Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseline Wheel FFB Values - Google Sheet & FCM. Universal

Platform
    PC
    here's mine, i'm pretty clueless what to make of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheel.jpg 
Views:	861 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	213454

Phil

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I did minforce test with the Thrustmaster T300 and 0.05 presented the result, then it would DRR = 0 (which is already default), what value for DRF?

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Flihp View Post
    here's mine, i'm pretty clueless what to make of it.

Name:	wheel.jpg 
Views:	861 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	213454

Phil
    It seems your DRR is about at 13% so 0.13 DRR. And you want a linear fell, you could disable Scoops because it's already pretty linear.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flihp, skoader

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jhonatas View Post
    I did minforce test with the Thrustmaster T300 and 0.05 presented the result, then it would DRR = 0 (which is already default), what value for DRF?
    Well, you would have 2 things to do. Do multi samples of the mininum force test. To be sure the 0.05 value is good. Or you could do a Force linear test. It will probably show another DRR. Force linear tests seems to be more consistent value wise.

Platform
    PC
    From what I can make of it it tells us how linear the response of your ffb in the wheel is.
    The orange line is an example of what exactly linear response would be so the software sends a signal of a value of 10 for example and the output force given by the wheel has a value of 10 and son on.
    The blue line is Exactly what your wheel puts out so for example you can see with a software input force of 28 your wheel actually gives an output force of 20. And with a software input force of 46 your wheel outputs 40. And so on.

You can also see from your graph that it is not until an input force of 14 is given does your wheel give any actual output force at all so I imagine this would be the dead zone.

I thought I understood the scoop knee part of it and the DRR and how it is calculated from the data but now I am not so sure and REALLY hoping someone will chime in and explain!
    i7 930 2.8GHZ oc'd @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte ex58-ud3r | EVGA gtx 970 4GB | 12 gig ram | Win7 Pro 64bit | SamsunG 2048x1152 | G25 wheel & pedals |
    Online name "l_ob" lobby room always called "Fun_Noassist" (Cockpit view and manual gears forced - no driving aids - full damage - real tyre and fuel usage)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flihp, poirqc

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    It seems your DRR is about at 13% so 0.13 DRR. And you want a linear fell, you could disable Scoops because it's already pretty linear.
    Thx, I have my deadzone removal set to 0.11, and believe it or not I don't use any scoop settings, both on zero. I can put those two sliders anywhere and doesn't feel any different.

Phil
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    My T300RS does not have knee, just belly.

Name:	t300rsffb.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	213476
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flihp, poirqc

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mazinga View Post
    My T300RS does not have knee, just belly.
    then i definately musunderstand scoop kneee as it looks to me like your knee is at 26 input / 30 output

edit - i edited your graph to show what I interpret the knee to be....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails t300rsffb.jpg  

Last edited by b_akerlite; 27-07-2015 at 15:33.
    i7 930 2.8GHZ oc'd @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte ex58-ud3r | EVGA gtx 970 4GB | 12 gig ram | Win7 Pro 64bit | SamsunG 2048x1152 | G25 wheel & pedals |
    Online name "l_ob" lobby room always called "Fun_Noassist" (Cockpit view and manual gears forced - no driving aids - full damage - real tyre and fuel usage)

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Flihp View Post
    Thx, I have my deadzone removal set to 0.11, and believe it or not I don't use any scoop settings, both on zero. I can put those two sliders anywhere and doesn't feel any different.

Phil
    Well, i think it's a perfectly valid to not use Scoops. It can be a matter of taste, to an extent. If you like how you're wheel is responding, then, you just don't use the tool.

Some wheels are almost linear (G25, GT2/3), some have a bent or a knee(G27/G29), others seems to have a belly(T300RS). From there it will dependson how to use it. I think there's 3 way to use the tool:

• Not use it at all - good
    • Use it with the correct amount of reduction at the knee - good
    • Useit with too much reduction at the Knee - not desirable

The 2 first scenario are good. Idealy, we should avoid the 3rd one because it will remove some information from the FFB signal

There's a nice discussion going on in the G29 thread, PS4 side, i invite everyone to have a look. I've yet to process everything from there.

Cheers!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Lars Rosenquist

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by b_akerlite View Post
    then i definately musunderstand scoop kneee as it looks to me like your knee is at 26 input / 30 output

edit - i edited your graph to show what I interpret the knee to be....
    I think the knee is higher...like around 56-60. See how the curve flattens out above that? You apply scoop reduction to make that more linear.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: poirqc, skoader