Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Club Event - Thursday 16 July 2015.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Australian Club Event - Thursday 16 July 2015.

Aussie racers,

Australian Club Event this Thursday 16 July 2015.

LOCATION REVEALED:
    Sakitto International

Date/Time:
    Thursday 16 July 2015 @ 2130 hrs AEST. (NSW Timezone)

Qualifying / Race info:
    Quali will be 10 mins, starting at 2130 hrs.
    Race will be 12 laps at a race track disclosed HERE 24 hours before the race event.
    Dry daylight race.

2nd race will be a reverse grid with the first lap being a formation lap to get in the correct positions.

Vehicle:
    Ginneta G40 Juniors.

Vehicle assist:
    All assists will be allowed as it is how you want to drive, and to help out any controller people.

The 2 big rules are keep it CLEAN & have FUN.

1 mandatory pit stop will need to be taken. It will be up to you if you want to change tyres or how much fuel you put in. Please practice your own pit stop strategy before the race as you could have problems and it will cost u a lot of time.

The chat:
    Please below comments about mic level as it will be game chat due to the numbers in the race. Use the chat appropriately, i.e. Let ppl know where you are to avoid collisions and be respectful.

The lobby:
    It will be a private lobby and invite only. To make sure we are on time, please join the lobby 5-10 minutes prior to 9:30pm as we will start then and hope you do t get left behind

Please below about racing a clean race and if we do come thru the field on the reverse grid, take the opportunities but don't force anything. A clean race is a fun race

Anything that I've left off please let me know and I'll add it to the post. This is the first event we are organising so it's no big deal if any mistakes are made, using it as a trial event.

PS4 user names for event listed below:
    Spidey_11
    Rooz31
    IronMask75
    emscooter
    sneekynuts11
    SUBGTRACER
    buggie_brain
    driveclub007
    EMGonzo
    hkraft300
    The_Yowie
    Eeesteeedeee
    danielson343
    HazeOne68
    Bunyinp_McLuvin
    J0002472
    (there could be more that i have forgot but there could be some ppl who don't/can't show up)

Keen but not this time:
    Farmerboy
    Furters44
    There are more names that will join but i just haven't added them yet.

Start using this site, it was created by one of the Devs I think and is a great idea.
    http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Location revealed:
    Sakitto International.
    Last edited by spidey11; 15-07-2015 at 11:29. Reason: Updated info.
    PSN- Spidey_11.
    PS4 pro, Pagnian GT racing seat, Fanatec CSL Elite PS4.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Bunyip_McLuvin, ChrisK, EMGonzo, IronMask75, jason

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Good stuff mate. Make sure people are in the lobby and ready for your invite a good 5-10mins before the race.

Is there a mandatory pit ? If so, I recommend that everyone set up their pit strategy before Thursday cos it can take a while. Given the pit bugs in the game I'd also recommend that you delete everything but your chosen strategy to avoid the issue of the wrong strategy being chosen.

I take it we will be running chat in the main lobby cos there will be more than 8 people. If so can everyone pls check their mics before the race and make sure that the sensitivity is turned down. We don't want to be hearing your race thru our headphones. If you can see your mic activating on screen and youre not talking...the sensitivity is too high.

A few points on etiquette if I may mr web...

For everyone...check your mirrors, be courteous to others when exiting the pits or when re-entering the track. If your not on a hot lap in quali...get off the racing line. It's a 12 lap race, you can't and wont win at the first corner.

For the faster guys, especially in the reverse grid...don't be an asshole. Everyone wants to have fun and has a right to be on the track so don't think you can just ram people off the road cos they lap slower than you. The reason you are faster is most likely cos you play more often not cos you have some crazy God given driving gift and you're the next Lewis Hamilton.

Egos have no place in community racing. We are all there to enjoy eachothers company and have a good race. Hope we can all get it going. Good work spidey !

Ps: ffs don't pick a long circuit in these cars, we'll be ther all freakin night !
    The following user likes this Post: spidey11

Platform
    PS4
    Oh yeah 2130 AEST right? Sounds mad.
    Let's do some e-skids in our digital Ginettas

Haven't driven them at all yet. Should be fun.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I'll be there. (Furters44)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    If there is a mandatory pit maybe we need to force a maximum starting fuel to make it worth while.

Are we going to run mechanical failures or not?

Looking forward to it guys, can't wait!!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Haven't even looked at pit strategy yet (beyond what was required to get the trophy). Will have a look tonight and see what's involved to set one up for Thursday. I'll be there. Looking forward to it.
    PlayStation 4 - Thrustmatster T300 RS - Thrustmaster T8HA - Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO - Next Level Racing GTultimate V2 cockpit

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Hehehe this is going to be interesting

Oh I think Haze should be notified of this race asap.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Add me to that list. I'm keen for this but as I've said before I have wheel issues and may pull out before race. Looking forward to finally racing with an Aussie/NZ crew instead of the rubbish from overseas!����
    PSN: The_Yowie
    The following 2 users likes this Post: buggie_brain, Furters

Platform
    PS4
    Cheers Subby. I'm in if i can get home from work in time...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi All

farmerboy007 here, good mate of buggie_brain and got a chance to race with a couple of you last night. Hi to Rooz and Furters, also Yowie.

Would love to take part in this, hopefully a few of the guys can vouch for me. Cheers.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: buggie_brain, Furters, spidey11, Yowie