Thread: Just renewed my contract with LMP1 and... RAIN

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

Just renewed my contract with LMP1 and... RAIN

So... I'm new here and no idea if someone has complained about that. I did use Google and haven't found anything about it. By the way, my english isn't very good, but I'll try to explain the issue.

The first problem is how annoying the rain is during 10 minute qualifying sessions. I was in my first LMP1 season, playing in the PS4 with the dual shock, the car is kinda sensitive. What is the first thing that is getting me crazy? How fast the track gets wet and dry. If you get to see some drops of rain in your screen it's a matter of 20 seconds for the ENTIRE track to get wet, which is kinda ok, but as soon as they stop splashing your screen is a matter of 5 seconds for the entire track DRY OUT... That's stupid. It's also stupid that in a matter of 10 minutes it may be raining, then the track gets dry out and then it may start to rain again, that happens often.

I could live with it, I really could, IF:

1) we could turn rain off in career mode, which would be kinda silly, but it would fix it... or

2) if the rain was random, like I turn my PS4 off and next time I play it rains randomly in other moments or other tracks, but if I turn my PS4 off and I do start the game over, it starts to rain at the same exact minute and second it did the last time.

All of this is almost acceptable, almost. But there is something REALLY ANNOYING, which is the title of this thread.

I've finished my LMP1 season and the only option was to renew my contract, which I did ... and... unbelievable, all the qualifying and racing sessions are EXACTLY the SAME as the last season when it comes to the weather. It starts to rain in every qualyfing and race session exactly at the same moments as it did in the last season, I mean, what the hell is that? Has anyone else noticed that? It's such a turn off.
    Last edited by carlmistdf; 20-07-2015 at 02:49.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: KK78, nhitrac, Pirategenius, Reinart86

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm guessing you are using time acceleration and not racing full length races. This would explain the track drying or getting wet very quickly. It's more gradual in a full race.

The weather is "scripted" in career mode which is a tad annoying but not the end of the world.
    XBox One, Logitech G920 with H-Shifter, Wheel Stand Pro V2, LG 50" Plasma, LG wireless soundbar & sub woofer, Kitchen chair, Sonic the Hedgehog mug filled with delicious coffee & a lovely stack of chocolate malted milk biscuits.
    (Just thought I'd get in on this listing specs in sigs!!)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I find in full length LMP1 qualifying there is a relly repeditive rain dynamic. Either its a dry session (2/3 of the time), or (maybe 1/3 of the time) it rains for the first 5 minutes. With 10 minutes to go it stops raining. Track is dry from 9 minutes to about 6 to go, then it starts to rain again. This exact pattern happened so frequently in my LMP1 seasons. Anyone else?

Platform
    PS4
    The weather appears to be scripted and not dynamic so after doing 4 seasons in LMP1 is rained on the exact same races/sessions each year which is a bit annoying, I did it for the Hall of Fame trophy and hence won't be doing multiple seasons again in the same class as it gets pretty tiresome.
    Gaming on PS4 XBoxOne PS3 Xbox360 MAC

PSN: slypuss7881
    XBL: slypuss7881

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    It does the same on 100% race distance in career. Track get wet /drys at a ridiculous rate. It needs to be sorted out as it spoils career mode

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Its scripted and apparently weather progression isn't real, its like 4x or something

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes, it is scripted and it was known before the game was released and the whole track gets wet at once, it is not like sector 1 is dry and the rest of the track is wet which would be great to have, but not possible to implement in PCars 1.
    I've been able to qualify without a problem in career mode....there is always one of two laps on the dry that you can use for hot lapping (unless it rains non stop throughout the session) and I remember starting raining right after I had started a hot lap on the dry and I was still able to put on a competitive time. Not perfect, but if there is a game out there that does it better please let me know.
    It is important to point out issues and features that can be improved, but saying this is stupid helps no one...

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by KK78 View Post
    The weather appears to be scripted and not dynamic so after doing 4 seasons in LMP1 is rained on the exact same races/sessions each year which is a bit annoying, I did it for the Hall of Fame trophy and hence won't be doing multiple seasons again in the same class as it gets pretty tiresome.
    Yes, that's the main issue in my view. If they sort this out it will help a lot.

My Azure qualifying in LMP1 is always the same, go to the track as quickly as possible because at the end of the first flying lap the rain will start to spoil my performance. Then (as we need 2 quick laps in LMP1) I go to the pits, advance some minutes so I start a new flying lap with the track drying out.

Next season? I'll have to do exactly the same routine. That is really frustrating (knowing when it will start and stop to rain).