Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nurburgring GP Cheaters are up AGAIN! ;)

Platform
    PS4
    I'm stuck at 1.28.756 (clean). Still 1.7 secs to find, definitely through setup, although I'm quite happy with the balance at the moment. Can't think of what changes to make. Higher downforce? Can't seem to make it work for me, so I'm at 8 front and 6 rear.

Looking at the videos on here, its pretty much down to corner exits and getting the power down. I'm having to be quite progressive with the throttle. My top speed is good at about 195mph so maybe it is a downforce thing. My braking is a little earlier than in the videos, which again might improve with higher downforce.

Anyone have any downforce tips?
    Started a racing blog including first impressions of pCARS amongst some other racing experiences - check them out at http://munirchoudhury.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think.
    I'm also on twitter: https://twitter.com/choupolo

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Front 6.5
    Rear 10

But i'm slow, 1.31.7** ............Maybe thats why

Platform
    PS4
    Hehe, that's not slow with those downforce settings.

I had a long session trialling different df settings yesterday. Firstly I always prefer a balance towards the front (by around 2 units) which improves turning arc through fast corners.

If I set df towards the low end e.g. front 2 and rear 0 - my top speed jumps to 200+mph but carrying any sort of speed though the fast corners becomes a nightmare (twitchy and either understeers wide or loses the back end). Laptime can be anywhere between about 1:31-1:33.

With df at 8 and 6 - my top speed is 195mph and cornering performance becomes predictable at high speed. I can now throw the car in using a higher gear, and laptimes consistent in the 1:29s.

If I set df towards the high end e.g. front 12 and rear 10 - my top speed is about 190mph but there isn't that much of an increase in the speed I can carry through corners. In fact it almost feels the same as with medium df. Laptime is around 1:30, worse due to a lower top speed.

I found that there's a 'wall' where any increase in df adds no benefit to cornering, it still understeers wide if I turn in a gear too high, which makes me think that there is another limiting factor for my turning arc i.e. mechanical grip through tyre pressures and suspension.

The problem I've found is not in setup but in me! I can easily induce more oversteer by adjusting the suspension and lowering front tyre pressures, and the thing will turn - but controlling that oversteer becomes too hard for me. So I'm held back by needing a setup that understeers so that I can control it.

The fastest times are set with a car that can accelerate whilst still turning - which requires a very pointy setup and lot of finesse with steering and throttle to stay on the edge of grip. Waiting to straighten up the steering before getting back on the throttle due to risk of understeering wide or losing the back end, loses you the most time through long corners and all the way down the next straight.

So in essence I ran out of talent!
    Last edited by choupolo; 21-07-2015 at 16:15.
    Started a racing blog including first impressions of pCARS amongst some other racing experiences - check them out at http://munirchoudhury.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think.
    I'm also on twitter: https://twitter.com/choupolo