Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tx wheel notchy feeling only sometimes in online lobbies

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Tx wheel notchy feeling only sometimes in online lobbies

Have a thrustmaster tx about a month old. It works great, all my settings are spot on I can do time trials community events and career without any problems. The problem is occasionally when online the wheel works great in practice and say I sit out for 5 mins after getting some laps in and the race starts. Sometimes the wheel will have a very notchy feeling and in the telemetry hid it looks like a a bunch of sharp jagged lines when turning. This only happens online. Idk know what to do ?? I always calibrate the wheel every start up. I leave it at 900 dor it doesn't make sense.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Are you up to date with firmware 49 ,as that should auto dor for each car and get rid of the notchy feeling
    I'm running v48 still so I still get the notchy feeling and have to change dor to suit what car I drive
    XBOX1 GT PTG ALKOHOLIK- TX Wheel-Gte Rim-T3pa pro’s-custom BMW rig
    www.pendulumtuning.proboards.com

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Everything is up to date . Like I said I can play career or time trials all day and then hop into a lobby and this will happen,not all the time but enough to ruin the race cuz I quit in fear of breaking a very expensive wheel lol.
    I just setup a gt3 lobby an hour ago. 30 min practice session. Ran fine got the car setup about 8 people joined. I took a smoke break the race started and right from the start the wheel is all notchy and have to quit the race.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Same thing happens to me, latest firmware, everything is fine in mp then leave pits after a setup tweak or move on from quail to race and the wheel is all notch in the corners. Happened last night while racing some friends, I jumped out of the online game went straight into a single player free practice and all was fine, hopped back in with me mates and had no more issues rest of the night, very strange

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Same here, practice was fine, first race fine, second race wheel very notchy, like the deadzone removal and falloff are not set up right. Very noticeable on the straights. Third race, I checked FFB setup on car in lobby, but all looked good, yet in the race the notchy feeling was still there.
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 32gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift S

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yep I have everything set to good standards so I think it has to do with online lag possibly and sending a bad signal to the wheel??? I have a good network connection tho 50/50 Verizon fios blah blah

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Don't think this is just an online problem as it has happened to me in offline play as well. If it happens during quail/practice I return to the pits go into tuning then save head back out and the issue is gone. Sometimes when it happens as you start the race in offline play restarting can clean it up but not always, its a strange one
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LMR ShOwTiMe875 View Post
    Have a thrustmaster tx about a month old. It works great, all my settings are spot on I can do time trials community events and career without any problems. The problem is occasionally when online the wheel works great in practice and say I sit out for 5 mins after getting some laps in and the race starts. Sometimes the wheel will have a very notchy feeling and in the telemetry hid it looks like a a bunch of sharp jagged lines when turning. This only happens online. Idk know what to do ?? I always calibrate the wheel every start up. I leave it at 900 dor it doesn't make sense.
    Wish I could tell you what the cause is. I have it intermittently in career mode too. I've had it happen in practices, qualis and in races. When it happens, my workaround is to restart session and usually it's better the next time. Not an option for online though I suppose.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Happens to me randomly as well. A session restart - or two - usually cures it. Been doing it since 1.4.

Platform
    PC
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the wrong setups being applied to the car. There are a lot of FFB settings that are car-specific. When the wrong setup gets loaded for things like tire pressure and suspension settings, maybe the wrong FFB settings are getting loaded too.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2