Thread: Logitech G920

Platform
    XBOX1

Smile Logitech G920

Just curious as to who on here has pre ordered the upcoming Logitech G920 Xbox One Steering Wheel or if anyone has tried it out and has any feedback on the product? Tempted to pre order it...
    Xbox One

😎 🚗

Platform
    PC
    Just ordered my G29 yesterday. If you have ever used a G27, im assuming its going to be very similar, which IMOis a good thing.
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    As a PC user who recently had a broken brake pedal, I quickly ordered a G27 a couple of weeks ago since they are extremely hard to get hold of now being obsolete. Even Amazon (UK) doesn't have any.
    I wasn't going to wait another 3 months for the G920 to release for the PC when it's likely not as good. (More expensive, no stick shift, everything likely the same).

Platform
    PC
    I would do your due diligence b4 buying this. I'm seeing very bad reviews on this wheel. Here's one.

What I expected: Improved wheel which would be belt driven. Good ffb with no dead zone. Improved pedal set. Shifter included. What we're getting: Wheel which looks like its been put together from left over dfgt and g25 parts. Still has deadzone and doesn't look like an improvement. Not even belt driven. Improved pedal set but shifter not included. Nothing for the extra cash.
    Normal people think the same things that creepy people do, but just decide that it's a bad idea.

Platform
    PC
    In all honesty, i would prefer gear driven over belt. Gears dont stretch or wear out like belts do. Its like having a timing chain vs a timing belt on a vehicle. I will take chain every time!!

Logitech has a proven, reliable & durable system. If it aint broke, dont fix it!
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi guys,

I recently bought the G920 as a replacement for the Thrustmaster TX racing wheel because of issues with the power.

I am using the wheel for Xbox one and PC, but when I play project cars on both platforms anytime I spin or get hit by another car the Pedals seem to cut out and refuse to work.
    all other functions work as in the steering wheel is recognized and the Gears also work ...the only way to alleviate this so far is to return to the pits in a practice or qualifying session,
    but when it comes to race time then I have to leave the session.

this is very frustrating for obvious reasons.

I have looked for a solution but if anyone has experienced the same issue and fixed this I would be a very grateful racer indeed.

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Just guessing, but you might be ending in a situation where the engine dies, and you'd need to start it again (there's a button for that). You can check if it's the pedals ACTUALLY giving out by switching to the telemetry HUD the next time this happens and seeing if the pedal input meters react.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Andropoff, poirqc

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    Just guessing, but you might be ending in a situation where the engine dies, and you'd need to start it again (there's a button for that). You can check if it's the pedals ACTUALLY giving out by switching to the telemetry HUD the next time this happens and seeing if the pedal input meters react.
    This. Next time you get into a collision that you're sure will end in the car coming to a stop, hold in the clutch to keep it from stalling. If you do stall, make sure your ignition and start buttons are mapped.

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you,
    that has sorted that problem nicely .. I wasnt aware that you needed to assign a button to the engine start, I thought if there was no button assigned then it was not used

again thank you dude