Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast

Thread: 10tenths.net Racing League - Formula Master Season - August 17th

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Inmtr hosted a practice this evening in a public lobby. Here is my video.
    https://youtu.be/gqdA5xGeOkQ
    Regards, George
    PCars GOTY, PCars2 Digital DE, PS4 500G, G29, TB Stealth700 HS, RS Dash, SIM Dashboard, Crew Chief, & Discord Audio Chat.

I started life with nothing & have managed to keep most of it!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: legacy-8, lmntr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Great race, sorry I crashed out lap 6, my son got up so I couldn't continue, would love to race again sometime, you are very quick!
    The following user likes this Post: lmntr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by legacy-8 View Post
    Great race, sorry I crashed out lap 6, my son got up so I couldn't continue, would love to race again sometime, you are very quick!
    Monday 15-05: Watkins Glen short 26 laps

Wednesday 17-05: Dubai Autodrome International 25 laps
    Thursday 18-05: Dubai Autodrome International 25 laps

Monday 22-05: Sakitto National 34 laps.*

Wednesday 24-05: Mockrace for the first race on the calendar (Imola, 22 laps)

These are the 'official' social/promo races we have left before the season starts, so if you're interested: all these lobbies will start at 8pm UK time, so have a look for a FG1000 lobby at that track+time and you can find us. If you'd like to race in the league, we're currently recruiting, just visit www.10tenths.net
    The following 3 users likes this Post: legacy-8, lmntr, SCClockDr

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by legacy-8 View Post
    Same here! Come join us Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday this week. Thanks for the compliment.
    Regards, George
    PCars GOTY, PCars2 Digital DE, PS4 500G, G29, TB Stealth700 HS, RS Dash, SIM Dashboard, Crew Chief, & Discord Audio Chat.

I started life with nothing & have managed to keep most of it!
    The following user likes this Post: legacy-8

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    By the way this is the calendar for the upcoming season:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10_NFG17_CAL.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	237765

We chose on purpose to use the shorter tracks / track variants (apart from 1-2 races) to accommodate the FG1000 and closer racing. The social/promo races we've hosted so far have seen a lot of close racing, so I'm thinking we're going towards a really fun season. The car is one of the easier formula cars to come to grips with and be competitive.

Platform
    PS4
    More than half the grid is already filled. If you want to participate in the Gulf Season, please go to 10tenths.net for more information.
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T150, SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at https://discord.gg/cQqsVfc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Join us this evening/afternoon (8pm UK) for 34 laps at Sakitto National, the last promo-race before our season starts although we might choose to make this Wednesday's practice lobby public as well, depends on how many drivers will participate.
    For today: look for an FG1000 (F4) lobby hosted by me, Dnns84 and join in. No spots can be reserved since the lobby will be public.

Platform
    PS4
    Only 3 full time seats are available. Last chance to join us and check for yourself if this is what you are looking for is tomorrow Wednesday 8 PM UK Time. Send me, Dnns84 or Skanda_Five a message to be included in case we decide to make it private after all.
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T150, SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at https://discord.gg/cQqsVfc

Superkart Pilot Sgt_PussaySniffer's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Nice start to the season guys. Good clean racing :13:

I got lucky with my 2nd place just took advantage of other people's small mistakes. Great battle throughout the race and a pretty tense last few laps.

More testing with this car is needed I think.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Great race guys, really enjoyed this session and am really happy with ending up in 5th.

A little bit about my set up and my race (from my viewpoint)

I use a G29 and H Shifter (in this car I am using the paddle shifters), and no assists. I also run Pcars Dash on Ipad and Iphone to help assist and this means I can race with no hud. I also race from the static cockpit view with no steering wheel (in this Formula gulf, the wheel is still there, just doesn't turn)

Car Set Up
    Although no where near the fastest, I have set my formula gulf up to give excellent grip through the corners without shreading the tyres whilst still maintaining a good top speed. I have my front tyres at 1.02 bar and rears at 0.96 bar. I drop the brake pressure to 95%, lower the car to the lowest ride height setting and make all the springs a touch stiffer, especially the rear. I have the sway bars more towards soft setting, steering ratio at 9:9.1 as it's an open wheeled car and a small rear camber angle to help eliminate drifting/spinning

Practice
    Used most of this time playing with the car settings

Qualifying
    Had a good session, no where near as quick as some of you, but managed a 1:47 then got dropped out of lobby. Eventually came back in after resetting my internet, and just managed a lap of 1:49 which put me in last lol.

Race
    Starting at the back has it's benefits, although slow the pressure is off, the first two laps I stayed tucked up at the rear of the pack witnessing a few mistakes by drivers and gaining a few places. There was a great battle between myself, Rambo and USS-Nautilus on laps 7 through 11 and then on lap 12 these guys pitted together. I decided to stay out, my tyres were still good, I had plenty of fuel as I was using way under my target and I worked out that I could get through the whole race on the same tank. By staying out I had gained a few places and ended up in second. Between laps 13 and 18 I was sat in second behind Zebulin, although his lead was a good steady 12 seconds. During this time I could see a group of drivers gaining on me every lap. My tyres were starting to show their age and the rears were very very hot. These guys were Skanda, The Bag and Senna. They were having a close battle of their own and I felt the pressure when they got close, I made a school boy error at the first corner after the pits and they all took me which put me into 5th. Here is where I stayed and I really started to have to fight at certain parts of the track to keep it on the track! The gap ahead was getting bigger and bigger so it was a case of keeping it steady and settling for 5th. Finally got it over the line. My formula gulf was in perfect cosmetic condition at 100% thanks to a great clean race by all, and the mechanics were at 88%, so It was a pleasure to drive throughout albeit a few edgy laps towards the end thanks to the tyres.

Great race and I look forward to the next!