Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: 10tenths.net Racing League - Formula Master Season - August 17th

Platform
    PS4
    Congratulations to giorjoe on his 2nd Win of the season Dnns84 achieves his best result of 2nd Place so far and you can never overlook The_Bag_ on his 3rd Place finish and consistent podium results. His 6th podium of the season?

Nurburging Race report:

My crew forgot to drain the excess fuel for qualifying and I could not find an open road to get my qualifying laps without interfering someone. Later my team were in a rush to get me out in an open area of the road so I really only got one lap to qualify as I only got 2 laps in with the lower fuel. Oh well, I qualified in 12th Position. Now came the fun part!
    My start was good and I managed to pass 2 but then I encounter commotion in Turn 1 and had to slow down cautiously for Pexy's upside-down car. I had to do it all again a couple of turns later as I encountered tarbz sideways nearly stopped on the road and had to slam on the brakes. Later in the lap, legacy went off road and I just managed to squeeze by and now I was in 10th from 12th. I feel sorry for Pexy as the corner workers were new and not to brawny as they were unable to upright Pexy’s car no matter how hard they tried. Great! Now I had legacy all over me for an eternity ( 9 Laps ) exerting tremendous pressure and I just took a little too much of Turn 8 to get my wheels in the kitty litter and I did not want to just turn back on the road in his path so he went by. He started to pull away and soon passed both Jod and Roundrocket and now rocket was my target. I pushed just enough to close the gap and after the pit cycle, roundrocket was just ahead of me. I continue to pressure and get closer and he finally overcooked his tires just after Turn 7 on Lap 18 which gave me 8th Place. Up ahead about 6 seconds was Zebulin99 so I continue to push and for the next laps I lost some and gained some but then about 2 or 3 laps from the end I began to reel him in and thought he must be having problem with his tires and smelled my opportunity. Sure enough I managed to get right at his transmission and it was not to be. I finished in 8th Place. I needed the proverbial “just one more lap” to try to get it done but no cigar.

Here is the link to my race if you want to see it full screen. Helmet view and no assists used.
    https://youtu.be/jNDtO_2_R9w

PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T100, PLa Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at www.10tenths.net

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Platform
    PS4
    Our current Formula Gulf season is about to end and the new PCars2 is being released in about 7 weeks after that. So we came up with a season using Formula cars In 6 races which it makes it fitting to call it the Formula Master Season. Please look at the first post of this thread for more information.

Link to first post:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...55#post1032355
    Last edited by lmntr; 08-08-2017 at 19:28.
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T100, PLa Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at www.10tenths.net
    The following user likes this Post: Dnns84

Platform
    PS4
    10 seats are already taken for the Formula Master Season. Be sure to reserve yours!

Here is the link to the sign up, however it is advisable to browse through the different topics being discussed including the new season settings. http://10tenths.net/index.php/topic,502.0.html

http://10tenths.net
    The following user likes this Post: Dnns84

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	promo.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	239422

Sign-up is open now: http://10tenths.net/index.php/topic,502.0.html

Please read about the settings for the season and our rules before signing up, this way nobody will be disappointed
    Every lobby will start at 8pm UK time with 1 hour of optional practice. At 9pm UK qualification starts (15min) followed by a 5min warm-up and the race (about 40min).

17-Aug | Spa-Francorchamps | Formula A | 23 laps

24-Aug | Monza | Formula B | 27 laps

31-Aug | Imola | Formula C | 25 laps

7-Sep | Barcelona GP | Formula Renault 3.5 | 28 laps

14-Sep | Brands Hatch Indy | Formula Rookie | 50 laps

21-Sep | Road America | Indy Car | 23 laps
    Last edited by Dnns84; 09-08-2017 at 14:44.

Platform
    PS4
    Congratulations to giorjoe on his winnnnnn! Also, congratulations to r-whalley on his 2nd Place result and his Formula Gulf Championship! Excellent results also to Dnns84 on his 3rd Place finish. Great work !

Race Report:

I “only” managed to qualify in 11th Place despite having been faster during practice but I think I would only have gained just 1 position since everyone got faster! My start was great compared to Pexy123 as he looked momentarily stationary but then I saw in my mirrors a couple of cars getting closer faster! I tried to stay to the outside of turn 1 but maybe I should have got further to the edge as I felt I nudge from someone and dropped to last place. I put that out of my mind and just settled to go after. I advanced all the way up to 6th Place through other drivers’ mishaps. It seemed that Legacy-8 was always right in front of me on and off for so many laps. We went through the pit rotation and who do I see in front of me despite passing him just one lap before my pit? You guessed it1. Legacy! Later, I think both legacy and dnns84 got into an incident because now I was in 4th behind The_Bag and somehow I was catching him.! Well, he bounced off the curbing on Turn 1 and momentarily lost momentum and because I was right at his transmission, I decelerated so suddenly that my car went into a fishtail I went off road. I was now back to 5th with no other but legacy again right in front. I tried to induce a mistake since I saw he was having trouble with his tires and I was slightly faster but it did not work. He held on to 4th and I finished with the same view of him throughout the race. Well fought!!

My crew chief came up with a set up change that got me going faster. You see what a threat of replacement does for some people! They suddenly get creative and come up with results. He got to keep his job for the Formula Master Season.!

Here is the link if you want to watch it full screen.
    https://youtu.be/tZZkhJ5TWMo

<strong><font color="#800080">

Don’t forget to check us out to find out more details on our Formula Master opening on the 17th.

www.10tenths.net

11 seats are already taken. In addition, 2 are signed as reserves.
    Last edited by lmntr; 11-08-2017 at 00:19.

Platform
    PS4
    We have already started the Formula Master “Maestro” season where we will use 6 different formula cars in historic tracks. We will drop one of the results so there is still a chance to join and be competitive towards the championship. Test your Formula skills and be crowned the “Maestro di corse Formula Automobilistiche”.

ROUND # 1 - FORMULA A - SPA FRANCORCHAMPS.

Congratulations to Pexy123 on his triple achievement of Pole, fastest lap and winnnnnnn! Also complimenting the a hard earned podium is dnns84 on his 3rd Place finish. I managed to finish 2nd!

My Race report: I was having a difficult time putting together a lap and found myself over-driving the car until it finally clicked in with a 4th Place qualifying. My start was good and just about got next to dnns84 in second when I decided to ease off the throttle to tuck in behind him but already 2 other cars were at full tilt and managed to pass me before eau rouge, but then I saw my chance of getting them back to 3rd when they encountered trouble at les combes. I managed to pull a gap slowly to 4th. Dnns84 I believe was in 2nd and I was trying to get to him. I found myself driving very raggedy as if I had urgency to escape from being too close to anyone as I looked at the dynamic map; all were very close together behind me. My low downforce setup and my spongy feeling brakes were of no help. Maybe it is time for my engineer to work on upgrading my brakes!
    My first fight was with giorjoe after following dnns into eau rouge and getting both out of bounds and getting the 5 seconds delay allowing giorjoe by. Both giorjoe and I were fighting a couple of laps later and then he had a bobble right before the kink which affected my drs rhythm ending up activating it back on right at the kink with resulting loss of control. Good thing I did not hit anything. He re-passed me but promptly entered pit road right after and now dnns84 was behind me and close enough to make a good pass on the last turn. Now I was following dnns84 all the way until he made his scheduled pit stop and so I did on the next. I came out right in front but this time I wanted to make it difficult so I concentrated and was helped by his mistake to give me a nice gap. I kept 2nd for the remainder of the race. I spun once more when a backmarker lost it right before eau rouge when I lost my drs rhythm as I went next to him looking back at me. The racing gods were with me as I did not get damage so I continued on to the end.

Next week we will use the Formula B at Monza. If you have the skills and most important, the right approach to racing, you can join us for a serious season that will challenge you along side like-drivers. Check it out at www.10tenths.net. There is still time!

Here is the link if you want to watch it in full screen:
    https://youtu.be/TM0aoEcmOPo

Last edited by lmntr; 18-08-2017 at 12:03.

Platform
    PS4
    ROUND # 2 - FORMULA B - MONZA

Congratulations to giorjoe on pole position and winnnn! Very close performance that kept giorjoe on his toes was the 2nd Place result of proben55 who was catching giorjoe on the last laps. And of course, excellent performance once again from Dnns84 on his 3rd Place result!

I qualified in 6th Place which was everything on the table. My start was good but Dnns84 and Jac-1234 had a better run on me on to the first chicane which did the job of a bottle neck but we all made it through with some minor scrapes. I had a small bobble there which enabled r_whalley89 to also make his pass so now I was in 9th. I was trying to get a handle on my race craft as I remember the first race was a fast but ragged performance on the first laps. By the end of Lap 1 I was watching the fellows behind being led by TonyGuido, as I followed all of us bunched up so I decided to see if I could pull a gap to those behind by just getting the draft of the fellows in front. Well, I guess they were in process to finding their rhythm that now they were slowing me a little with now legacy-8 who suddenly was making his presence felt. Okay, it is lap 3 now and I have to concentrate because I know it is going to take everything just to keep legacy-8 behind and any of the fellows in front of me if I am lucky to pass them. So, I cleaned my mind of any urgency and just set about to make my most perfect laps ever and it worked. By LaP 6 I had managed to pull a couple of seconds and now I was threatening chaospunx82 and r_2whally89 a few laps later. Soon they were fighting each other and slowing themselves enough for me to finally pass. JAC-1234 was much further ahead and I knew I would not be able to catch him unless he made a mistake so I just concentrated and maximized my pace keeping whoever was behind me at bay. Later, JAC made a mistake around lap 23 and now he was within striking distance. I managed to pass him about one lap later so I had to really dig in and find a way to keep him behind me which was not easy, but I had practice all race long from the other fellows in the previous laps. I was in the "zone" or "tunnel". In fact I feel this was one of my best race but no one would ever know it because of where I finished; in 6th Place. Any way, I am drenched but very happy !

Here is my video link for full screen: https://youtu.be/svLHUQ2WYpk

See you fellows next at Imola, this time with a Formula C.
    Last edited by lmntr; 25-08-2017 at 01:44.