Thread: How to pit stop with damage repair?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

How to pit stop with damage repair?

I need your help, seems I'm too stupid to do a pit stop

Today I did an online racing and someone played destruction derby in Project CARS, causing a frontal collision to my car. I managed to drive with a loose hood/bonnet/engine cover (sorry, I don't know the correct English word) into the pit lane to get it fixed.

I opened the current pit stop strategy and made sure that everything for damage repair has been set to YES. I went back to the pit stop menu and chose the last menu item (close menu). I expected that this triggers the start of the actual pit stop works but nothing happened!

The pit crew released the damaged car and I had to drive another lap with the hood in front of the windshield, not able to see anything

Next pit stop, I tried again, renamed the strategy, made sure that it has been enabled as the active pit stop strategy. I've waited in the pit stop menu to try if closing the menu is just canceling the actual pit stop, but nothing happened. So I think I have to close the pit stop menu to start the works? I closed it, again - they released my car without repairing the damage.

I had to give up because not being able to see anything (hood in front of the windshield).

What am I doing wrong? Please help, I didn't find a manuel how to pit stop in Project CARS.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Platform
    PC
    the 'repair damage' option is on the second page of the pit stop settings.
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    MSI Z87-GD65 Nvidia
    GTX7700
    16GB Ram
    Logitech G27

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It appears pit stop only repairs damage for real damage, cosmetic damaged doesn't get fixed. Like if your head lights are damaged you can't get them back. Had it twice happen to me for the Le Mans, several hour s into the race. Driving in the dark is impossible.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_bob View Post
    It appears pit stop only repairs damage for real damage, cosmetic damaged doesn't get fixed. Like if your head lights are damaged you can't get them back. Had it twice happen to me for the Le Mans, several hour s into the race. Driving in the dark is impossible.
    The headlights not being fixed is going to be fixed in an update as I think they were meant to be changed or at least enough people made a fuss for it to be changed.

Bumpers etc I believe stay broken, I had wondered if it effects aero still.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AdM1 View Post
    The headlights not being fixed is going to be fixed in an update as I think they were meant to be changed or at least enough people made a fuss for it to be changed.

Broken aero gets repaired physically but not visually, unfortunately. (Is this correct with that much "ly"??)
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Pit stops in this game are really quite poor...

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I've waited in the pit stop menu to try if closing the menu is just canceling the actual pit stop, but nothing happened. So I think I have to close the pit stop menu to start the works?
    Yes you have to close it before any work is done.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruleworld View Post
    the 'repair damage' option is on the second page of the pit stop settings.
    Everything was set to YES on that page when the problem occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_bob View Post
    Like driving with the bonnet in front of the face.

Quote Originally Posted by AdM1 View Post
    The crash affected the FFB of my wheel. Steering got very soft. After the pit stop - if I remember it correctly - it stayed soft. So it appeared to be not repaired (in addition to the still broken visual elements).

Quote Originally Posted by doyley101 View Post
    Pit stops in this game are really quite poor...
    Sadly yes Sad, because the rest of the game is outstanding good!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Yes you have to close it before any work is done.
    Thank you for the information! Then it just didn't get repaired...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Pit stops are certainly an acquired skill in this game it seems, I dont think I have ever seen my tyres changed or damage fixed yet, and in free practice I went straight through the pits twice and the car wouldnt even pit even though the bloke was there. Helps to know that it doesnt get done if that menu is open though - dont know why that is the case when the game pauses to allow you to make changes to the strategy anyway.

By the way what does change driver do? Does the driver gradually get exhausted in long races or something?