Page 103 of 153 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1522

Thread: Baseline Wheel FFB Values - Google Sheet & FCM. Universal

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lvl1k0n View Post
    Hey everyone,

I recently bought a G27 and I'm trying to tweak it so that I have an optimal experience in pCARS. Admittedly, I have almost no knowledge regarding racing wheels so please bear with me. When I hooked up my G27 to pCARS I was astonished as to how firm and reluctant the wheel was to turn, whether at speed or parked. The wheel feels very stiff and seems to want to rebound, which makes me feel as if I will ruin the motor by forcing it to turn against itself. I don't know if this is normal or simply a matter of tweaking the FFB settings (which is how I came across this thread).

I'm trying to follow the directions in the original post, however the results I get after copy/pasting the forth wheelcheck.csv file seem to be bugged. I am getting a 'divide by zero' error in the CALCULATION tab, and the graph is bugged as well. I've attached a screenshot showing the error(s), a copy of the FFB Calculator excel file with my data (this file may not open correctly since its downloaded from the official file on Google Docs) , and my original .csv files.

I get this error after I copy/paste a fourth set of data into one of the tabs, the first three copy/paste's work fine. I'm hoping someone can help me resolves this issue cause I'd sure love to use this wheel as its meant to be used.

Cheers,
    -Mike
    Hi Mike, i pluged your data into the G27 example of the first post. I got the following results:

DRR 0,17
    DRF 0,031
    SCOOP KNEE 0,49
    SCOOP REDUCTION 0,26

You can also try to use FCM. The .csv you provided works well there. You can import them in the program. The fist thing you want to do is to put Steering Gain from 3 to 1. Then, put the master FFB to 100%. If you want to fiddle more with the FFB, i'll shamelessly plug myself. You can try the G27 setup in my signature. If you do that, you'll only need to put the Scoops and Deadzones i put above.

Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    I tried inputting your data into the 4 log sheets in a copy of the sheet. You can now enter your DRR/DRF and play around with the Scoop values to get your desired output.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...868755&vpid=A1

-->As to the cause of the error, 'I think' the original sheet uses a 'comma' as decimal separator, whereas your data uses a 'period' (w/c I also use).

EDIT: I just noticed the sheet in the OP appears to be updated/newer, though I'm not sure if it's just aesthetics (ie. like the +/- buttons). Though I think the older sheet (w/c I use) may still provide the same result and still be valid.
    The sheet you linked is locked, you need to give it permission. Yeah, it's only aesthetics to increments via click instead of raw values.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 100/30/60/5
    The following user likes this Post: lvl1k0n

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry, thought I unlocked it. It's now open for editing.

@poirqc, Any update from 3.3.1? I have no way of modifying my graph output per the latest Jacks settings w/c now advise SG=135-145, while in my graph I have SG=1.08.

BTW, just tried your input of lvl1k0n's settings, this is what came out:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lvl1-a.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	223314

Trying to make it linear, I get this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lvl1-b.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	223315

Any comments on how I might be doing it wrong?
    Last edited by sherpa25; 07-12-2015 at 08:56.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Any comments on how I might be doing it wrong?
    You're not doing anything wrong with your calculations. With that said, i think that Steering Gain, by itself, is better designed to lower the overall signal. This is the case for a G27, at least. Even if pCars comes with a pletora of tools to deal with our hardware shortcomings, they may not perfectly do it.

Here's my pick on all this.

Thoughts?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm back. Despite my belief that I was done tweaking, I still feel I have some room for improvement. I came across the article linked in the first post before I discovered this thread but have looked at it again and feel relative adjust gain may be the key to what I'm looking to achieve. A couple of points I am not sure about though.

First point is, does it actually change the amplitude of the signal? And secondly, has anyone determined whether the relationship between relative adjust gain and relative adjust clamp is proportionate? By that I mean, if for example you were to set the relative adjust clamp at 0.50, would you simply put relative adjust gain to 0.52 (same number difference) or would you have to make the difference proportionate, which by my calculations would be clamp 0.50 and gain 0.51?

Edit: On second thought, question two is kind of irrelevant.
    Last edited by Napalmhardcore; 07-12-2015 at 16:20.
    "What is the worst thing that could happen?" Many people that horrible things happened to

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmhardcore View Post
    I'm back. Despite my belief that I was done tweaking, I still feel I have some room for improvement. I came across the article linked in the first post before I discovered this thread but have looked at it again and feel relative adjust gain may be the key to what I'm looking to achieve. A couple of points I am not sure about though.

First point is, does it actually change the amplitude of the signal? And secondly, has anyone determined whether the relationship between relative adjust gain and relative adjust clamp is proportionate? By that I mean, if for example you were to set the relative adjust clamp at 0.50, would you simply put relative adjust gain to 0.52 (same number difference) or would you have to make the difference proportionate, which by my calculations would be clamp 0.50 and gain 0.51?

Edit: On second thought, question two is kind of irrelevant.
    Relatives Adjusts only applies to wheels input, not to G-Forces.

Relative Adjust Gain will lower or amplify a torque delta.
    Relatives Adjust Bleed will make that delta decay over time. Be carefull to not put too much.
    Relative Adjust Clamp act as an anti-clipping mechanism. The torque deltas will happend around that value when it would clip.

The easiest way to use Relative adjusts is by it self. If you plan to combine it with Soft clipping, you'll need to align both tools to have a working config.

The following 2 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, spacepadrille

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    Relatives Adjusts only applies to wheels input, not to G-Forces.

Relative Adjust Gain will lower or amplify a torque delta.
    Relatives Adjust Bleed will make that delta decay over time. Be carefull to not put too much.
    Relative Adjust Clamp act as an anti-clipping mechanism. The torque deltas will happend around that value when it would clip.

The easiest way to use Relative adjusts is by it self. If you plan to combine it with Soft clipping, you'll need to align both tools to have a working config.
    Can you give me a quick and dirty explanation of what a torque delta is. I can pick up concepts pretty quickly but that particular phraseology isn't currently part of my vocabulary.
    "What is the worst thing that could happen?" Many people that horrible things happened to

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It's a fancy word to talk about force changes that occurs over time.

Let's say you turn your wheel 90 to the left. As you turn, you need to apply a given force. At some point, the car starts to understeer and the wheel gets lighter. You need less force to continue rotating the wheel. A change(delta) of force occured.

The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    It's a fancy word to talk about force changes that occurs over time.

Let's say you turn your wheel 90 to the left. As you turn, you need to apply a given force. At some point, the car starts to understeer and the wheel gets lighter. You need less force to continue rotating the wheel. A change(delta) of force occured.
    Ok. That seems consistent with my findings (as I started experimenting after posting). I don't want to discredit the poster, but the linked post in the OP that I looked at doesn't seem quite right to me.

In layman's terms my impression so far is that relative gain seems to basically increase the amplitude (both curves/waves and spikes become bigger, contrary to the linked post), the relative adjust clamp sets the centre point that the waves go above and below and the bleed is as described (ie a time value for bleeding back in torque). I also feel that the bleed value should probably be left alone or very near default.
    Last edited by Napalmhardcore; 07-12-2015 at 18:05.
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmhardcore View Post
    Ok. That seems consistent with my findings (as I started experimenting after posting). I don't want to discredit the poster, but the linked post in the OP that I looked at doesn't seem quite right to me.

In layman's terms my impression so far is that relative gain seems to basically increase the amplitude (both curves/waves and spikes become bigger, contrary to the linked post), the relative adjust clamp sets the centre point that the waves go above and below and the bleed is as described (ie a time value for bleeding back in torque). I also feel that the bleed value should probably be left alone or very near default.
    Are you talking about my description or tpw's post?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Are you talking about my description or tpw's post?
    tpw's