Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any chance on getting this feature?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Any chance on getting this feature?

I am a PC and a PS4 console gamer and this feature for the PS4 would GREATLY improve gameplay. I see that a new patch is available for PC addressing some issues but nothing for console. Maybe the Development Team could cook something up so that the next patch for console might include this functionality?

SECOND SCREEN
    pCARS Dash
    Created by Pocket Playground, this second screen app allows you to display vehicle dashboard info, lap timings, or even telemetry data from your current session directly onto an iOS or Android device. Give it to a friend and they can act as your pit engineer monitoring your race and giving you valuable info!
    This is the creators statement:
    Notice regarding pCars Dash and PS4 / XBox1
    At the moment its not possible to use pCars Dash with the PS4 or XB1 version of Project Cars because the Project Cars interface which pCars Dash links to is only available on the PC. We have requested that Slightly Mad Studios (the makers of Project Cars) look at adding an interface that can allow this app (and other 3rd party apps) to work with the PS4 and XB1 versions. Hopefully this will happen in the near future so this app and others can be made available to all Project Cars players.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Microsoft and Sony don't allow the API use... Would be great though
    The following user likes this Post: VBR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah, I heard that but if the creators of this pCARS Dash app make the statement "We have requested that Slightly Mad Studios (the makers of Project Cars) look at adding an interface that can allow this app (and other 3rd party apps) to work with the PS4 and XB1 versions." on the Project Cars official website one would hope that this would be possible with their cooperation.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueNOS2 View Post
    Yeah, I heard that but if the creators of this pCARS Dash app make the statement "We have requested that Slightly Mad Studios (the makers of Project Cars) look at adding an interface that can allow this app (and other 3rd party apps) to work with the PS4 and XB1 versions." on the Project Cars official website one would hope that this would be possible with their cooperation.
    They can request as much as we can, but it's not on SMS hands, it's a console security question. SMS can't ignore the platform rules.
    I think maybe it's possible to add some integration with XBox One Smart Glass app, not sure about PS4. But even that integration would be very simple and not as good as those apps that use the PC API
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Bell

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Too many rules! Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of perhaps using Sony's Remote Play app and adding some sort of integration. C'mon consolers, let's hear some more suggestion. I prefer to race with the view of the road only and have a virtual dash on a second screen which I currently do with PC and it just lends to a more realistic experience.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Too many rules! Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of perhaps using Sony's Remote Play app and adding some sort of integration. C'mon consolers, let's hear some more suggestion. I prefer to race with the view of the road only and have a virtual dash on a second screen which I currently do with PC and it just lends to a more realistic experience.
    I hear you, it would be great. I've started a thread about it myself but it is what it is.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I too had started an earlier thread concerning this as I had emailed "info@slightlymadstudios.com on 7/6/13 and received this response:
    "Thank you for contacting Slightly Mad Studios. We have received your email and we will be responding to you soon.

Please note, Project CARS support requests are handled exclusively via the Project CARS support forum, that can be found at this address (you need to register to post): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/

Thank you."

So I am wondering who we must appeal to to get any official responses?

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I too had started an earlier thread concerning this as I had emailed "info@slightlymadstudios.com on 7/6/13 and received this response:
    "Thank you for contacting Slightly Mad Studios. We have received your email and we will be responding to you soon.

Please note, Project CARS support requests are handled exclusively via the Project CARS support forum, that can be found at this address (you need to register to post): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/

Thank you."

So I am wondering who we must appeal to to get any official responses?
    The official response is the one I gave you. They said it in other threads. As you can see the head of studio liked my post and didn't post to object it.
    Last edited by TheReaper GT; 17-07-2015 at 19:04.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    See the post below this one. Let's keep the issue alive. It can be done.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Wow, my previous thread under "General Discussion" has been closed by Moderator Roger Prynne? It seams that there is contradictory information on this. At the very least if this is truly not possible then the information and disclosure statement should be removed from the Official Project Cars website under Apps pCars Dash pertaining to the possibility as this is very misleading.