Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Project Cars like with a 5.1 Speaker Systems?

Platform
    PC

What is Project Cars like with a 5.1 Speaker Systems?

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a 5.1 speaker system for use with Xbox One. Have been looking at the Logitech Z906.

What speaker systems are people using?

How good does Project Cars sound with a 5.1 system?

Cheers

Tony
    PC: Fractal Design R5 Case, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Cooler Master Nepton 240M Water Cooler, Asus Z170 PRO Motherboard, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Graphics, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 Memory, 512GB SSD, 2TB SSHD, 1000W PSU, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Asus PG279Q Monitor.
    Rig: TBF 80/20, Thrustmaster 458 TX Wheel, GTE Rim, Heuskinveld Pro Pedals, TH8A Shifter, DSD P1 Button Box.

Umer Ahmad
    Loud

actually I just setup a new TV in basement with 5.1 speakers. Well the speakers and receiver are not hooked up yet but i should get around to that soon. I bet it will blast the windows.

I'm not sure how good the game's audio is regarding per-channel management. I think at least the stereo works well. Not sure if there's an opponent behind you to the left you would hear it from the left rear speaker (but that would be cool).
    The following user likes this Post:

Kart Driver
    I Have a 5.1 since Years,it is worth the Cost for every Game not only Pcars.In pCars its hard to hear the Position of other Cars,your own Car is Way to loud.But i drive only in Cockpit Position,maybe its another Story in a Outside View.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    I have the Sony Gold V2 virtual 7.1 surround headset,...not only would I love to hear the audible cues the surround would provide, I'd at least like to hear the other cars, even in stereo, its so weird to only hear my own car, the other cars sound like they must have electric engines,....hopefully something that can be patched.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Honestly in this game, it's not so good. It'll be worth it for other games though. Just make sure those can do 5.1 from your Xbox. I had the earlier model from that line and it could only do 2.1 for the Xbox due to how it hooked up.

Edit: nevermind you're good, it has the digital inputs.
    Gearhead Motorsports
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ex_, Natedogg1867

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Have Z906 and I'm a little disappointed with pCars sound and separation....maybe will get better in future...
    Does a pretty good job in AC.
    The following user likes this Post: ex_

Platform
    PC
    Agreed, positional audio isn't balanced correctly. Most of the sounds around you are drowned out, making even your own car sound a bit flat at times. Personally my rear speaker volumes are quite low and inaudible most of the time.

You do hear sounds around you, but it's just not very pronounced or trigger you to look to the appropriate mirror for a visual. It just sort of blends in and out subtly.
    i7 4.4GHz - 16Gigs - 1080 GTX - 3x Screens (5900x1080) & VR - CSW v2 - CSP v3

Platform
    PC
    5+1 is good for "enveloping" sound. Quite a different experience comparing to stereo. But apart of fly-by replay and certain sounds I don't hear much positioning in pCARS. To be true in any racing game. Guild Wars 2 job does quite a good job in this
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png
    The following user likes this Post: ex_

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    ..... I'm not sure how good the game's audio is regarding per-channel management. I think at least the stereo works well. Not sure if there's an opponent behind you to the left you would hear it from the left rear speaker (but that would be cool).
    pCars does not support 3D sound at the moment at least on PC, there is no front or back sound. I use an advanced game program at my receiver to better the sound but no comparison to other games which support surround sound with dts or DD. I think there was a thread about surround sound, but as far as I remember there was also no information that it will be supported in the future.
    Wheel: Fanatec Podium DD Wheelbase, HE Sprint Pedals, Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter
    System: Win 10 (1903) / Intel Core i9 9900K / Geforce RTX 2080TI
    Monitor: AOC C3583FQ 35" 21:9 (2560x1080)
    VR Headset: Valve Index, HTC Vive wireless

Platform
    PC
    I have the Z 906 installed on my rig.
    Always room for improvement, but pretty good as it is now.
    Since you can set each speaker individually, it's easy to adjust.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash