Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Blindspot indicator please :) thank you

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by xxTheGoDxx View Post

BTW, I just tried again to just drive with the Look Left/Right mapped to my wheel, works as good as it always did. I don't really see why that shouldn't be enough.

I find left and right works pretty poorly, Pretty slow animation where is it should be a instant switch as by the time you've looked and your far mirror and then back to the road you could of travelled 200 yards.
    PCars - When it works it's sublime! When it does'nt it's broken!
    The following user likes this Post: MrAstor

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3dGenius View Post
    I find left and right works pretty poorly, Pretty slow animation where is it should be a instant switch as by the time you've looked and your far mirror and then back to the road you could of travelled 200 yards.
    +1
    Better to take a risk than using left/right, which is too slow for that. By the time your sight is back in front, you probably missed the corner...
    It is nice for looking at the scenery, not to see if there is another car near...
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by xxTheGoDxx View Post
    I am not easily offended (and your post isn't rude), so shoot ahead :-)

As soon as you get used to them (which was really fast for me) you make all this unconscious, just like you brain does allot of other things/calculations for you in real live without you concentrating on it. Besides I said halfway like in reality...

Edit: Thinking more about it, looking around using head tracking is completely effortless to me.

Thats why you can change the FOV in a game! Depending on you monitor size and distance 80 - 90 should give you quiet allot of view w/o distorting it too much visible.

Good point that people often forget / not realize. But do real racers really take advantage of the dynamic perspective mid race?

Well, it shouldn't be. Just came across this clip from iRacing: https://youtu.be/vp1HkJeXmzE?t=1m55s

Way more immersive and interesting, IMO we should try to get a better race engineer.
    BTW, I listed him as only one out of many game mechanics that you should use to compensate for the blind spot.

You obviously need to make some compromises in games. IMO magical arrows are a bad one (and so is the optional race line btw).

Not really, at least in the proposed way. But again, giving the helpers already included I have no super strong objection against the feature, even though I think its a bigger compromise in multiplayer than the racing line.
    1. Is there even head tracking on the consoles for this game (either using the PlayStation eye, or Kinect)? I wouldn't know I dont have a camera for the system.

2. Yeah just what I really want, to look through the game world with fish eyes.

3. It depends on the rules. drivers head is usually restrained which would limit movement.

4. Yeah he shouldn't be, but the fact of the matter is that he is useless.

5. Some race cars have a anti collision system, regardless if you think its magical or not. Its reality.

6. Arrows at the edge of the screen is perfectly fine by me.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yes please - any kind of small indicator that can be disabled/enabled would be nice. Other option would be virtual side mirrors - since you can turn the real mirrors off having virtual ones in their place likely would not require additional resources.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC
    The following 3 users likes this Post: gelfie, NutsMammoth, Yorkie065

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Maybe a bit too busy to add new features to PCars 1: https://youtu.be/mpAZOyaA1Cs
    At least, if some bugs and the corner cutting issue still there on some tracks can be fixed for good in PCars 1, thank you.
    Windows 10 Pro x64 - Corsair Carbide 330R - Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3 GHz + Corsair H100i - MSI Z87 G45 Gaming - 16 GB RAM G.Skill Extreme3 PC17000 - SSD Crucial MX100 256GB - SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G - Asus ROG 27" PG279Q 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync - Thrustmaster T300RS + T3PA + Wheel Stand Pro v2 - Razer Deathstalker - Razer Deathadder 2013

The red arrow that AC uses works perfectly fine. All we need is something similar.
    Mobo:Gigabyte H77-D3H-MVP CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Memory:16Gig
    Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Driver382.53| Display: BenQ G2420HD 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | Power supply: 700 Watt
    Sound:
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio. Logitech G35 Headset Wheel: Logitech Formula Force USB - the red one (NOT using Profiler). Using Saitek_R440_Force_Wheel Windows 7 driver | OS: MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire77 View Post
    Yes please - any kind of small indicator that can be disabled/enabled would be nice....
    Agreed! Something like this would be fantastic to have with the choice to have it on or off. It's clear people are divided as to whether they should be in the game so why not have the option? Those who don't want it or don't need it because they have head-tracking or triple screens can turn it off, and those who do want it can have it on. Both parties happy.
    Youtube Channel:

Twitter:

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | i7 4770K @ 3.54GHz | Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2400MHZ RAM | EVGA GTX770 SC 4GB | 250GB Samsung SSD | 5.5TB HDD Space | XFX Pro Series 750W PSU | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    BenQ XL2420Z 24" 144Hz | Logitech Driving Force GT | Sennheiser PC360 | TrackIR 5
    The following 3 users likes this Post: gelfie, MrAstor, Spitfire77

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Last time I played online, I had to swerve to avoid a car after the first corner. I was in position 2 with the entire field behind me. My choice was to either drive out on the grass to the left, swerve right or brake hard and hope I do not run in to the player in front of me, or get hit from behind (I would be overtaken by the entire field anyway). I thought that I would be good to go right but I went into another player and wrecked us both. It made me feel so bad that I turned off the game and I feel like Im lost the lust to play the game at all online.

I had high hopes for the game which I have bought for both my PC and PS4, but I can not understand why there is still so much to be fixed. As for now I dont think I will look to buy pcars 2 if the most critical problems is taken care of first. I love how the game feels and I dont expect it to be perfect, but honestly, I start to regret that I invested so much time and frustration in it and I feel kind of bad for recomending it to friends who I hoped to get in to more racing.
    Last edited by MrAstor; 19-10-2015 at 20:20.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jenda1975 View Post
    LOVE the game, but it is so difficult to be aware of the cars around you, please add this one as in Asseto, GT6, even DriveClub
    Second that