Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 10tenths.net Racing League - Formula Master Season - August 17th

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpaw11 View Post
    Anyone else having problems to get the car around the sharp bends at monaco? I have to turn the wheel almost 180 degrees. No time for that while racing. I tried to recalibrate after patch 4.0 with no result.

Anyone else?
    T300 RS has a Rotation angle adjustable from 270 to 1080 degrees.

Have you tried to adjust with this feature ?

Default is at 1080 and you can adjust it in 5 steps down to 270. If you’re not sure how to do that, you press the D pad to the left or right and the mode button at the same time. To the left to go lower, to the right to go higher. If you go to the right while at 1080, it just cycles back to 270.
    Last edited by kingfuzz; 19-09-2015 at 00:41.

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by lmntr View Post
    I have not even tried it yet, but Steering Ratio setting to a lower number comes to mind. I have no idea how twichy this will make it for the straights (As if Azure has straights). I might have lots of trouble, since I have not been able to dial out straight line twitchiness out of wheel as you can see in the video. It is so sensitive for me.
    Try dropping your steering sensitivity down to 25.

Steering Deadzone: 0
    Last edited by kingfuzz; 19-09-2015 at 00:43.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfuzz View Post
    T300 RS has a Rotation angle adjustable from 270 to 1080 degrees.

Have you tried to adjust with this feature ?

Default is at 1080 and you can adjust it in 5 steps down to 270. If you’re not sure how to do that, you press the D pad to the left or right and the mode button at the same time. To the left to go lower, to the right to go higher. If you go to the right while at 1080, it just cycles back to 270.
    That is a good advice, i'll try that for sure. Thumbs up!

I've read of another workaround and that is to adjust the steering ratio in the garage instead of in the pit.
    Strange thing though, that i easily can make it through the hairpin at imola, or any track, with turning the wheel 90 degrees while a hairpin at monaco demands a 220 degree turn on the wheel.

...to be continued..

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfuzz View Post
    Try dropping your steering sensitivity down to 25.

Steering Deadzone: 0
    Yes, it is time to try to do something about. I will be doing that afer I come back today from going out with the wife.

Platform
    PS4
    The twitchy feel in the high speed straights is nearly gone when adjusting the steering sensitivity down to 25 as suggested, I will try even lower. Thanks. As far as practicing Azure, I am still trying to get more adhesion on the front end. The low downforce set ups I like so much do not wok in Azure so I am experimenting with higher downforce. It should be okay since it is difficult to pass there, it is my trademark defense in other tracks. The only other thing I do not like is the ease of going out of bounds at pit exit with its mandatory 5 seconds throttle delay penalty during the race. So if you are behind me at pit exit, expect me to go veeeeery slow so as not to even touch the white line.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The twitchy feel in the high speed straights is nearly gone when adjusting the steering sensitivity down to 25 as suggested, I will try even lower. Thanks. As far as practicing Azure, I am still trying to get more adhesion on the front end. The low downforce set ups I like so much do not wok in Azure so I am experimenting with higher downforce. It should be okay since it is difficult to pass there, it is my trademark defense in other tracks. The only other thing I do not like is the ease of going out of bounds at pit exit with its mandatory 5 seconds throttle delay penalty during the race. So if you are behind me at pit exit, expect me to go veeeeery slow so as not to even touch the white line.
    I seem to get a penalty no matter what pace i carry even though im inside the white line. The only time i'm not getting a penalty is when i directly cross the white line out of the pits, strangely enough.

Another strange thing is my wheel post-patch. I have to calibrate the wheel every time i turn on my ps4. Im mostly fiddling with the wheel/ffb setup instead of practising atm. And when practising, im mostly hitting the walls :-)

Not aspiring for a victory on thursday.

Platform
    PS4
    I found that the racing line had turned itself on after I uploaded the PCars update and since I was short on time, I did not bother to turn it off until after my practice. By leaving the racing line on, I found out that in order to avoid the 5 second penalty coming out of the pits, the game erroneously will have you go into the racing line and make the first right turn on the left side of the curb!! right in the path of the cars on the track!! So for our race on Thursday, We will have to make room if we have a car on track and a car exiting the pits at the same time. You do not want to do a Hulkenberg as he did on Massa in Singapore and viceversa. The car at speed will have to take the left side and car exiting will have to take the right side. Tigerpaw11, you might be hitting the walls but you are blindingly fast when you are in rhythm! I saw your time at time trials and have no chance against you. I will just have to take it easy and concentrate on consistency rather than outright speed. You know those walls are very costly having you pit for damage. I am still struggling for pace and will be easy pickings for the others. Hopefully, I still will have time finding the magical set up.
    Last edited by lmntr; 23-09-2015 at 02:54.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I found that the racing line had turned itself on after I uploaded the PCars update and since I was short on time, I did not bother to turn it off until after my practice. By leaving the racing line on, I found out that in order to avoid the 5 second penalty coming out of the pits, the game erroneously will have you go into the racing line and make the first right turn on the left side of the curb!! right in the path of the cars on the track!! So for our race on Thursday, We will have to make room if we have a car on track and a car exiting the pits at the same time. You do not want to do a Hulkenberg as he did on Massa in Singapore and viceversa. The car at speed will have to take the left side and car exiting will have to take the right side. Tigerpaw11, you might be hitting the walls but you are blindingly fast when you are in rhythm! I saw your time at time trials and have no chance against you. I will just have to take it easy and concentrate on consistency rather than outright speed. You know those walls are very costly having you pit for damage. I am still struggling for pace and will be easy pickings for the others. Hopefully, I still will have time finding the magical set up.
    Nonononono, i set one time in time trial, which doesnt count as race pace, especially on this track, but in a 39 lap race the pace will have to be much slower to have a chance to make it to the finish line. As you said, consistency is key here. And not hitting the walls :-)

Yeah, i noticed that racing line were on. I havent figured out why they dont put that in as an assist.
    Sounds a bit dangerous too drive directly out on track, as it isin the braking zone, but i guess that could work if the traffic on track has right of line or whats it called..

Platform
    PS4
    Azure was not a memorable race at least for me. I qualified 4th and finished in 3rd Position. My intent was to pit only once, but it all unravaled due to a fundamental miscalculation and I ended up making more than my fair share of pits stops. At the end, about 3 laps to go when it started raining, I said to myself, what the heck, I might as well experiment with intermediates. Not wishing KingFuzz69 any ill, I thought maybe he will hit the wall on his slicks. Very close to the end with KingFuzz right behind me, I made my impression of a pingball with the corner guard at the turn before pit entry; I had done the deed instead. Because of it, KingFuzz69 and I had contact and I proceeded to move out of the way. Huge congratulations with all fanfares and accolades go to le-Coq74 on his first and well earned win!! And now, onwards to our next race at the Buggatti circuit. I will be taking a short flight from Nice, France to Anger, France. then take a short ride on taxi to the Hotel Premiere Classe Le Mans, where I will take a much needed rest and relax until Thursday. Please see the first post of thread for all the race information. Relax guys, I am okay and well grounded. The far-out comments made are in fun and it was something we used to do in my old league.
    Last edited by lmntr; 25-09-2015 at 00:20.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: kingfuzz, tigerpaw11

Kart Driver

What a race!!!

Congrats!!.... to le-coq74 on his first win...and lmntr P3

Race Strategy :39 laps of praying to the Race Gods.

Pitted lap 15 Medium tires & fuel.
    Last edited by kingfuzz; 25-09-2015 at 03:37.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: lmntr, tigerpaw11