Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pCARS Dash or similiar support?

Platform
    PS4
    I use the hood view. when I need to I change to in car to check water/oil temps. then I need to cycle though back to hood view. I want a water/oil temp gauge next to the rpm/speedo in hood view

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Once again, yes EA and others have had Apps for data reporting. Difference is that those Apps are not retrieving live-stream data....the latency and hops would be all over the place. Could be utilized (at a cost) for things not to-the-second critical.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzr View Post
    Once again, yes EA and others have had Apps for data reporting. Difference is that those Apps are not retrieving live-stream data....the latency and hops would be all over the place. Could be utilized (at a cost) for things not to-the-second critical.
    Something that if you stop to think isn't critical to the point of not allowing some milliseconds latency. After all it would be mostly for display/reference and would hardly pass the 500ms delay.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    "I always play "looking over the nose" view on my PC SIM rig and use a secondary small display for the gauges. It adds more realism to the experience."
    i have to query how looking over the nose adds more realism to the experience -do you see race drivers sitting on the roof of their cars??
    go in-car and you can see the important gauges
    ps4 pro - playseat challenge - t500rs XVR-Racing (psn community) psnid RSlicker

Platform
    PS4
    would be cool if they implemented the ps vita into a second screen for either dash readings or maybe a touch screen button box of some sort.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ramm21 View Post
    Yes, IRL those race car drivers have a screen just behind their true wheels where you see a virtual wheel and hands moving it.. If there was a view where you could only see the dash, a lot of people would convert to that cockpit view. For me and a lot of other people on here, seeing your wheel and another wheel on the screen feels weird and unrealistic. So to me, a hood view is more "realistic" than a cockpit view, as weird as that sounds.

And I would love for PCARS to have customizable display. They do a limited version- you can hide/view and move things around. What if you could grab the brake and tire telemetry data, add in the speedometer and the race data which appears on the bottom left? That would be (almost) all I need in one display...
    But you can turn off the wheel and driver's hands.
    "The more I practice, the luckier I get"
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, mjemec11

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    +1 for this request as well.
    Consoles need to be on-par with PC. On PC, telemetry often relies on third-party apps / modules / plugins. However, some editors do provide telemetry in an embedded and smart way: they send over network UDP data packets that can be read by telemetry apps (UDP is faster, not needing acknowledge). That's the case for Ubisoft/Ivory Tower "The Crew" on PC for example. All that is needed on the GUI is a checkbox to enable telemetry output, and eventually an @IP field (IP could be also gateway @IP -1 or PS4 @IP +1 , ....)
    But this requires SMS to make it, not the community as this has to go through Sony's approval I guess.
    We can start dreaming.....
    Last edited by vince34750; 23-11-2015 at 12:41.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vince34750 View Post
    +1 for this request as well.
    Consoles need to be on-par with PC. On PC, telemetry often relies on third-party apps / modules / plugins. However, some editors do provide telemetry in an embedded and smart way: they send over network UDP data packets that can be read by telemetry apps (UDP is faster, not needing acknowledge). That's the case for Ubisoft/Ivory Tower "The Crew" on PC for example. All that is needed on the GUI is a checkbox to enable telemetry output, and eventually an @IP field (IP could be also gateway @IP -1 or PS4 @IP +1 , ....)
    But this requires SMS to make it, not the community as this has to go through Sony's approval I guess.
    We can start dreaming.....

sometimes dreaming becomes reality

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-COMPLETE-Companion-app-UDP-streaming
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:to suit | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:100 | Nat DMP :25| Nat FRI: 005|brF:50| F.EFF.INT:100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor, jimmyb_84

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Amazing !!!!!
    So if I got it correctly, it will be in patch 7 on PS4 ??
    The specs are in the first post of the thread ? I'll check on my favorite XSIM board to see about the plugins development then

Many thanks for the link to the thread

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Your not wrong! I cannot wait for this to go live. We just need a definitive list of comparable apps. I keep checking API section but nothing really updated yet.

I'm going to have a go myself but don't hold your breath, I need to read loads and watch YouTube videos, I just want to extract strategy data, my current understanding is it involves witch-craft
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)