Remember when he used to keep the rain tires too long into a drying track? by the time the track was getting dry, his rain tires were turning into slicks. I kept my slick rain tires until I calculated I was not getting anymore from them and then made my pit stop for fresh slicks. I managed to get back in 7th Place after a disastrous start. I am very pleased with all the levels of skillsets from our drivers from the resident aliens to the middle group to the consistent drivers at the back. We still need about 4 drivers and you will be sure to find someone to fight with as it is turning out to be. We will be doing our private practice on Wednesdays 8 PM London time so if you are interested in joining us, be sure to send a message. You can learn all about us in our website. See my signature. Thanks.

Platform
    PS4
    Today promises to be quite an exciting race. I have a hunch that by nature of Sakitto, most of us will be bunched up within a second, except for the resident aliens that have already posted a time that is "alien by up to 2 seconds. See you guys there!

Platform
    PS4
    My race report for today's race at Sakitto GP.

I managed to qualify in 8th Place and had a great start that allowed me to bring it up to 4th Place or so right after turn 1. Soon, I felt the pressure from SCClockDr for so many laps and always at a fraction of a second behind me ready to pounce. I had to really concentrate in the 'spoon curves" since I noticed that his car would handle extraordinarily well there and I had to place my car just right so that he would not get along side me. I saved my kers for the front straight as I had already worked out my gearing and it was going to be difficult for anyone to pass me there. At the end, I got a slight tap from Clock that my car had a slight off center steering but still did not present much of a problem. In the latter stage of the first stint I started to be hounded by Nautilus who appeared to be having trouble passing me probably because of worn out tires? I made my pit stop entrance in front of Nautilus but I knew my crew would have to repair my suspension damage and this allowed Nautilus to pull out right in front of me. I was going to give it a good try staying right behind him and then I noticed soon after the pit exit that he had a moment in one of the turns that allow me to pass him. Now, I watched for him intently to gauge what the pressure was going to be like and he seemed to drop a little initially but then I saw him get composure and settle into a good rhythm and he began to pounce relentlessly. I knew I was in trouble when I saw his speed in the fast section. It only took a couple of laps for him to get next to me on the front straight and was still accelerating! I pushed him to near the end and I thought to myself he has earned this pass so there is no need for me to mess it up for the two of us so I tucked in behind him. I settled in 4th Place but still kept it because I knew that both whalley and Nautilus were going to fight it out and maybe just maybe, they were going to slow each other. Well, something happened and I managed to get closer to them momentarily in the penultimate lap; I gave it my all but then I saw whalley flicker momentarily and appear on a different place on the track a couple of times, so I told myself that unless I had a clear way pass I would just stay behind at a safe distance and that is where I finished, in 4th Place!!! And now we are getting ready for Oulton Park International next !

Platform
    PS4
    This looks good fun. Would be up for this on Thursdays.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingAtHome View Post
    This looks good fun. Would be up for this on Thursdays.
    RacingAtHome, you are certainly welcomed to join us on Thursdays! I am running around today so I will be unavailable most of the day, however I will be reaching out to you over the PSN Messenger later on today.