Page 2 of 175 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Machine Dojo Modding Team - Projects Discussion

Platform
    PC
    Thought it isnt possible to mod in pCars? Did I miss something?
    Founder Member of RevolutionSimRacing - RSR Website - pCars2 Thread
    Steam: t0daY - YouTube: t0daYtv
    My Pc: Intel i7 2600, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM (2x4GB), Gainward Geforce GTX 760, Kingston SSD 240GB, Windows 10
    My Rig: T300 Racing Base, 599XX EVO Wheel (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro Pedals (with Conical Rubber Mod) & TH8A Shifter

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by t0daY View Post
    Thought it isnt possible to mod in pCars? Did I miss something?
    Oh it is, trust me

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LamboMantisMan23 View Post
    Oh it is, trust me
    And also possible to drive with that in multiplayer? Or just offline mods? The car looks great but I have different feelings on mods...
    My Pc: Intel i7 2600, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM (2x4GB), Gainward Geforce GTX 760, Kingston SSD 240GB, Windows 10
    My Rig: T300 Racing Base, 599XX EVO Wheel (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro Pedals (with Conical Rubber Mod) & TH8A Shifter

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by t0daY View Post
    And also possible to drive with that in multiplayer? Or just offline mods? The car looks great but I have different feelings on mods...
    To use mods online, everyone has to have exactly the same mods installed, then it's possible

Platform
    PC
    To use mods online, everyone has to have exactly the same mods installed, then it's possible
    Sounds interesting^^ thanks for the infos mate

Platform
    PC
    In this day and age, I have no idea why mods on a racing game wouldn't be allowed. You can say you want to keep the quality of cars high, but if you have nothing to do with the mod then it shouldn't be an issue.
    Case: NZXT Phantom | CPU: I5-3570K@4.0Ghz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V | GPU: Radeon Strix R9 390 | Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengence@1600 | PSU: Cooler Master GX750 | Cooling: Corsair H60 | HDD: 2xWD 500GB, 1x160GB Seagate | OS: Win10 Pro 64bit | Controller: XB1
    Kimi Räikkönen for 2016 F1 Champion! -- Follow my twitch channel here!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: flyoffacliff, gui78, Nico Herrmann

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GamingCanuck View Post
    In this day and age, I have no idea why mods on a racing game wouldn't be allowed. You can say you want to keep the quality of cars high, but if you have nothing to do with the mod then it shouldn't be an issue.
    The thing is, I do, I'm the main man of the team. We are trying our hardest to keep up to the quality of the game. If you look at our first set of renders, you'd think the game devs were doing it which I'm pretty proud of. Even though SMS don't like it, they aren't gonna stop it. People will still lap up their DLC and they will still make the money they want. Not many mods will be made for this game anyway due it being very hard, but it's possible.

Platform
    PC
    The thing is, I do, I'm the main man of the team. We are trying our hardest to keep up to the quality of the game. If you look at our first set of renders, you'd think the game devs were doing it which I'm pretty proud of. Even though SMS don't like it, they aren't gonna stop it. People will still lap up their DLC and they will still make the money they want. Not many mods will be made for this game anyway due it being very hard, but it's possible.
    The problem with mods is, that High Quality Mods are really rarely... In my opinion especially the tire model is way to complex for any modders out there. And I dont know whats wrong about DLCs to be honest...

Last DLC was 5 cars for 3 euros, so pleeeaase xD Its almost for free... Have a look on iRacing for example, 12 bucks for 1 car, thats way to expensive.

I appreciate your work and will follow it for sure, but in pCars there is a personal no-go for mods, for me
    The following user likes this Post: pigsy

Platform
    PC
    If the Shift games were modded it's reasonable to expect that similar outcomes will be possible in other games based on the same (albeit improved) engine. Although you have to wonder how modders will go with SETA. The game hasn't been built with modders in mind so we naturally won't be able to offer anyone support for a modded game.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters (x64 DX11 not gold)

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Hmmm I didn't think they were allowing mods for project cars ?

Are they using another game engine .
    they weren't allowing them when the game was in development
    Depends on what the 'modding' involves. If it is converting cars from one game to another without the explicit permission of the IP holders of the ripped content then it is not something that SMS can allow or support on this forum.
    CPU i7 2600K | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1070 8GB + GTX780 3Gb (PhysX)| Audio Xonar Phoebus @ 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    The following user likes this Post: Jan Studenski