Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CanAm Virtual Racing Leagues - Recruiting - Clean Racers (PC based)

Platform
    PC

CanAm Virtual Racing Leagues - Recruiting - Clean Racers (PC based)

CanAm Virtual Racing Leagues (CanAm VRL) is a 4+ year old league of like minded racers. We were originally founded under the PlayStation Network within the Gran Turismo series. With the launch of Project CARS, many of our members have made the move to (or back to) the PC sim world, and we are looking to increase our membership.

We are a group of dedicated, hardcore racers (many with real world experience) who strive for the utmost in realism in our racing. Races are run bi-weekly with an average 2 hour race duration (plus practice and qualifying session).

While we are "hardcore" in our approach, we welcome all skill levels and ages. Our main focus is on Driver Etiquette. Our current membership ranges from 17 years of age to 50 years of age with varying skill levels.

We are currently planning out our first Project CARS (on PC) season to start in the fall. We generally run 15 - 16 races per season, racing every second Saturday. We do have both a Driver's and a Team's Championship. We pride ourselves on clean, controlled, well organized and professionally run races.

Anyone interested in joining should visit our website and register with us. We can be found at http://canamvrl.no-ip.org You can also add me to your Steam Friends list (SteamID: F1_Racer68)

See you on the track!
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 14-07-2015 at 13:53.
    CanAm Virtual Racing Leagues - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - G27 wheel, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: _-GearHead-_

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    sounds very interesting to me... not fast but very clean and have manners. have been sim racing 16 years. 12 of those years online mostly. from grand prix legends until present.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Can Am are a great bunch of guys. We used to race with them before we went back to PC racing. So glad you guys are doing a PC PCARS league!
    Windows 7 Pro 64
    Intel i7 950
    24 GB Corsair RAM
    Samsung 128 GB SSD (OS)
    WD Caviar Black 1TB (Game)
    EVGA GTX970
    Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Logitech G27
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/LiveWire11C/

Can Am VRL Thread
    Can Am VRL Website
    Can Am VRL Steam Group
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goL ecaR v yM View Post
    sounds very interesting to me... not fast but very clean and have manners. have been sim racing 16 years. 12 of those years online mostly. from grand prix legends until present.
    We have a good mix of fast and not so fast, talented and ..... not so talented. We have 3 goals in mind with every season:

1. Realism - We want the racing experience as real world as possible
    2. Respect for other competitors
    3. Have fun doing it.

Feel free to sign up. Right now it looks like our first season will be in the GT5 cars just to allow us to test the waters and get used ot racing beside each other with this physics and FFB model. Our second season format will be decided part way through season 1.
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - G27 wheel, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveWire View Post
    Can Am are a great bunch of guys. We used to race with them before we went back to PC racing. So glad you guys are doing a PC PCARS league!
    Thanks LiveWire. Hope to see you guys join us for the season.
    System Specs

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I'm going to do my best to be there this Saturday night.

Do you remember that race at Motegi Ring in the Miatas? Lap after lap, often 3 wide, swapping spots constantly, but completely CLEAN racing. One of the best races I ever had! So much fun! Stuff like that is why I race online.
    Windows 7 Pro 64
    Intel i7 950
    24 GB Corsair RAM
    Samsung 128 GB SSD (OS)
    WD Caviar Black 1TB (Game)
    EVGA GTX970
    Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Logitech G27
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/LiveWire11C/

Can Am VRL Thread
    Can Am VRL Website
    Can Am VRL Steam Group

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveWire View Post
    I'm going to do my best to be there this Saturday night.

Do you remember that race at Motegi Ring in the Miatas? Lap after lap, often 3 wide, swapping spots constantly, but completely CLEAN racing. One of the best races I ever had! So much fun! Stuff like that is why I race online.
    In many ways that was one of our best (if not THE best) season's. There were constant battles for position through the eintire field in almost every race.

I'm really hoping we can get back to that level over here. We are almost starting over again with this new hardware and software platform. I'm back to my roots, but for many the PC sim world is brand new.
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 17-08-2015 at 12:35.
    System Specs

Platform
    PC
    CanAm VRL will be hosting a pre-season test event this Saturday (August 22nd). We will be running 40 laps at Spa with GT3 cars.

The room will open at approximatelt 9:00 pm eastern time, with the event starting at 9:30pm eastern time. The room will be set as follows:

- 30 minute practice
    - 15 minute qualifying
    - 15 minute warmup
    - 40 lap race

All settings (damage, aids, weather) will be set to real, flag rules on, penalties on, mechanical failures on, tire wear x4, time progression x15 (simulates 24 hours).

This test is to verify room settings for our upcoming season.

Anyone interested in joining us and finding out what we are all about is welcome to attend. You can find out more about us via our Steam group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/canamvrl) or via our website at http://canamvrl.no-ip.org.

We currently have 14 drivers signed up for our season and are looking for more like minded drivers. Our formal season will begin Nov 14th with a 16 event, 32 week calendar.

See you in the rearview!
    System Specs

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    This sounds really interesting. I'm new to sim world but I do my best to drive really clean. I'd like to take part in this. Just a question: Would a high ping worsen the experince for me or the other players? I am from Argentina.

Platform
    PC
    The only way to know for sure is to try it. Generally, the person with the high ping rate will tend to `jump`for the other players. This can make it difficult for those racing directly around that person.

Our Dedicated Server is hosted in Texas. The room will be up at 9:00 PM Eastern Time. Feel free to join us. It will be a long night (about 3 hours total), but that`s the best way to find out.
    System Specs
    The following user likes this Post: Melkyah