Page 48 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseline Wheel FFB Values - Google Sheet & FCM. Universal

Platform
    PC
    Your final output doesn't look too bad. I think most important is the deadzone removal you've done . That you're currently not able to set DRR to 0 is, that I haven't programmed an exception when dividing by 0 .. (you can simply type in 0,00001 to avoid the bug). I'll update that now.

[e] updated the sheet. there should be no more errors.
    Last edited by Diluvian; 01-09-2015 at 20:23.
    System: i5 2500k @4,6Ghz, MSI GTX970, 8GB Ram, Win10 PRO 64bit - Logitech Driving Force Pro

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FFB-linearisation-sheet: Open
    To use it you have to make a copy of it! Go to "file" -> "copy.."

If you find bugs or something else, you can create comments inside my sheet or post it in the following discussion thread:

The discussion thread: Visit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Denco, Jack Spade, poirqc

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Diluvian View Post
    Your final output doesn't look too bad. I think most important is the deadzone removal you've done . That you're currently not able to set DRR to 0 is, that I haven't programmed an exception when dividing by 0 .. (you can simply type in 0,00001 to avoid the bug). I'll update that now.

[e] updated the sheet. there should be no more errors.
    Thanks Diluvian. Have you considered values already for RAs, Soft Clip, etc? And does Menu spring have any effect on FFB, or is it just for the 'menu'?
    Last edited by sherpa25; 02-09-2015 at 00:37.
    PC: GB Z87X-UD3H-CF (W10-x64) | Intel i5-4670k | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI GTX980Ti | 5760x1080@60Hz [Asus VC239H / LG IPS234V] | XFX 650W CE | 2xSamsung Evo 250GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Bodnar cable) w/ Ricmotech LC | SRD-9C | WSP v2

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Thanks Diluvian. Have you considered values already for RAs, etc? And does Menu spring have any effect on FFB, or is it just for the 'menu'?
    Menu string is just that, it's when the wheel should center itself in the menus. The 2 other values affect the cars going below 10 MPH.

I'm not sure if RA's fit in this sheet since it affect something dynamic. Deadzones and Scoops are static parameters. RAs could probably be calculated from the frequency sweep in wheelcheck but i have yet to figure this one out.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Diluvian, sherpa25

rocafella1978
    from my G29 today, is this this correct graph to read from?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G29_FFB_4log_wheelcheck_data.png 
Views:	437 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	216946
    question to all, when you test and change settings do you leave all values except these ones at default? what is your process to tackle or dial in? just to understand the process or where to start.

here is my post in the G29 thread, to keep your thread clean, but keep the G29 thread going. (updated the post on G29 thread)
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1107597
    Last edited by rocafella1978; 02-09-2015 at 17:06.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rocafella1978 View Post

question to all, when you test and change settings do you leave all values except these ones at default? what is your process to tackle or dial in? just to understand the process or where to start.
    Ideally, you shouldn't change the values in the calculation sheet. In the first sheet, to the left of the wheel FFB output graph, you can see the ingame sliders values. You enter valid numbers and the graph will move accordinly.

After the red line more or less follow the yellow line, you can do a test drive of those values.
    The following user likes this Post:

rocafella1978
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    Ideally, you shouldn't change the values in the calculation sheet. In the first sheet, to the left of the wheel FFB output graph, you can see the ingame sliders values. You enter valid numbers and the graph will move accordinly.

After the red line more or less follow the yellow line, you can do a test drive of those values.
    thank you! appreciate your reply! I was wondering about how WPS, RAG, RAB, RAC, SCHI and SCFI play a role in all this? i take still dynamic values and not clear?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by rocafella1978 View Post

Isn t there too much deadzone on the red line? Don t you have a hole in the wheel centre?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    As this is the appropriate thread for this stuff I post the results here too.

"Dri" (Drift) is a parameter on the CSW v2, default is in off position which adds a small amount of base drag, values lower base drag.
    Base drag is similar to in game - per wheel movement.

Due to "Scoop Reduction" the loss of force can be compensated by adding this value to Tire Force which gives more detail to low to mid
    range forces but higher ones feel similar as before.

Here are the results of "Dri" set at 3, 2 and off, the wheel is linear in off position.

Attachment 216854

Attachment 216855

Attachment 216856
    In addition the above here´s an other CSW v2 test.

CSWv2 parameters tested:
    "For" = Force, default level 100 - test 130 --- acts like a FFB amplifier

"FF" = FFB strenght, default level 100 - test 70 --- similar like in game and what´s in wheel drivers.

Name:	CSW v2 linear test For 130.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	216987

Pretty linear response here but the deadzone got bigger, most probably will be the case if FFB strenght is NOT set at 100% in game and/or wheel drivers.

Name:	CSW v2 linear test FF 70.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	216988
    System: Win 7 Ultimate 64, i7 2600 @3.4 Ghz, Asus P8P67, 8GB Corsair, GTX 570 (Driver 344.75), Samsung 2443 @ 1920x1200, Fanatec CSW V2 (FW 176, Driver 250), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

V3.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by gruzzlebeard View Post
    Not sure if we are talking about two things.

In PS4 there is a bug in this UI DRF slider if you shift it full to the left. After value 0.00 you can click even more to the left still with value 0.00 - but then your wheel starts to shake. If you use DRR 0.00 and DRF 0.00 (but not full to the left) then I have no shaking (works for me in PS4).

I don't know how it works if you have DRR >0.00 maybe then you have to enter also a value in DRF. But I think this is a different topic like discussed above.

But I will try this soon when I fill in my FFB Calculator sheet.
    I was wrong with this statement: there is no UI bug anymore after patch 3.0. The DRF shifter works throughout the whole range in smaler increments (0,00......0,01.....0,02...)
    Last edited by gruzzlebeard; 02-09-2015 at 10:06.
    PS4: Fanatec CSW V2 (Driver v231 FW 142) | CSW 918 RSR | Clubsport pedals CSP V1 | my wheel base & in-game settings new
    PSN: Gruzzlebeard1

rocafella1978
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    Isn t there too much deadzone on the red line? Don t you have a hole in the wheel centre?
    I have been tweaking all the time, first time around also with poirqc and skoader helped out, I logged the 4x CSV files into the sheet and that's what I got. now when I move the red line to be mode linear and straight as much as possible, for me the big question(s) is/ are:
    1) what does WPS do after line is linear and you make changes?
    2) what do RAG, RAB and RAC do after all is made as linear as possible?
    3) what do SCHI and SCFI do after all is made as linear as possible?

i just have not been able to figure out what they do and are there for, what makes one feel weight transfer of vehicle side to side, accel to brake and vice versa, locking up tires front or rear, understeer, or rear stepping out (oversteer)? how does one dial in these "vehicle" feelings?
    and how and what brings kurbs, bumps and other road feels into play?

I thought I had pretty much understood it all, but feel the more I tweak the more lost I get.

also does anyone know what Low Speed Co. and Low Speed Sat. are for?

PS: just last night tested Jack Spade Classic and 66% in Ver.2.2 witg smoothing, and the wheel just feels limp/ numb, as if car is hovering over road (not sure but the smoothing did not do well with G29, any suggestions?)