Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: 10tenths.net Racing League - Formula Master Season - August 17th

Platform
    PS4
    I have managable tire wear it is not really an issue. I am opting for a lower downforce set up. I have done some changes to my set up that have made the handling more to my liking. I do not have to worry about fuel just yet, maybe I will as I get a little faster with more practice.
    Last edited by lmntr; 31-10-2016 at 17:29.
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T150, SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at https://discord.gg/cQqsVfc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by lmntr View Post
    I did my practice yesterday and I thought I saw quite many Rambo signs from fans that made the short trip from Canada!
    Ah so that was what Rambo was doing today, saying hello to fans. But I would suggest you keep a bit more distance from your fans, they can perfectly see you on the track, you don't have to drive into the stands to greet them.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnns84 View Post
    Ah so that was what Rambo was doing today, saying hello to fans. But I would suggest you keep a bit more distance from your fans, they can perfectly see you on the track, you don't have to drive into the stands to greet them.
    Lol. This is Indycar. It's a bit more fan friendly than F1. The fans can get up close with the cars and drivers.

Platform
    PS4
    I still remember the now defunct but beloved CART Series. I saw them many times at Road America up close and mechanics working on their cars.....until Bernie conspired with Tony to destroy it. The fool thought that they were going to run the US GP at Indy so many years as part of the deal, but after CART folded, he never came back to run F1 there. The job was done! Bernie saw CART as a genuine threat and wanted to destroy it.
    Last edited by lmntr; 01-11-2016 at 12:30.
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T150, SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at https://discord.gg/cQqsVfc

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    CART was a great series. Thank goodness they merged back with the IRL to form back the Indycar series. The IRL was a joke of a racing series. As much as I love F1 I still think Indycar is the better series for the the fans and for the racing. I would like to see Alonso and Hamilton in Indycar after their F1 careers, especially Alonso. I think he would be the perfect poster boy for Indycar.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Today as usual our league race. Today we will be racing at Road America. 1hour (optional) practice starts at 8pm UK, followed by 15min quali, 5 min warmup and a 14 lap race.

Platform
    PS4
    Race Report: I quaiified in 4th and finished a lucky 3rd Place! My start was very good as I got going immediately after the green lights but I had to reduce acceleration due to HMelvinNo106 having a slightly delayed start. I just was afraid to turn while at full acceleration fearing overwhelming over-steer so I did not, that allowed 2 to pass me right at the start, then I got distracted and I gently started to do a Sainz on Alonso and I nudge someone! so I did the right thing to do, fearing that I had affected his momentum, I let him pass me but someone else tucked in behind him . And then before the lap was finished right after turn 12, otherwise known as "Canada corner", I accelerated a little to briskly that I went into over-steer and I could not recover on time, ending up nudging the tires on the right side and suffered car damage. Now, I had no option but to stop after planning a 'no-stopper". I came out of the pits some 30 seconds behind and told myself to just put it out of my mind and go for it! Well, I started to hunt down and gain positions due to some stopping in the pits and do not know about the others. Things turned out a little interesting as I started seeing all kinds of cars bunching up in the last lap. I was behind Rambo and I think he lost it somehow right after the "kink' before corner 12, otherwise I would have finished in 4th. Very satisfied having recovered after my mishap; I now wondered how I would have done if I had an event-less race. Maybe next time. Now it is time to celebrate with my team in the camping area of Road America deep into the night while having a few Tecates. And now, I am looking forward to racing at Brno next! See you fellows next week!

Congratulations on his first win of the season to The_Bag_, Also excellent result again to HMelvinNo106 who is proven to be a habitual podium visitor and also happy with my result again!!
    Last edited by lmntr; 05-11-2016 at 01:08.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Today at 8PM UK (Nov. 10th) the 4th race in our championship will start. The race will be 17 laps at the circuit of Brno. As usual we will kick off with an optional 1 hour practice, 15 min quali, 5 min warm up and then the race.

Platform
    PS4
    Race Report:
    I qualified in 3rd and finished in 2nd! I always have in the back of my mind that I do not do such hot starts, so as soon as the lights went out, I was already watching the dyanmic map with one eye as I drove in the the ondulating "S" turn. I noticed Dnns84 nearby threatening to make a pass and all others tucked in behind him. I gave him plenty of room and somehow I managed to keep my position. It was a nail-biter at first as we are all trying to learn our paricular braking points, strenghts and weaknesses all at the same time of racing close together on the first lap. Once I learned which particular area I managed to pull away from the pack behind me, the next time around I paid particular attention in hitting my marks there again and it worked as I managed to pull away from them. I started to push then I remember my tire wear and I had a decision to make all the while trying to stay within striking distance. I decided to take it slightly easy on my tires even though both tk and roundrocket were starting to pull away. And then…foolishly I deviated from my usual approach, I started to experiment with different lines and gear at some corners until going off road at least twice! I watched Dnns84 getting closer with all the pack behind him and said to myself, that was foolish, just stick to what you did and concentrate again! Because of my off-road excursions now bot Tk and rocket were a llittle bit over 10 seconds away and decided to save my tires for the rest of the race I still wanted to stay consistent with Tk but he was so much ahead that I did not want to ruin my tires just to get closer to him, so I just waited for a major mistake and his part that did not happen. At the end I got 2nd Place and I am very pleased! Congratulations to TKFTRD1 on his triple achievement; pole, fastest lap and win . Congratulations are also in order to Roundrocket for his 3rd Place result. Well done!

Now I am relaxing with my Charles Shaw Cabernet Sauvignon while I my team and I celebrate our points haul.
    We still have open seats and do not really mind if you enter after season start so you are welcome to join us. Visit us at www.10tenths.net
    Last edited by lmntr; 11-11-2016 at 01:51.

Platform
    PS4
    That was a superb race. Imola next. There are still seats available if you're looking for close clean racing.
    Optimists live longer than pessimists. Turns out they're both right!